+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Revocation of PR before opening EOI under SINP

Kabir81

Mar 12, 2019
I am a PR of Canada who is at present outside of Canada for about 5+ yrs and is failed to obey residency obligation and my PR card is invalid.

Now I am going to reapply for having PR through PNP category.

My question is that whether I have to voluntarily revoke the PR status before opening a EOI profile or it is need when I will get invitation to apply.

I would request the experts members to guide me in this respect.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You are still a PR. If you apply under PNP, it will be refused as you aren’t eligible to apply. You would need to renounce your PR status before you apply.

Reactions: canuck78

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
NO, I was talking about EOI opening not application.
You must no longer be a PR when you receive the invitation to apply. In other words, at the time you receive the invitation / are selected, you must qualify and therefore no longer be a PR. Since it take take several months for the request to revoke your PR status to be processed, you'll need to submit the request to revoke your PR status several months before you think you're going to be invited. You can't submit this request after you receive the invitation.

Kabir81

Mar 12, 2019
I sent revocation application to Canadian high commission, Singapore, from Bangladesh, by general post. But Commission/IRCC confirm me that they did not receive any kind of application like that. They advise me to attach the said application to the reply email. Now my question is that would IRCC start processing renounciation of my PR status, because if they investigate the matter, they will find that I have not met the residency obligation or not?

I would request all of you concerned to clarify me regarding this.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I sent revocation application to Canadian high commission, Singapore, from Bangladesh, by general post. But Commission/IRCC confirm me that they did not receive any kind of application like that. They advise me to attach the said application to the reply email. Now my question is that would IRCC start processing renounciation of my PR status, because if they investigate the matter, they will find that I have not met the residency obligation or not?

I would request all of you concerned to clarify me regarding this.
I'm not clear exactly what you're asking. In general, IRCC does not start investigating or revoking PR status unless and until there is something that occurs - they don't just go through the files looking for out-of-compliance PRs.

If you mean would they start investigating your file because of your email - probably not, they would wait until they received your document with signature. Also, I don't believe they can revoke your status without notifying you and giving you time to respond (eg appeal).

Note, I'm also not clear what you sent to them - was this your own text in a letter asking them to accept your renunciation? Or was there a form that you sent? (If so, where did you get this form?)

Kabir81

Mar 12, 2019
I'm not clear exactly what you're asking. In general, IRCC does not start investigating or revoking PR status unless and until there is something that occurs - they don't just go through the files looking for out-of-compliance PRs.

If you mean would they start investigating your file because of your email - probably not, they would wait until they received your document with signature. Also, I don't believe they can revoke your status without notifying you and giving you time to respond (eg appeal).

Note, I'm also not clear what you sent to them - was this your own text in a letter asking them to accept your renunciation? Or was there a form that you sent? (If so, where did you get this form?)

Kabir81

Mar 12, 2019
Thank you armoured. Actually I submitted the revocation application, filling the the proper application form, downloaded from IRCC website and sent to Canadian high Comminssion, Singapore, from Bangladesh by general Post. For confirmation I emailed them whether they received my said application with my signature or not. They confirmed me they have not received that kind of application. So, I am wondering that as they may know I did not met the residency obligation if investigate, they could start revocation processing or not? I just want to know or should I send again?

Kabir81

Mar 12, 2019
Again, they advised me if require I may attach the revocation application with signature with their responded e-mail.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you armoured. Actually I submitted the revocation application, filling the the proper application form, downloaded from IRCC website and sent to Canadian high Comminssion, Singapore, from Bangladesh by general Post. For confirmation I emailed them whether they received my said application with my signature or not. They confirmed me they have not received that kind of application. So, I am wondering that as they may know I did not met the residency obligation if investigate, they could start revocation processing or not? I just want to know or should I send again?
Okay, a bit more clear, but not entirely - if they didn't receive the form, unlikely they did anything; if you mean would they react to your email without a new form - probably not, since thye asked you to send it again.

So if you want them to process it and complete the renunciation, do what they requested and send the form by email.