+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Review Required

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
I have been in review for nearly 7 months now and no one has looked at the file. Does anyone have any idea how long this could take. My VO is Sydney NS. I resent all my docs again as IRCC didn’t download all my docs in a certain section and I have been penalised for this, so have had to resend my docs via webform which I did two months ago.
Wow, this is tragic! Especially since the error is not your fault. I hope you get an update soon. My eligibility has been RR since March and I'm already tired of the waiting!

G Singh1977

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Wow, this is tragic! Especially since the error is not your fault. I hope you get an update soon. My eligibility has been RR since March and I'm already tired of the waiting!
I don’t think it will get looked at this year the way things are going. Really angry about it as it is their error!!

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
I got my gcms notes, everything is verified but they haven’t awarded my points for my aunt, my mums real sister. There is no explanation, just documents set for review. As my 5 points haven’t been awarded my score is now 65 below the 67 points. I don’t know what the issue is as they haven’t stated it.
You don't get points for having an aunt in Canada. You only get points for having a sibling in Canada. Unfortunately, no sibling points will be awarded to you.

Last edited:

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
I have been in review for nearly 7 months now and no one has looked at the file. Does anyone have any idea how long this could take? My VO is Sydney NS. I resent all my docs again as IRCC didn’t download all my docs in a certain section and I have been penalized for this, so have had to resend my docs via a web form which I did two months ago.
Did you order your GCMS notes? That's one of the ways you can have an idea why your file has been in review for a long time. You should also call the customer center and ask specifically for notes written in your file in regards to eligibility. All the best.

G Singh1977

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
You don't get points for having an aunt in Canada. You only get points for having a sibling in Canada. Unfortunately, no sibling points will be awarded to you.
I didn’t claim crs points, these are points for adaptability for MEC score, you het 5 points. My crs score isn’t affected. You can claim points for uncles and aunts under adaptability not crs as that is only siblings. They made the error as they didn’t print all the documents for that section and said the printer may have ran out of paper. When officer looked at it he would have thought I haven’t submitted everything. I re submitted the docs again but been nearly 7 months now in review and it’s not even my fault!

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
I didn’t claim CRS points, these are points for adaptability for MEC score, you get 5 points. My CRS score isn’t affected. You can claim points for uncles and aunts under adaptability, not CRS as that is only siblings. They made the error as they didn’t print all the documents for that section and said the printer may have run out of paper. When the officer looked at it he would have thought I haven’t submitted everything. I re-submitted the docs again but been nearly 7 months now in review and it’s not even my fault!
I understand now. Sorry for any confusion. I hope your file gets picked up soon, and the error rectified. Try calling at least once a week to enquire about this. You may also want to email your visa office if you have access to their email, and then raise a web form in this regard. All the best.

G Singh1977

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
I understand now. Sorry for any confusion. I hope your file gets picked up soon, and the error rectified. Try calling at least once a week to enquire about this. You may also want to email your visa office if you have access to their email, and then raise a web form in this regard. All the best.
I re submitted all the docs with another detailed LOE via webform two months ago and the acknowledged they have received it. My VO is Sydney NS, I don’t think you can email them directly. Feels like the file is just forgotten about. It is very unfair but all I can do is wait.

G Singh1977

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Office reviews for PNP guys since early 2019 have been happening around 5-6 months down from the AOR. Given the covid delay, you might add another month or two to that timeframe. Hopefully the officer review should be happening by April end or early May. The Case Assistant doesn't have the authority to alot those points to you and has set for the officer to review and grant.
Review required coming up to 8 months now, I am really getting convinced the Sydney office has no interest with files that are in review required. It’s disgraceful especially when I have paid in full. This would never happen in the private sector, when you pay for something you expect a service. It has been the worst experience I have been through.

Reactions: upon

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Review required coming up to 8 months now, I am really getting convinced the Sydney office has no interest with files that are in review required. It’s disgraceful especially when I have paid in full. This would never happen in the private sector, when you pay for something you expect a service. It has been the worst experience I have been through.
I understand your pain but everyone seems to be on the same plate irrespective of whether the Eligibility was Passed or Review Required or as a matter of fact the VO is Sydney or NDVO etc. I have seen no one getting any conclusive updates. I have few of my friends from Oct - Dec 2019 batch and all those Review Required cases have seen little to No progress.

G Singh1977

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
I understand your pain but everyone seems to be on the same plate irrespective of whether the Eligibility was Passed or Review Required or as a matter of fact the VO is Sydney or NDVO etc. I have seen no one getting any conclusive updates. I have few of my friends from Oct - Dec 2019 batch and all those Review Required cases have seen little to No progress.
I appreciate what you are saying but when you take money off someone you should provide a service. I bet all utility bills are going out on time and property tax bills. They use Covid as an excuse and have no urgency as they have our money. I have seen lots of people with post Oct 2020 AOR’s both in review and out with VO NDVO and their files have or are still getting approved ready for PPR. There is no one to speak to or complain about about them that is the issue.

Reactions: upon

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I appreciate what you are saying but when you take money off someone you should provide a service. I bet all utility bills are going out on time and property tax bills. They use Covid as an excuse and have no urgency as they have our money. I have seen lots of people with post Oct 2020 AOR’s both in review and out with VO NDVO and their files have or are still getting approved ready for PPR. There is no one to speak to or complain about about them that is the issue.
It seems like anyone assigned with CIO Sydney have not seen any updates whatsoever on their application. I am sitting at 5 months now with Eligibility yet to start and that means my spouse will not be added until that happens.

G Singh1977

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
It seems like anyone assigned with CIO Sydney have not seen any updates whatsoever on their application. I am sitting at 5 months now with Eligibility yet to start and that means my spouse will not be added until that happens.
Yes I agree. They are only processing inland applications where all the others seem to do both. I cannot see my file getting looked at until next year now, absolutely so annoyed at this whole process. I am from the U.K. and I have never experienced bad service like this before. I hope and pray that things will change for us very soon.

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
I am a SINP candidate from the U.K. with AOR of 29th Sept. I called IRCC and have passed the following. Medical, Criminality, Bio complete, Info sharing complete. My eligibility is review required. Is this any bring to worry about from
Previous experience? My documents are very similar to the SINP application which passed quite quickly. I have ordered GCMS notes, thanks in advance.
I am SINP too, RR too, and been waiting since RR was set last August. Almost 12 months since RR was added to my file. My AOR was in May 2020.