+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Review of eligibility started but no medical update yet.

Tryphena_06

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Vadodara
App. Filed.......
26-08-2017
Yup, you are right! I shouldn't lose any hope now. Here's my profile
10th CBSE 8.2 CGPA
12th HSC 58 % (mentioned in the SOP that my low grades are due to my continuous absence which was obviously for medical reasons)
Bsc. Visual communication with major in Photography and allied & electives in Programming and Web development.
Applied for a diploma in Computer systems technology in Cambrian College.
I have certificates for my participation in IT competitions.
Mentioned in SOP that I had to do my bachelors in Visual Communication due to my low grades in 12th grade but still picked subjects related to computers during the college days.
No study gap.
I hope it's a strong application.
I do feel it's a pretty good portfolio, however, I'd like to know if the course you've applied is an advanced diploma course, cause if so, I feel they'd dig in more into the reviewing whether it's related to your core curriculum. Lately I've been feeling that it might be due to my course selection, so I think there's some similarity in our applications.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I do feel it's a pretty good portfolio, however, I'd like to know if the course you've applied is an advanced diploma course, cause if so, I feel they'd dig in more into the reviewing whether it's related to your core curriculum. Lately I've been feeling that it might be due to my course selection, so I think there's some similarity in our applications.
Yes it's an advanced diploma. Doesn't matter whether it's a diploma or advanced diploma. They are gonna dog into that and that's why I mentioned it in the SOP clearly. What about you?

Tryphena_06

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Vadodara
App. Filed.......
26-08-2017
Yes it's an advanced diploma. Doesn't matter whether it's a diploma or advanced diploma. They are gonna dog into that and that's why I mentioned it in the SOP clearly. What about you?
I'm saying this as one of my colleagues got a rejection saying that the course is not in reference to his previous studies, and guess what, he selected the International business management course after completing his Bachelor's in Business Administration. How pathetic is that. Anyways, here's my profile:
10th - 87%
12th - 80%
Bachelor's of Commerce - 74% (that is distinction)
The course I've applied for is Financial Planning which is an advanced diploma course. Plus, I'm a fresher, no year gap in between.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I'm saying this as one of my colleagues got a rejection saying that the course is not in reference to his previous studies, and guess what, he selected the International business management course after completing his Bachelor's in Business Administration. How pathetic is that. Anyways, here's my profile:
10th - 87%
12th - 80%
Bachelor's of Commerce - 74% (that is distinction)
The course I've applied for is Financial Planning which is an advanced diploma course. Plus, I'm a fresher, no year gap in between.
Yes, I heard similar stories too. It's really ridiculous to not let people do whichever couse they want. I don't see a problem as long as they pose a real threat such as intention to immigrate illegally. In my case, I already have a TRV and if they were to reject me with reasons like they are not convinced that I'm not a bona-fide student because of course relevancy, it won't make any sense as the basic reason for every rejection is the risk of illegal immigration. If I have to immigrate illegally, why do I have to go through the hassle of getting an admission in a college and wait for several weeks to get a study permit when I already could step into their country with my TRV? I also heard somewhere these reasons are cited as other reasons for rejection. I'm not thinking much about it. I've addressed all these issues in my SOP and I even went to an extent to tell them that my father's organisation will be more than happy to welcome me back after the advanced diploma.

Tryphena_06

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Vadodara
App. Filed.......
26-08-2017
Yes, I heard similar stories too. It's really ridiculous to not let people do whichever couse they want. I don't see a problem as long as they pose a real threat such as intention to immigrate illegally. In my case, I already have a TRV and if they were to reject me with reasons like they are not convinced that I'm not a bona-fide student because of course relevancy, it won't make any sense as the basic reason for every rejection is the risk of illegal immigration. If I have to immigrate illegally, why do I have to go through the hassle of getting an admission in a college and wait for several weeks to get a study permit when I already could step into their country with my TRV? I also heard somewhere these reasons are cited as other reasons for rejection. I'm not thinking much about it. I've addressed all these issues in my SOP and I even went to an extent to tell them that my father's organisation will be more than happy to welcome me back after the advanced diploma.
You've got a relevant point there, all I hope is they do take into consideration all these aspects. As long as returning back is considered, I don't think they actually mind people staying back there as they're coming up w rules of not letting students go back, or something related to that. Not sure how true that is. Also, high school grads are getting their visa faster than us, so it's downright depressing. Did you get an extension from your college?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
You've got a relevant point there, all I hope is they do take into consideration all these aspects. As long as returning back is considered, I don't think they actually mind people staying back there as they're coming up w rules of not letting students go back, or something related to that. Not sure how true that is. Also, high school grads are getting their visa faster than us, so it's downright depressing. Did you get an extension from your college?
Seems like I should be there by Sept 11 even though the classes start on 5th Sept. Geez, we all deserve a chance to prove ourselves. Yup, can't understand why high school grads are getting visa before us. I thought it is within our liberty to pursue whatever we want but these visa officers do like poking their noses in our business. After all the colleges gave us the offer letter. Not really easy to get offer letters without meeting the requirements.

Tryphena_06

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Vadodara
App. Filed.......
26-08-2017
Seems like I should be there by Sept 11 even though the classes start on 5th Sept. Geez, we all deserve a chance to prove ourselves. Yup, can't understand why high school grads are getting visa before us. I thought it is within our liberty to pursue whatever we want but these visa officers do like poking their noses in our business. After all the colleges gave us the offer letter. Not really easy to get offer letters without meeting the requirements.
Which college tho? I got an extension till the 11th too. Absolutely, they're just giving absurd reasons. I do feel that they should start taking up interviews and then give such excuses. Any update today?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Which college tho? I got an extension till the 11th too. Absolutely, they're just giving absurd reasons. I do feel that they should start taking up interviews and then give such excuses. Any update today?
I just got an update. I passed my medical. Weird but true. My college is Cambrian. I think we are going right to the end.

Reactions: Tryphena_06

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.