+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Review of additional documents for more than 3 months??????

chris655

Oct 16, 2017
Hey Guys,

My spousal sponsorship has been on-going for a while now and i like to seek some opinions from you guys:

Sponsor (me): Canada Citizen living in Hong Kong for the sole purpose of waiting my wife's PR
Applicant: Chinese Citizen living in China (Guangzhou)

Application Sent from Hong Kong: June 05, 2018
AOR: July 07, 2018
Request for Medical: July 26, 2018
Sponsor Approval: July 27, 2018
Application sent to Hong Kong VO: Aug 03, 2018
Medical passed: Aug 03, 2018
Hong Kong VO request updated docs (submitted in original application): Aug 16, 2018
ADR: Aug 27, 2018
AD submission: Sept 26, 2018
Review of additional documents : Since Sept 30

Is it normal for the "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided" for last this long? its been more than 3 months now.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
completely normal. IRCC attempts to complete 80% of all spousal sponsorships within 1 year so unless you’ve gone over that, everything is going 100% as it should be.

chris655

Oct 16, 2017
completely normal. IRCC attempts to complete 80% of all spousal sponsorships within 1 year so unless you’ve gone over that, everything is going 100% as it should be.
Thanks very much for your quick reply! this is so nerve-wrecking!

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Thanks very much for your quick reply! this is so nerve-wrecking!
I went through the same but my spouse moved to Canada first before sponsoring me. The general thinking is that silence from IRCC is good because they are not trying to clarify anything else from you. Best of luck!

chris655

Oct 16, 2017
I went through the same but my spouse moved to Canada first before sponsoring me. The general thinking is that silence from IRCC is good because they are not trying to clarify anything else from you. Best of luck!
Ahhhh...... no news is good news.

MB from Ott

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
I'm in the same boat Chris! My husband and I live in China and his file is in HK now.
May 10 applicant
Transferred to HK Aug 3,
Requested additional doc Sept 21, Reviewing additional docs since Oct 24
Complete silence since.... It is soul-destroying, but like people say, we're still in the 12 months, and sometimes, no news is good news!

MB from Ott

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
I've ordered my notes to try and keep my sanity and feel like I've received an update... Expecting them by the 18th...maybe I'll see something good that hasn't been updated on GC yet :p

Reactions: Ori2314

Ori2314

Mar 4, 2019
Abu Dhabi
Category........
App. Filed.......
25-12-2018
Doc's Request.
28-02-2019
Med's Request
28-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-03-2019
I've ordered my notes to try and keep my sanity and feel like I've received an update... Expecting them by the 18th...maybe I'll see something good that hasn't been updated on GC yet :p
Hi
Have you got any news since then ? My application was filed on 2nd of January, additional document received on March, and i haven't heard anymore from them full silence:
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
  • March 8, 2019 You passed the medical exam
  • We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

MB from Ott

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Hi
Have you got any news since then ? My application was filed on 2nd of January, additional document received on March, and i haven't heard anymore from them full silence:
Nope, still reviewing our additional documents according to GC Key. We passed the 12 month mark in May. Sent a webform and contacted local MP. My husband's application has been selected for additional security screening (no surprise, really). Unfortunately, there is no definitive, or estimated, time frame for that. So... We wait. And we contact the MP again in a few more weeks. Hope your app goes smoothly!

Reactions: Sing rajgobal

smallcoffee

Apr 4, 2018
Paris
Nope, still reviewing our additional documents according to GC Key. We passed the 12 month mark in May. Sent a webform and contacted local MP. My husband's application has been selected for additional security screening (no surprise, really). Unfortunately, there is no definitive, or estimated, time frame for that. So... We wait. And we contact the MP again in a few more weeks. Hope your app goes smoothly!
Hi, country of PA?