+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Review 'Letter of Purpose'

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
Hi Guys,

I am applying for visitor visa, I've previously stayed in Australia for 14 years (on study & work permit) till 2020. Can you please review my 'ties to India' section in LOP and let me know how to improve it?

I have no desire whatsoever to overstay in Canada if given a visa as I have my job and my parents who are dependent on me. In other words, I am the bread earner of my family. Right now, I am staying with my parents in my grandfather’s 3 – storey house in Navsari, which is my ancestral property and I also own the 2BHK Apt. worth of 12,00,000 INR in the same city.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am applying for visitor visa, I've previously stayed in Australia for 14 years (on study & work permit) till 2020. Can you please review my 'ties to India' section in LOP and let me know how to improve it?

I have no desire whatsoever to overstay in Canada if given a visa as I have my job and my parents who are dependent on me. In other words, I am the bread earner of my family. Right now, I am staying with my parents in my grandfather’s 3 – storey house in Navsari, which is my ancestral property and I also own the 2BHK Apt. worth of 12,00,000 INR in the same city.
The fact that you aren’t living in your property makes it less of a tie. What is your purpose of travel to Canada? How long a stay are you requesting? How long have you been working at this job? Is it considered well paid? Do you have proof of approved leave from your job? How much savings have your shown? Liquid? The fact that you stayed in Australia for such a long time can be viewed as a negative. Did you attempt to immigrate to Australia? Did you try to extend your stay past 2020? Have you ever applied to immigrate,work or study in Canada? It looks like you may be applying for PR at the moment. Have you ever been married?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys,

Aren’t you a citizen? I see no ties as you live in your grandfather’s house. Your parents are not a tie as you can send them money. You lived outside your country for 14 years. Ties are job, spouse, children. You don’t live in your own home.