+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Revaluation in Writing

Kaur Ravneet

Aug 25, 2018
I have already appeared four times for IELTS exam. From them first two with IDP and other two with BC. I always scored 6.5 in writing except in Third attempt in which I scored 7. In last exam I scored W6.5 L 8 R 8.5 S 7. I was thinking to apply for Revaluation in writing. Will I get 0.5 more. My paper went good and my tutor also feels like my writing should get 7.
Suggest please. M really confused

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
I have already appeared four times for IELTS exam. From them first two with IDP and other two with BC. I always scored 6.5 in writing except in Third attempt in which I scored 7. In last exam I scored W6.5 L 8 R 8.5 S 7. I was thinking to apply for Revaluation in writing. Will I get 0.5 more. My paper went good and my tutor also feels like my writing should get 7.
Suggest please. M really confused
I guess your last attempt was with BC, There is chance you can get positive results in writing, see this thread

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/remark-success-rate.494965/

but still if you don't get positive results, you have to re-take it OR you can compare your writing style before going for revaluation in this thread

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-writing-for-band-7-or-above.540392/

you can compare your writing with other people, so you can get the idea, if it's really worth for going for revaluation route, cuz it take 2 months and money.

Reactions: Kaur Ravneet

MMORYTO

Oct 22, 2017
Go for it. I had the same situation in 2014 when I was still living in UK. Initial score was 5.5 and after me requesting revaluation they changed it to be 6.5.

Reactions: Kaur Ravneet

Kaur Ravneet

Aug 25, 2018
I got my revaluation result with no improvement. I filled it on 30th August 2018 and got result courier at home on 20th September 2018. In between I got two text message on my phone. Both message s from local service centre. First that they received my documents on 3rd September and second that they started my process on 5th September. I didn't get any email from their side. Suddenly I got courier at home with no stamp on courier envelope that it was sent through UK. I think they didn't send my documents for Revaluation and sent result by their own. I think British Council Revaluation system is totally fraud.

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
I got my revaluation result with no improvement. I filled it on 30th August 2018 and got result courier at home on 20th September 2018. In between I got two text message on my phone. Both message s from local service centre. First that they received my documents on 3rd September and second that they started my process on 5th September. I didn't get any email from their side. Suddenly I got courier at home with no stamp on courier envelope that it was sent through UK. I think they didn't send my documents for Revaluation and sent result by their own. I think British Council Revaluation system is totally fraud.
your TRF come from Gurgaon office, not from UK, your new TRF must have a letter mentioning that score has changed or not, well you can never be sure of what they do or don't. It is not transparent at all.