+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning to Canada for good

samg1014

Jan 19, 2014
hi All,

i will be moving to Canada on may 15, about 7 days prior to completing 3 years out of Canada.

Just working on getting an apartment somewhere near Markham, Scarborough area.

I am a bit worried about entering after all these years and kind of nervous about what the immigration officer might question.

Questions:

1. I believe all I need it my current Indian passport and valid Canadian PR card to enter, right?
2. I am thinking of going to Toronto alone once before taking my family on May 15th. This is just to make sure that I can enter Canada without any issues. Do you think this is necessary or infact I should be fine and be able to enter without issue since I am returning before 3 years.
2. Do i need to show any proof of funds?
3. Any idea on what I might be asked at the airport when entering Canada?
4. Will I be asked about any of the items like jewelry I originally took with me when landing in 2011?
5. Anyone knows about where to find elementary school's rankings, something similar to how US grades the schools? I need a good elementary for my son.
6.Any good website for renting apartment around Toronto?

thanks all,
SG

CanadianinDubai

Feb 11, 2014
samg1014 said:
hi All,

i will be moving to Canada on may 15, about 7 days prior to completing 3 years out of Canada.

I am a bit worried about entering after all these years and kind of nervous about what the immigration officer might question.

Questions:

1. I believe all I need it my current Indian passport and valid Canadian PR card to enter, right?
2. I am thinking of going to Toronto alone once before taking my family on May 15th. This is just to make sure that I can enter Canada without any issues. Do you think this is necessary or infact I should be fine and be able to enter without issue since I am returning before 3 years.
4. Will I be asked about any of the items like jewelry I originally took with me when landing in 2011?
5. Anyone knows about where to find elementary school's rankings, something similar to how US grades the schools? I need a good elementary for my son.

thanks all,
SG

hi this site can help you

http://www.kurucz.ca/expatrepat/

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samg1014 said:
hi All,

Questions:

thanks all,
SG
1. You need your PR card and passport.
2. You don't need proof of funds.
3. You may be asked about how long you were outside Canada and if you still meet the residency obligations. If you want to call your family later, make sure you bring them soon enough that they can meet the residency obligations too.
4. I don't know.
5. There are some websites where you can look for school rankings such as
http://ontario.compareschoolrankings.org/elementary/SchoolsByRankLocationName.aspx
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/annual-elementary-school-rankings-released-1.1160180
http://www.getwhatyouwant.ca/torontos-best-neighbourhoods-by-elementary-school-2013
If you are looking at a public school, you will have to live in the right neighbourhood for your kids to go there. If it's a private school, it doesn't matter where you live.
6. There are plenty of websites but I don't know which are good. If you have decided on a neighbourhood, you can also drive around there and look for vacancy signs.