File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Clearly there were gaps or glitches with new system. I didn't know that they sent an invite to apply for card.

Would still call to confirm status.
There was no gap or glitch.

The Permanent Resident Confirmation Portal was introduced in March of last year and this is now a normal step in the process for virtual landings. The OP never clicked on the portal link to actually submit the PR card application. So makes perfect sense they never received the card - they didn't complete this process. OP is certainly a PR and completed landing formalities - they just failed to complete the step to apply for the actual PR card.

Reactions: armoured

xjustin

Jul 5, 2021
For anyone who may stumble across this:
I called up IRCC and asked to confirm that I hold PR status.

I asked about crossing land border on foot or private vehicle and was told that it won't be an issue but to bring the virtual landing letter + CoPR + passport. I will have to adhere to whatever COVID-19 restrictions they have in place for entering Canada (obviously).

Thanks for the help everyone.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
There was no gap or glitch.

The Permanent Resident Confirmation Portal was introduced in March of last year and this is now a normal step in the process for virtual landings. The OP never clicked on the portal link to actually submit the PR card application. So makes perfect sense they never received the card - they didn't complete this process. OP is certainly a PR and completed landing formalities - they just failed to complete the step to apply for the actual PR card.
Fair enough in this case, haven't seen anyone else with this, meaning everyone else has actually submitted the application. My mistake.

Note though the friend reported here that didn't get the link to apply for the card.

There are also multiple reports of outland applicants being told to eg send info to visa office that they are in Canada to be invited for the virtual landing. Months and months later - nothing, seemingly no way to shake things loose.

Yep, I wasn't clear on this here. But there do seem to be gaps. (Whether 'glitches', don't know )).

HimanshPawar

Apr 17, 2021
Hi All,
I received CoPR during April 2021 but all Flights were banned from India. I was not able to travel till date.

I am currently in India and planning to travel to Canada next month.

Do I need IM-1 visa for travelling to Canada or Can I travel using worker category Visa(currently holding).

Is it possible to use my existing Worker category Visa to land in Canada?

Could you please suggest how to proceed in this case?