+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning to Canada as PR with just over 6 weeks left...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
This is not a tweet venue. Or a bumper sticker display case.

Not sure what you mean by "look up" TLDR . . . after all, I am probably the poster-boy (albeit old man actually) for TLDR comments in at least the citizenship and PR parts of this forum. Periodically, over the course of many years, here and elsewhere, I have had more than a few shots taken at me in the vein of TLDR . . . but that is a small number in comparison to the expressions of gratitude.

Never understood, though, why someone thinks they can credibly comment on something they have not even read. Ignorance is not a virtue.

In any event, I am very OK with people scrolling past my posts. I often start posts suggesting that most will want to do that. After all, my focus here is on a small range of the more complex issues arising in relation to grant citizenship and preserving PR status. My effort is to address how the process actually works in more complicated or difficult situations, especially situations involving pitfalls often understated or overlooked in scores of overly broad generalizations which are short and simple, but which too often can be disastrously misleading for a few.

That is, my posts are aimed at a rather narrow audience, albeit an audience I hope will benefit from a more in-depth, nuanced analysis. In contrast, for example, I make no effort to satiate the attention span of a newt.

In any event . . .

(Emphasis added; complete post quoted below.)

(Complete post quoted below.)

Perhaps rather than Antony Flew, recommending some George Orwell would be apropos.
As already stated, I didn't need to read the remainder of the post to comment on what you stated in the first paragraph. Nothing beyond that paragraph would have changed what I said, as it was solely based on your application of data in that particular paragraph. Not reading the rest of the post in no way makes me ignorant because I did not comment on anything in the rest of the post.

OK, I told you not to say something inaccurate. I have no issues with that.

Besram

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Just a quick follow-up on this.

I entered Canada a few days ago without any issues. I used the self-serve kiosks in Vancouver Airport, and the officer just asked where I currently live (I answered truthfully) and that was that. Whole thing took less than 30 secs.

Hope this helps anyone.

Besram

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

I entered Canada a few days ago without any issues. I used the self-serve kiosks in Vancouver Airport, and the officer just asked where I currently live (I answered truthfully) and that was that. Whole thing took less than 30 secs.

Hope this helps anyone.

Besram
Assume all the officer said was ‘welcome back’ but maybe also should have said stay put this time around.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Hope this helps anyone.

Besram
Thanks for the update.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Congrats, remember that your RO period will exclude any personal visits you make from Canada (to US or home country perhaps). Given that you are close, factor those in while planning any vacations.