+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returning PR Card Applicaion

M

moody11432

Hi,

I realy appreciate this website which give valuable advice and hope you can help me.

I applied for PR Card renewal which expired in Oct 2008 then left Canada. After that CIC requested copy of passport and travel history. Since I'm not in Canada and it is difficult to prove that I spent 3 yrs in Canada I did not reply to CIC and ultimately they returned my application.

Based on that my questions are:
- I'm still having my PR Card, shall I ask Canadian Embassy in Saudi Arabia to determine the status of my PR and what they will ask to submit and how long t will take.
- If I surrender my PR Card and documents to the Canadian Embassy. Can I apply again for PR.
- If I surrender my PR and apply for mmigration, is it possible to reject my application, because I previously lost my residency

Your advise would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

moody11432 said:
Hi,

I realy appreciate this website which give valuable advice and hope you can help me.

I applied for PR Card renewal which expired in Oct 2008 then left Canada. After that CIC requested copy of passport and travel history. Since I'm not in Canada and it is difficult to prove that I spent 3 yrs in Canada I did not reply to CIC and ultimately they returned my application.

Based on that my questions are:
- I'm still having my PR Card, shall I ask Canadian Embassy in Saudi Arabia to determine the status of my PR and what they will ask to submit and how long t will take.
- If I surrender my PR Card and documents to the Canadian Embassy. Can I apply again for PR.
- If I surrender my PR and apply for mmigration, is it possible to reject my application, because I previously lost my residency

Your advise would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
1. If you can't prove that you resided in Canada for 2 years in the 5, then you know that you have a problem.
2. If you wish to apply for PR again, you must qualify under the "list of 38" and you would have relinquish your PR status, through the CHC in Saudi, before a new application would be considered.

PMM