+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned Application - Inland Family Sponsorship and Open Work Permit

Miletski05

Jan 31, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Hello, my application for Inland Family Sponsorship and Open Work Permit was returned because we forgot to include one form (our mistake). I am resending it so I have the following questions:

1. Do we need to pay the fees again (Family Sponsorship and Open Work Permit Fee)?
2. Do we need to fill out all the forms again?
3. Can we opt to have it submitted online this time? We sent it initially thru paper and we want to submit it online this time since we notice that the processing time of applications submitted is processed faster.
4. Do we need to provide an explanation or cover letter as to why the document is being resubmitted? Or does the letter from CIC suffice as an attachment to the letter?

Thanks! :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Miletski05 said:
Hello, my application for Inland Family Sponsorship and Open Work Permit was returned because we forgot to include one form (our mistake). I am resending it so I have the following questions:

1. Do we need to pay the fees again (Family Sponsorship and Open Work Permit Fee)?
2. Do we need to fill out all the forms again?
3. Can we opt to have it submitted online this time? We sent it initially thru paper and we want to submit it online this time since we notice that the processing time of applications submitted is processed faster.
4. Do we need to provide an explanation or cover letter as to why the document is being resubmitted? Or does the letter from CIC suffice as an attachment to the letter?

Thanks! :)
Don't pay again. Just resubmit the paper application with the missing form. No cover letter required.

I believe all PR apps are paper still...

Miletski05

Jan 31, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Okay. Thank you for your prompt response. Since the Family Sponsorship is still thru paper, can we submit my OWP online and the Family Sponsorship via paper?

Also, with regards to the form, do we need to update the form since the date should be changed? or leave the original form as it is and just submit the form missing?

Thanks in advance.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Miletski05 said:
Okay. Thank you for your prompt response. Since the Family Sponsorship is still thru paper, can we submit my OWP online and the Family Sponsorship via paper?

Also, with regards to the form, do we need to update the form since the date should be changed? or leave the original form as it is and just submit the form missing?

Thanks in advance.
The form was missing, therefore it had no date on it. All the other forms you can leave the same. It is best to submit the OWP with the application. This way, if there is another error, they will return it, and CPC-V doesn't necessarily know there is an inland application tied to it. So, best to follow procedure.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should check the CIC website to ensure that none of the forms have been updated...since they like to update forms fairly often. Make sure to send the latest version of ALL forms.

Do you still have legal status in Canada? If you do, you should include the OWP [again].

Miletski05

Jan 31, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Thanks for the info. Also, we sent our application (OWP and Inland Sponsorship) in Mississauga and not Vegrevile. Is that correct?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Miletski05 said:
Thanks for the info. Also, we sent our application (OWP and Inland Sponsorship) in Mississauga and not Vegrevile. Is that correct?
CPC-M yes

rossdato

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
21 April 2016
Med's Request
21-April 2016
Med's Done....
28 April 2016
Passport Req..
18 July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
19 July 2016... Passport collected 22 July 2016
Hi, just some few concerns, Im a TFW under Caregiver here, now I have a Canadian bf whom I knew him a yeat ago before I landed here in Canda this year,now he wants to marry me soon, is possible to apply OWP + spousal sponsorship even though im under temporary work permit?

Miletski05

Jan 31, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Ponga said:
You should check the CIC website to ensure that none of the forms have been updated...since they like to update forms fairly often. Make sure to send the latest version of ALL forms.

Do you still have legal status in Canada? If you do, you should include the OWP [again].
I am currently on Visitor Visa and we are on the process of Inland Sponsorship and OWP. Regardng the forms, I made sure that the forms we submitted are updated. Just to make sure I got it, all I have to do is to add the missing form (we missed attaching IMM 5481 - do not have any date and signatures needed) and leave the other forms (with date and signature) as it is and never change the dates on it?