+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned application .. advise please

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My application (me and my family) was returned due missing signature on the physical calculator form for my wife. My application has a paper confirming its complete but returned as it is part of the package with my wife's application.

We will resend the applications soon. Two questions:

(1) For me (although my application is complete) I want to redo the application form and physical presence form to add more days as when I sent the original one I was exactly 1095 days, any concerns regarding this?.

(2) There is a note on the file says : NOTE: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations. What does this mean?

Thanks,
A

edward22

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office Sydney, Nova Scotia - Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-07-2019
Interview........
n/a
when you submitted your application

Mrs.Houli

Jul 8, 2014
Hi,

My application (me and my family) was returned due missing signature on the physical calculator form for my wife. My application has a paper confirming its complete but returned as it is part of the package with my wife's application.

We will resend the applications soon. Two questions:

(1) For me (although my application is complete) I want to redo the application form and physical presence form to add more days as when I sent the original one I was exactly 1095 days, any concerns regarding this?.

(2) There is a note on the file says : NOTE: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations. What does this mean?

Thanks,
A
When

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When CIC received your application? If you are September Applicant, they do check as they received the app
I have received the package today. Not sure how CIC works.

Any advise on my questions?

A

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don’t need to redo your app
I did it so I gain some days to my application -as I explained above-.
Is there any concerns with this?.

My other question is : There is a note on the file says : NOTE: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations. What does this mean?

A

Mrs.Houli

Jul 8, 2014
In my understanding, send back as it is,, anyways only your wife has missing signature. They already accepted yours as complete app

luciano_ca

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
I did it so I gain some days to my application -as I explained above-.
Is there any concerns with this?.

My other question is : There is a note on the file says : NOTE: the date of signature on the original application will still be used for physical presence calculations. What does this mean?

A
First of all, my application also returned (different reason), I reapplied and I am now a Canadian. So don’t let this situation put you down.

Second, your application was returned, therefore it was not processed. You have two alternatives:

1) your wife signs it and you send the same package again. In this case they will consider the original date you signed in order to calculate the physical presence (that’s what they meant with that note).

2) you redo your whole application and sign with current date. In this case you will need to recalculate the physical presence (probably you will gain some extra days). They will process according to the new date in terms of physical presence. You can still use the same payment though (you don’t need to pay again).

In any of those situations, I would suggest writing a cover letter explaining the situation.

By the way, I chose to redo the whole application (number 2).

Good luck and I wish you a fast process!

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, my application also returned (different reason), I reapplied and I am now a Canadian. So don’t let this situation put you down.

Second, your application was returned, therefore it was not processed. You have two alternatives:

1) your wife signs it and you send the same package again. In this case they will consider the original date you signed in order to calculate the physical presence (that’s what they meant with that note).

2) you redo your whole application and sign with current date. In this case you will need to recalculate the physical presence (probably you will gain some extra days). They will process according to the new date in terms of physical presence. You can still use the same payment though (you don’t need to pay again).

In any of those situations, I would suggest writing a cover letter explaining the situation.

By the way, I chose to redo the whole application (number 2).

Good luck and I wish you a fast process!
Many thanks for the detailed response.
My plan is to make my wife sign her physical presence form and we won't change anything else for her . For me I will redo the application form and physical presence form. My kids will keep as is. The difference will be my application date will be different than my wife's.
Is this in line with what you have mentioned?

Thanks again.
A

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Save yourself a bunch of headaches and make sure all the forms are the most current revision or they will reject it again. Update any that aren't current.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Make sure the forms on the website have the same form number and revision date (IMM........) as the ones you have previously submitted. If they match, you're good to go, if they don't you need to fill them out again ( and don't forget to sign them).