+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return Ticket on Visitor Visa

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
My Mother has the visitor visa for Canada and I am a PR in Canada. I intend to go back to India in September 2022 and then return with my mother in September 2022 itself. I want my mother to maximize her stay with me so would like her to return back to India in Feb 2023 before her 6 months are done. Can someone tell me

1) How much funds shall she show in account to immigration officer if she intends to stay here for ~5 months?

2) Will it be an issue if her return ticket is for 5-6 months after initial journey? Will the immigration officer be expecting all tourists to return back within weeks and never months?

3) At the airport, can i assist her for immigration interview as she cant speak english.

Thanks.

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
My Mother has the visitor visa for Canada and I am a PR in Canada. I intend to go back to India in September 2022 and then return with my mother in September 2022 itself. I want my mother to maximize her stay with me so would like her to return back to India in Feb 2023 before her 6 months are done. Can someone tell me

1) How much funds shall she show in account to immigration officer if she intends to stay here for ~5 months?

2) Will it be an issue if her return ticket is for 5-6 months after initial journey? Will the immigration officer be expecting all tourists to return back within weeks and never months?

3) At the airport, can i assist her for immigration interview as she cant speak english.

Thanks.
Someone please suggest

throwaway76

Jul 28, 2018
My Mother has the visitor visa for Canada
If she already has the visa, why does she need to show funds to immigration officer? Also, why will they check the return ticket? at the airport you can do a combined declaration and meet with the CBSA officer together.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If she already has the visa, why does she need to show funds to immigration officer? Also, why will they check the return ticket? at the airport you can do a combined declaration and meet with the CBSA officer together.
If someone is on a regular TRV (vs. super visa), the airline will often require a return ticket to allow the visitor to board the plane to Canada. So if someone only has a one way ticket, there's a risk the airline will refuse boarding.

throwaway76

Jul 28, 2018
If someone is on a regular TRV (vs. super visa), the airline will often require a return ticket to allow the visitor to board the plane to Canada. So if someone only has a one way ticket, there's a risk the airline will refuse boarding.
This is prior to CBSA, right? OP asked if Immigration officer will have a problem, stick to the asked question.

Also, more details: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-return-ticket-compulsary-in-visitor-visa.539846/