+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Retired Parents Visitor Visa

Apr 5, 2017
They need to provide proof of their own funds and savings for TRVs even if you will be paying their travel costs.
Do we need to keep the funds on account until we get it approved? How much finds would be sufficient enough for my mom and dad for a 15 days travel?

ajaf

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hi,
Can someone please guide me whats the best health insurance for parents visit visa? the one that provides extensive coverage..
Really appreciate if someone with experience can guide.. Thanks

canadadreamer123

Jul 7, 2017
Hi,
I am a PR. I am applying visitor visa for my retired parents. They dont have any business or agricultural property. They only have a house in their name.
What all documents should I submit?
Their visa was rejected once for following reasons:
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay
2. Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself

How much funds should I show? And should they be in savings account ? or Fixed or term deposits will do?

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi,
I am a PR. I am applying visitor visa for my retired parents. They dont have any business or agricultural property. They only have a house in their name.
What all documents should I submit?
Their visa was rejected once for following reasons:
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay
2. Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself

How much funds should I show? And should they be in savings account ? or Fixed or term deposits will do?
Your parents need to show the money

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes they did. They were all in terrm/fixed deposits. Should they be in savings/chequing account? And how much CAD should we show for 2 weeks stay for 2?
Doesn't have to be savings. It can be in Fixed deposits. Do a quick calculation of how much money someone would need to stay in Canada for two weeks if they were not visiting family. Tickets are around 2500-3000$ these days so let's say 6000$ for return tickets. Add some amount for travel insurance and let's say 1.5K to 2K for food and accommodation for two weeks. I would say around 10K CAD at a minimum for two weeks visit. It is always good if amount is more than that. So if you can show around 15K CAD that should be good enough.

• Wow
Reactions: Winner_