+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Retired Parents Visitor Visa

mayuri.asrani

May 31, 2016
Hello ,

I am a PR in Canada since 2 years and I plan to invite my parents on Visitor Visa in July 2019. My father is retired and mother is a housewife. They have sufficient financial assets to be included in the application in the form of a CA evaluated document. They can support themselves during their visit to Canada. My father had visited Singapore once 15 years back and apart from that they do not have any travel history. I was wondering how can I make the application more stronger to avoid any refusals?

bpayne788

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hi. My parents has the same situiation as yours, dad is retired and mom is a home maker ever since they were married. They applied trv this month and got approved last week. My mom has no travel history, although my dad travelled to different countries in Asia many years ago,he did not include his old passports with stamps from before. Both my parents submitted new passports. They showed funds that would be enough for their stay here, business permit (small convenience store), properties, tax returns, vehicle registrations and my dad’s pension certificate from the bank. They also mentioned that they will only be visiting for 3 weeks.

In their purpose of travel they put family visit and to meet their newest grand daughter. They provided itinerary for each week.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As per bpayne788 the recommendation is to specify a visit of just 2-3 weeks in the application, any longer than that can sometimes cause issues with some aapplications. Having said that if approved then the actual stay timeline will be determined on entry by CBSA so could just default to upto 6 months regardless of what was specified in the application..

mayuri.asrani

May 31, 2016
Hi. My parents has the same situiation as yours, dad is retired and mom is a home maker ever since they were married. They applied trv this month and got approved last week. My mom has no travel history, although my dad travelled to different countries in Asia many years ago,he did not include his old passports with stamps from before. Both my parents submitted new passports. They showed funds that would be enough for their stay here, business permit (small convenience store), properties, tax returns, vehicle registrations and my dad’s pension certificate from the bank. They also mentioned that they will only be visiting for 3 weeks.

In their purpose of travel they put family visit and to meet their newest grand daughter. They provided itinerary for each week.
Hi Bpayne,
My father does not have a business or pension to show. Could you suggest what can we show in place of them to make the application stronger?

sweene

Dec 4, 2017

Hi, i am applying for my Retired parents visa too. M dads into business and mom is a retired school teacher. Can you guide me how to start their application online. Struggling with one.

bpayne788

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hi, i am applying for my Retired parents visa too. M dads into business and mom is a retired school teacher. Can you guide me how to start their application online. Struggling with one.
Hi! You can start here... make an account for your parents either your dad or mom being the principal applicant.

https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s24ed33069aa18629848d7907c0c875fd59c8be86b

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html

bpayne788

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hi Bpayne,
My father does not have a business or pension to show. Could you suggest what can we show in place of them to make the application stronger?

Hi, im not exactly sure what documents your parents has to show. I believe the stronger ties they have in their home country, the better. How about properties? I hope someone here can help you.

khuranahbc

Nov 6, 2011
Hello ,

I am a PR in Canada since 2 years and I plan to invite my parents on Visitor Visa in July 2019. My father is retired and mother is a housewife. They have sufficient financial assets to be included in the application in the form of a CA evaluated document. They can support themselves during their visit to Canada. My father had visited Singapore once 15 years back and apart from that they do not have any travel history. I was wondering how can I make the application more stronger to avoid any refusals?
Hi Mayuri,

I am exactly at same situation like yours. Can you please tell me what documents did you submit?

Thanks in advance

Apr 5, 2017
I recieved passport request for my parents today. Thank you everyone for the responses.
My mom's visitor visa got refused 3 times last one was more than a year back. We are planning to apply for my mom and dad together next year. Every refusal reason was financial support even though we showed enough funds. Can you please tell me how much funds did you show on the statement on your application
Thanks

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
My mom's visitor visa got refused 3 times last one was more than a year back. We are planning to apply for my mom and dad together next year. Every refusal reason was financial support even though we showed enough funds. Can you please tell me how much funds did you show on the statement on your application
Thanks
How long was the visit for, was an itinerary provided?