+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Retain boarding passes

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Yesterday I was back to Calgary from the US. In the airport they introduced new system: you just scan your PR card and declaration at an ATM-type machine and pretty much continue to the baggage section, where someone just looks at your PR card and you take your baggage, leave declaration card and exit. You do not go through a real CBSA officer who asks you questions and stamps your passport.

In order to retain some proof, I recommend you retain your boarding passes as proof of return to Canada. To my question, how does CBSA know that I am back to Canada, they said that my arrival was registered at the time my PR was scanned at the machine. Very simplified process.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Godzilla9 said:
Yesterday I was back to Calgary from the US. In the airport they introduced new system: you just scan your PR card at an ATM-type machine and declaration and pretty much continue to baggage section, where someone just looks at your PR card and you take your baggage, leave declaration card and exit. You do not go through a real CBSA office who asks you questions and stamps your passport.

In order to retain some proof, I recommend you retain your boarding passes as proof of return to Canada. To my question, how does CBSA know that I am back to Canada, they said that my arrival was registered at a time my PR was scanned at the machine. Very simplified process.
This is always the process I have used at Vancouver airport. When you scan your PR card, it makes an entry into their database. Your passport is not stamped. Same process can be used by people who hold a canadian passport. You can retain your boarding passes for your future reference if you want.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
thecoolguysam said:
This is always the process I have used at Vancouver airport. When you scan your PR card, it makes an entry into their database. Your passport is not stamped. Same process can be used by people who hold a canadian passport. You can retain your boarding passes for your future reference if you want.
Seems like Vancouver has more advanced technologies in the airport as we got them recently.

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well if you ever needed your travel history for anything, you can just apply to CBSA for your ICES traveller history. This shows your entries to Canada

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Godzilla9 said:
Yesterday I was back to Calgary from the US. In the airport they introduced new system: you just scan your PR card and declaration at an ATM-type machine and pretty much continue to the baggage section, where someone just looks at your PR card and you take your baggage, leave declaration card and exit. You do not go through a real CBSA officer who asks you questions and stamps your passport.

In order to retain some proof, I recommend you retain your boarding passes as proof of return to Canada. To my question, how does CBSA know that I am back to Canada, they said that my arrival was registered at the time my PR was scanned at the machine. Very simplified process.
+1

I saved ALL my boarding passes and ALL my routing information for every flight I made.