+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

#Resume_Citizenship_Tests

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hello All and especially those waiting for their citizenship applications to be processed with no visible light at the end of the tunnel.
We are all tweeting under the hashtag #Resume_Citizenship_Tests
To try and get the hashtag trending and maybe just maybe put some pressure on IRCC to end their chilling on the beach session and go back to work so we won't have to wait for years and years for that citizenship application.
I encourage you all to tweet under this hashtag and you can tag The IRCC @CitImmCanada

Good luck.

aaa1892ca

Aug 10, 2020
Hello All and especially those waiting for their citizenship applications to be processed with no visible light at the end of the tunnel.
We are all tweeting under the hashtag #Resume_Citizenship_Tests
To try and get the hashtag trending and maybe just maybe put some pressure on IRCC to end their chilling on the beach session and go back to work so we won't have to wait for years and years for that citizenship application.
I encourage you all to tweet under this hashtag and you can tag The IRCC @CitImmCanada

Good luck.
Even beach weather is done now, go back to work !!!

lulykibuly

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Cases are again going up and plans for another economy close looks like to happen soon....so not sure test will happen anytime soon...just my 2 cents

Reactions: rahuul.chawla

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Cases are again going up and plans for another economy close looks like to happen soon....so not sure test will happen anytime soon...just my 2 cents
Guys the point behind this thread is to encourage people to tweet under this hashtag. We are not here for discussion and analysis. As long as schools, malls, cinemas, bars, restaurants are open then there is no reason not to resume the citizenship tests.

lulykibuly

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Guys the point behind this thread is to encourage people to tweet under this hashtag. We are not here for discussion and analysis. As long as schools, malls, cinemas, bars, restaurants are open then there is no reason not to resume the citizenship tests.
I have no desire to discourag. My close friend is waiting for test too. All I am trying to present a fact, true current picture of whats going on...

I am no one to take a call on test. Just shared my thoughts.

Reactions: Dana.D

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Point made by lulykibuly is valid that cases are going up but will this mean no more grant of citizenship?
Everything is going virtual. I had done many exams during the COVID and they were all proctored, why can't they make the citizenship test proctored.
If they want to charge us for the proctored exam (usually around $15 per hour), I am in!!!

Reactions: Yasmeenalj

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Point made by lulykibuly is valid that cases are going up but will this mean no more grant of citizenship?
Everything is going virtual. I had done many exams during the COVID and they were all proctored, why can't they make the citizenship test proctored.
If they want to charge us for the proctored exam (usually around $15 per hour), I am in!!!
Because people would then complain about the cost

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
I am nevertheless enthusiastic. If this hasstag gains visibility on twitter and social media (you can use a hasstag on facebook too, for example ... IRCC has an official page), it could be a good basis for the next steps: people for sittings, for example ... (Like what spousal sponsorsin waiting for permanent residence for their spouses already does ... They have also planned another day of simultaneous sittings in front of IRCC CIC offices in several cities, this Saturday.) ...

All that is done is better than passivity.

aaa1892ca

Aug 10, 2020
We need everyone's support here ..
I don't know how to write longggg judgemental emails on government plans...
But I know one thing for sure, it makes difference when people unite
#Resume_Citizenship_Tests

Reactions: Yasmeenalj

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Gradual resumption of in-person services
Ottawa, September 17, 2020 —
At the onset of the pandemic, IRCC moved quickly to put operational safeguards in place to protect the health and safety of our staff and those using our services. Over the past few months, IRCC has taken steps to provide virtual services where possible, but there have still been significant disruptions in our services.
For services that we haven’t been able to provide virtually, we are slowly beginning to reopen in-person services in select offices by appointment only, beginning the week of September 21, 2020.
This testing phase will allow us to assess our protocols and procedures, and ensure the safety of our staff and our clients. The lessons learned will help us plan for reopening services more widely in the future.
Please note that services are currently by appointment only. You do not need to reach out to IRCC offices for these services, as we will be reaching out to clients to schedule appointments.
The limited services being offered as of September 21, 2020, include the following:
Citizenship:
  • Vancouver Expo will be reopening for limited citizenship-related services, including citizenship knowledge re-testing and citizenship hearings, for a select cohort of applicants, to test the flow and viability of client-facing services. IRCC will be scheduling appointments by email.
Permanent residence:
  • IRCC offices in Etobicoke and Montréal are reopening for permanent residence-related services. Clients who require a permanent resident card (PR card) pick up or permanent residence determination (interview to determine the client’s status) will be contacted by email to schedule an appointment.
Asylum:
  • IRCC offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Hamilton, and Niagara Falls are reopening for limited asylum-related services.
  • IRCC will schedule appointments via epost with clients who need to collect or submit documents, provide their biometric information, or come in for an interview.
  • If this pilot goes well, IRCC offices in Vancouver (Hornby), Montréal, and Etobicoke will open in the future to provide these services.
IRCC will contact clients to book appointments based on their file status, location in Canada and other factors. Client selection is largely based on the date of the client’s application.
Only clients with scheduled appointments will be allowed to come into an IRCC office.
Biometrics:

• If you’re a permanent residence applicant in Canada waiting to give your biometrics, you’ll receive a call from Service Canada over the next few months to book a biometrics appointment.
  • If you’re in a region where more people are waiting to give their biometrics, such as the Greater Toronto Area, it may take longer for Service Canada to call you. We know that this is a challenging and frustrating time and we are grateful for your patience. Service Canada will contact you as soon as they can.
This is a limited service. You should not go to a Service Canada Centre unless a Service Canada officer has called you and booked a biometrics appointment for you.
For more information, including what to do if your contact information has changed or an authorized representative applied on your behalf, please visit our website.
Your health and safety remain our priority, and measures are being put in place to ensure the safety of staff and clients at IRCC facilities:
  • Clients will be asked to complete a Health Canada self-assessment questionnaire before coming in for an appointment.
  • Upon arrival, clients will be asked the same questions to determine if they can enter IRCC premises.
  • All employees and clients will be required to wear masks, maintain social distance and follow signs directing the flow of foot traffic.
  • Clients will be asked to reschedule their appointment if they appear ill.
IRCC will continue to follow guidelines and recommendations set by the Public Health Agency of Canada and provincial and local public health authorities. The department will also monitor the offices where in-person services are offered to help us plan for reopening services more widely in the future.

aaa1892ca

Aug 10, 2020
Gradual resumption of in-person services
Ottawa, September 17, 2020 —
At the onset of the pandemic, IRCC moved quickly to put operational safeguards in place to protect the health and safety of our staff and those using our services. Over the past few months, IRCC has taken steps to provide virtual services where possible, but there have still been significant disruptions in our services.
For services that we haven’t been able to provide virtually, we are slowly beginning to reopen in-person services in select offices by appointment only, beginning the week of September 21, 2020.
This testing phase will allow us to assess our protocols and procedures, and ensure the safety of our staff and our clients. The lessons learned will help us plan for reopening services more widely in the future.
Please note that services are currently by appointment only. You do not need to reach out to IRCC offices for these services, as we will be reaching out to clients to schedule appointments.
The limited services being offered as of September 21, 2020, include the following:
Citizenship:
  • Vancouver Expo will be reopening for limited citizenship-related services, including citizenship knowledge re-testing and citizenship hearings, for a select cohort of applicants, to test the flow and viability of client-facing services. IRCC will be scheduling appointments by email.
Permanent residence:
  • IRCC offices in Etobicoke and Montréal are reopening for permanent residence-related services. Clients who require a permanent resident card (PR card) pick up or permanent residence determination (interview to determine the client’s status) will be contacted by email to schedule an appointment.
Asylum:
  • IRCC offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Hamilton, and Niagara Falls are reopening for limited asylum-related services.
  • IRCC will schedule appointments via epost with clients who need to collect or submit documents, provide their biometric information, or come in for an interview.
  • If this pilot goes well, IRCC offices in Vancouver (Hornby), Montréal, and Etobicoke will open in the future to provide these services.
IRCC will contact clients to book appointments based on their file status, location in Canada and other factors. Client selection is largely based on the date of the client’s application.
Only clients with scheduled appointments will be allowed to come into an IRCC office.
Biometrics:

• If you’re a permanent residence applicant in Canada waiting to give your biometrics, you’ll receive a call from Service Canada over the next few months to book a biometrics appointment.
  • If you’re in a region where more people are waiting to give their biometrics, such as the Greater Toronto Area, it may take longer for Service Canada to call you. We know that this is a challenging and frustrating time and we are grateful for your patience. Service Canada will contact you as soon as they can.
This is a limited service. You should not go to a Service Canada Centre unless a Service Canada officer has called you and booked a biometrics appointment for you.
For more information, including what to do if your contact information has changed or an authorized representative applied on your behalf, please visit our website.
Your health and safety remain our priority, and measures are being put in place to ensure the safety of staff and clients at IRCC facilities:
  • Clients will be asked to complete a Health Canada self-assessment questionnaire before coming in for an appointment.
  • Upon arrival, clients will be asked the same questions to determine if they can enter IRCC premises.
  • All employees and clients will be required to wear masks, maintain social distance and follow signs directing the flow of foot traffic.
  • Clients will be asked to reschedule their appointment if they appear ill.
IRCC will continue to follow guidelines and recommendations set by the Public Health Agency of Canada and provincial and local public health authorities. The department will also monitor the offices where in-person services are offered to help us plan for reopening services more widely in the future.
Great news ! But not the end !