+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Resubmit application on paper?

Leena_m

Aug 4, 2017
I made the colossal mistake of applying for my citizenship online in April of this year using the online tool. And ever since, my application has not progressed at all. I haven’t even received an AOR at this point. I’m considering reapplying on paper this time which would mean that I’ve already lost 8 months in this process and I’d have to forfeit the processing fee but it may be quicker on paper? I’m in Toronto so I’ll be applying from here.
Any advice?

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I made the colossal mistake of applying for my citizenship online in April of this year using the online tool. And ever since, my application has not progressed at all. I haven’t even received an AOR at this point. I’m considering reapplying on paper this time which would mean that I’ve already lost 8 months in this process and I’d have to forfeit the processing fee but it may be quicker on paper? I’m in Toronto so I’ll be applying from here.
Any advice?
Are you sure, you did not receive your AOR as online applicants get AOR within weeks? Did you check your spam folder? Not receiving AOR for 8 months is really weird. Did you try contacting IRCC to find the application number in case you lost your AOR email. With your application number and UCI, you can track your application status. As you have not received AOR means IRCC haven't started working on your application so you will be eligible for full refund.

April Online applicants have started seeing progress this month, so I feel you should put more effort in tracking your old application to salvage the 8 months already gone.

Paper application from Toronto appears to be quicker, so you always have that way if nothing works.

Reactions: A_S and Acorn450

elbob

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013
Any advice?
If it was me, I would first get access to tracker and there you will see for sure if you got AOR or not.

If not AOR, I would then call IRCC.

Don't make emotional decisions. You might loose more time and money.

Reactions: Acorn450

Leena_m

Aug 4, 2017
Are you sure, you did not receive your AOR as online applicants get AOR within weeks? Did you check your spam folder? Not receiving AOR for 8 months is really weird. Did you try contacting IRCC to find the application number in case you lost your AOR email. With your application number and UCI, you can track your application status. As you have not received AOR means IRCC haven't started working on your application so you will be eligible for full refund.

April Online applicants have started seeing progress this month, so I feel you should put more effort in tracking your old application to salvage the 8 months already gone.

Paper application from Toronto appears to be quicker, so you always have that way if nothing works.
Okay now I’m confused. I did receive an email with a UCI number but when I checked the system it says something on the lines of we’ve sent you an email but that’s not an AOR. What’s even more confusing is that now there are two systems — one was the original one I applied on and now they’ve migrated to a new system. According to the old one I haven’t received an AOR. I’m trying to create an account in the new system and it’s down.

Leena_m

Aug 4, 2017
If it was me, I would first get access to tracker and there you will see for sure if you got AOR or not.

If not AOR, I would then call IRCC.

Don't make emotional decisions. You might loose more time and money.
You’re right! I’m now trying to create an account in the new system; They’ve recently migrated to a new system. The problem with IRCC is that, unless the call is for an emergency, you won’t be connected to a contact center person. The chat option is not useful either.

Reactions: elbob

Leena_m

Aug 4, 2017
Thank you all for your responses! I finally gained access to the system and I’m scheduled for the citizenship test :)
The weirdest thing is that I haven’t received an invite letter/email yet but considering I received the AOR (or whatever it’s called for people who sign up through the online system) and the AOR has most of the details maybe I don’t need it? I guess I just need to start the digital exam whenever I’m ready?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Okay now I’m confused. I did receive an email with a UCI number but when I checked the system it says something on the lines of we’ve sent you an email but that’s not an AOR. What’s even more confusing is that now there are two systems — one was the original one I applied on and now they’ve migrated to a new system. According to the old one I haven’t received an AOR. I’m trying to create an account in the new system and it’s down.
Are you using this to check the status? - https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

For getting connected to IRCC try this(found in this forum) -

Call 1 888 242 2100
Dial 1
Your UCI then #
Press 1, 1, 1, 4 in quick succession, each time waiting to be taken to the next prompt
Now listen a bit. When prompted,
Press 1, 1 in quick succession, again till you are taken to the next prompt.
You will hear - High number of callers or you are in queue. If former, follow above steps. Else, you should be able to speak.

Reactions: Leena_m