+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restore worker status

aaawiki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
the reason I am asking it will not affect my sinp/PR? last thing I want is to lose my sinp
I really do not know, did you employer fired you? Or did he still support your with this whole thing?

I am sorry that i can not answer that question, i do not know the answer. ;(

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
well, they still are in the process of getting this LMIA for me. so far quite supportive. will see how supportive they truly are when I might need to wait for another 3 months or so.

aaawiki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
well, they still are in the process of getting this LMIA for me. so far quite supportive. will see how supportive they truly are when I might need to wait for another 3 months or so.
When did your work permit expired? You need to apply restoration in 90 days period.

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
that's the problem. it expired on November 27. wasn't it for that long processing time I still coulda had some leeway - I mean to reapply. now I got to restore my WP with no implied status. an expensive mistake, indeed.

Gofilipe

Feb 18, 2015
Same boat here, got my BOWP and wife's refused because the OINP certificate wasn't attached, when I answered the questionnaire it wasn't even in the document list and I honestly thought it wasn't necessary as my Ontario nomination was done online and wasn't requested to attach it to my PR application.

You can apply to restore with a CLOSED work permit if your employer file the job offer on the IRCC online portal, forward you the number and pay the fee. If your nomination was employer specific you likely have that number already.

You can also register a CSE to ask for a reconsideration of your refusal. But don't hold your breath with a positive outcome.

Also contact your local MP to see if they have immigration casework officers, they can be of help in regards to working while waiting for restoration, although I don't know exactly how.

I decided not to restore worker status and just wait because I know my PR is already approved, despite not having received any emails with PPRs or COPR local interview.

Good luck in getting out of this immigration limbo, it's terrible, stay strong.

aaawiki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
Same boat here, got my BOWP and wife's refused because the OINP certificate wasn't attached, when I answered the questionnaire it wasn't even in the document list and I honestly thought it wasn't necessary as my Ontario nomination was done online and wasn't requested to attach it to my PR application.

You can apply to restore with a CLOSED work permit if your employer file the job offer on the IRCC online portal, forward you the number and pay the fee. If your nomination was employer specific you likely have that number already.

You can also register a CSE to ask for a reconsideration of your refusal. But don't hold your breath with a positive outcome.

Also contact your local MP to see if they have immigration casework officers, they can be of help in regards to working while waiting for restoration, although I don't know exactly how.

I decided not to restore worker status and just wait because I know my PR is already approved, despite not having received any emails with PPRs or COPR local interview.

Good luck in getting out of this immigration limbo, it's terrible, stay strong.
But in the application, there is no such option as closed work permit. There is an option for LMIA exemption work permit.

My employer paid compliance fee under code T13.

I guess that is closed work permit?

Jan 5, 2019
I am on same boat. Applied PR thru PNP. Bowp refused because didn't attached pnp certificate. I have 90 days to submit restore. Now my employer has submitted emplyment support letter application. Anybody know if I can goto boarder flagpole to extend my closed work permit after employment support letter approval thru pnp?

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
I am on same boat. Applied PR thru PNP. Bowp refused because didn't attached pnp certificate. I have 90 days to submit restore. Now my employer has submitted emplyment support letter application. Anybody know if I can goto boarder flagpole to extend my closed work permit after employment support letter approval thru pnp?
Worked in my case. However I am from Poland which is a visa exempt country so in worst case scenario I was able to stay in Canada for another 6 months

Jan 5, 2019
Does Employer need to pay employers compliance fees before we send request for work permit support letter? Our consultant submitted post nomination application for work permit support. But i am not sure if employer has paid the fees yet.

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
Does Employer need to pay employers compliance fees before we send request for work permit support letter? Our consultant submitted post nomination application for work permit support. But i am not sure if employer has paid the fees yet.
LMIA must be paid. Otherwise yer application will be immediately refused