+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of study permit and PGWP.Please read this before applying

Karamjeet chahal

Nov 19, 2018
Hi,

I can finally tell my story now:

My study permit was expired on August 03,2019 And I received my completion letter from the university on August 05,2019 hence because of being two days late I lost my status and I couldn’t apply online or do the flagpole..

Here started my journey of figuring out the right process of restoring the status and applying for PGWP ..spoke with many cic agents / former applicants and immigration help associations and came to a conclusion that I would apply for restoration as a worker + PGWP and hence paid $455 in total which includes $200 for restoration + $155 work permit + $100 open work permit..

Everything was good except for that the processing time for restoration is unknown and after 3 months were passed I contacted cic almost every week with no insight on my file and the only answer was to wait .. Reached out to the Edmonton office MP and Montreal office MP Who helped in querying the IRCC about my file as well..

Finally on Monday, IRCC said that I applied incorrectly and should have requested for restoring of status as student as I can’t restore as a worker because I never had that status..this situation left me helpless as I would be finishing my 180 days on February 01 but luckily they didn’t reject the application and on Tuesday they requested me to apply for study permit extension along with another payment of $150.. Paid that and was having my fingers crossed.

I have been without status for over 5 months ...without health insurance..without being able to work or leave the country ... but today they sent email saying both the applications have been approved and will be mailed to me.. so now just waiting for my PGWP to arrive in post...

Any questions please don’t hesitates to reach out to me and Good luck everyone..:)
Hi, please help me actually my sp was expiring with the same date of my study completion and I applied for sp extension 2 mnth before my sp expiring and it was taking long so my consultant applied my pgwp with restoration status and after that I got sp extension and its valid until march 30th 2020, Can I work after march 30th bcz I will get wp at the end of april. My consultant said you can work full time? But I am confused