+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of study permit and PGWP.Please read this before applying

Beauty$$$

Feb 21, 2020
What they ask you for not to be approval??
They say I am not in any school program. But I already wrote on my letter that I already graduated. I do not think they read my letter. I did exactly what other students did.
I applied for restoration and PGWP at the same time.

JASPRET

Jan 23, 2020
so any other instruction said you do for next??

is he said we also refuse your PGWP application due to you don't have any status now?

Beauty$$$

Feb 21, 2020
so any other instruction said you do for next??

is he said we also refuse your PGWP application due to you don't have any status now?
No instructions, now I am still waiting for PGWP. I do not understand. Some say you do not need a valid study permit for PGWP.
My case is very different. Do you know the fastest way to contact the PGWP officer ?

JASPRET

Jan 23, 2020
They say I am not in any school program. But I already wrote on my letter that I already graduated. I do not think they read my letter. I did exactly what other students did.
I applied for restoration and PGWP at the same time.
There are some other things also matters

the reason of rejection on restoration is also a

Restoration

• 182 (1) On application made by a visitor, worker or student within 90 days after losing temporary resident status as a result of failing to comply with a condition imposed under paragraph 185(a), any of subparagraphs 185(b)(i) to (iii) or paragraph 185(c), an officer shall restore that status if, following an examination, it is established that the visitor, worker or student meets the initial requirements for their stay, has not failed to comply with any other conditions imposed and is not the subject of a declaration made under subsection 22.1(1) of the Act.
  • Marginal note: Exception
    (2) Despite subsection (1), an officer shall not restore the status of a student who is not in compliance with a condition set out in subsection 220.1(1).
they did not restore your status if they find something wrong with your study example, not actively pursuing ( any part-time study or takes a long time to complete)

Conditions — study permit holder

• 220.1 (1) The holder of a study permit in Canada is subject to the following conditions:
    • (a) they shall enroll at a designated learning institution and remain enrolled at a designated learning institution until they complete their studies; and
    • (b) they shall actively pursue their course or program of study.
did you have something wrong like this with your study timeline? Recently my yfriend got rejection on restoration and officer clearly said you are not be a fulltime in 2 semesters.

Beauty$$$

Feb 21, 2020

Restoration

• 182 (1) On application made by a visitor, worker or student within 90 days after losing temporary resident status as a result of failing to comply with a condition imposed under paragraph 185(a), any of subparagraphs 185(b)(i) to (iii) or paragraph 185(c), an officer shall restore that status if, following an examination, it is established that the visitor, worker or student meets the initial requirements for their stay, has not failed to comply with any other conditions imposed and is not the subject of a declaration made under subsection 22.1(1) of the Act.
    (2) Despite subsection (1), an officer shall not restore the status of a student who is not in compliance with a condition set out in subsection 220.1(1).
they did not restore your status if they find something wrong with your study example, not actively pursuing ( any part-time study or takes a long time to complete)

• 220.1(1) The holder of a study permit in Canada is subject to the following conditions:
    • (a) they shall enroll at a designated learning institution and remain enrolled at a designated learning institution until they complete their studies; and
did you have something wrong like this with your study timeline? Recently my yfriend got rejection on restoration and officer clearly said you are not be a fulltime in 2 semesters.
No, I graduated from university with good CGPA. They say they cannot approve me because I cannot provide them with a letter from university outlining my study program, start date and the expected completion date, whether the program is full-time or part-time studies.
I do not understand. I already graduated, and I did provide them with my transcript, degree and proof of my studies.
Thank you.

Beauty$$$

Feb 21, 2020

Restoration

• 220.1(1) The holder of a study permit in Canada is subject to the following conditions:
Hi, Can you give me more details about your friend's case?
After the rejection of the study restoration, how did your friend get PGWP approved?
Thank you. Please share.

JASPRET

Jan 23, 2020
Hi, Can you give me more details about your friend's case?
After the rejection of the study restoration, how did your friend get PGWP approved?
Thank you. Please share.
Unfortunately not. She didn't get it approved and leave canada. She also go above from 180 days of work permit timeline due to all this process.

VeenuInternational

Sep 18, 2017
No, I graduated from university with good CGPA. They say they cannot approve me because I cannot provide them with a letter from university outlining my study program, start date and the expected completion date, whether the program is full-time or part-time studies.
I do not understand. I already graduated, and I did provide them with my transcript, degree and proof of my studies.
Thank you.
I am in a same situation, how did you apply for study permit extension and PGWP at the same time online. Or did you apply on paper

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Sir how to apply for both the application at the same time online or should i apply on paper. Online it only give option to either apply for restoration as a student or apply for pgwp but not at same time. What should i do
What people do is put everything else in the extra client info section. You can also apply on paper it might be easier to include a note that cant be missed that way about your intentions.