+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status

Queen-2020

May 3, 2020
Can someone be approved of restoration of status twice on two different occasions?

I applied for restoration before last year because I was refused PGWP and I had to reapply. In which I was given an open work permit.

I applied to restore my status as a worker and I have not heard anything from cic. I am very curious. I already sent a message through the web form because my application has passed normal processing time. I know there is covid-19 but I am just curious. I applied Jan 2020.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You mean your status has expired again for a different reason?
There is no limit to restorations that I have seen. I dont think there is normal processing time for restoration and covid makes things slower.

Queen-2020

May 3, 2020
Thanks for the reply.

Yes for a different reason. I am trying to extend my open work permit through my husband status. And the last restoration I applied for last year was about 90 days to process. Also my baby will be six months old in two weeks time. I know of someone who was refused visa. They held her application till her baby was six months old and she had to leave the country to reapply from outside. Also a friend of mine who applied with me have already been issued. That’s why am just freaking out. Fingers crossed hopefully it’s just covid.