+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of Status - BOWP

mathewredfearn

May 10, 2015
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but any help/ advice anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

My work permit was due to expire on July 15h 2015, I applied for an extension and was on implied status while waiting. My application was refused Oct 30th and I received the latter stating that I no longer have a status in Canada and have to leave immediately or I can apply for restoration of my status within 90 days.

I'm currently trying to get PR and am waiting in the express entry pool to hopefully get selected. While all this was going on I received a nomination onto the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program. I submitted my application for that and should hopefully be approved for the Provincial Nominee Program in the next 2 weeks.

My questions is should I apply now to restore my status as a visitor? or should I wait and see the outcome of the provincial nominee program (which should be in 2 weeks) then apply to restore my status as a worker for a BOWP with my PNP certificate?

Thanks

Mat

status

Jul 8, 2015
I would say wait for PNP and then apply for restoration. u can apply for restoration within 90 days and u still have lot time to apply, so its better to wait for 2 weeks before u apply.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
mathewredfearn said:
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but any help/ advice anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

My work permit was due to expire on July 15h 2015, I applied for an extension and was on implied status while waiting. My application was refused Oct 30th and I received the latter stating that I no longer have a status in Canada and have to leave immediately or I can apply for restoration of my status within 90 days.

I'm currently trying to get PR and am waiting in the express entry pool to hopefully get selected. While all this was going on I received a nomination onto the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program. I submitted my application for that and should hopefully be approved for the Provincial Nominee Program in the next 2 weeks.

My questions is should I apply now to restore my status as a visitor? or should I wait and see the outcome of the provincial nominee program (which should be in 2 weeks) then apply to restore my status as a worker for a BOWP with my PNP certificate?

Thanks

Mat
You are not eligible for BOWP anymore. The one rule to be eligible for BOWP is to have valid work permit which is due to expire in 4 months. You will need to find another way to apply for wp but BOWP is not an option anymore.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
pfse said:
You are not eligible for BOWP anymore. The one rule to be eligible for BOWP is to have valid work permit which is due to expire in 4 months. You will need to find another way to apply for wp but BOWP is not an option anymore.
Agreed. BOWP is not an option since you need to be in posession of a valid work permit at the time you apply for the BOWP. You can't go from restoration to BOWP (you also cannot go from visitor to BOWP unfortunately).

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mathewredfearn said:

Thanks

Mat
Restoration is the best option ...as it will give you time and will maintain your legal status while you wait for PNP because its your responsibility to maintain your status while your app is in process under PNP..i also agree with other members that you are not eligible for BOWP in you need two main things which is: first you are on a WP and it is expriring within four months and second you should have recieved AOR from CIC which you don't have any of them in order to proceed with BOWP. So best go for restoration since you have only 90 days apply asap so that you don't lose your chance on PNP towards PR.
Good luck.... :)