+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Response from the consulate that "Needs further review" for TRV

Mahati

Mar 27, 2015
Hi,

I plan to visit Canada in May (for 9 days) to attend a business conference. I have applied for a TRV at the Visa Application center in Bangalore, India on March 9th. Since it has been 3 weeks until today, I wrote to the consulate regarding the delay. This is what they replied:

"Further review is needed before a decision can be made on your application. I am therefore unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization. I can confirm, however, that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part.

Our office will be in touch with you directly should we need any further information or to advise of the next steps. Until then, we will not be able to provide any further information regarding your application."

These are the proofs I have submitted apart from the application itself:

1) Proof of Employment from my current employer
2) Invitation letter from the conference (This is different from employer. I did some remote work for them)
3) Bank account statements that consolidate to 9000$ CAD
4) ITR for 1 year and Form-16 for another year (Form-16 is a proof in India that I have filed my taxes)

I did not provide them with my travel tickets or hotel booking. However, I have now gotten them book. I'm unsure as to how to interpret the message from consulate. Would the concern be that I did not provide them with my travel tickets?

Any insights would be greatly helpful.

Thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
There's nothing much you can do until the consulate contacts you.

It could be that they are doing a secondary investigation into the documents/evidence you have submitted.... or maybe they need more time to make a decision on your application..... there's no reason to worry if your documents/purpose of visit are genuine and valid

Mahati

Mar 27, 2015
Thanks for the reply Bryanna.

You're right, I can only wait. But I can't think of a reason for the delay and that's a bit worrying.

Do you think the information I have given to them is sufficient? Or was I missing something?

Thank you again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Yup, you just have to wait.... the consulate will contact you if they need information.

The key for visit visas of any country is to show strong ties to the home country..... you cannot submit any new documents at this stage.

'Further review' is normally stated when the visa application goes through secondary investigation..... for example, to check with a bank if someone is a genuine bank account holder..... or maybe to check the employer credentials/credible employer.... or to get information about a previous visit/visa refusal to (say) the US etc.... so one cannot say what's causing the delay in your case

btw Bangalore visa office processing times are taking a bit long these days.

Hopefully you will hear from them in the next week.... do keep in mind Easter holidays as VFS/visa office/courier may not be working

Don't worry. Hope for the best