+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

respond to this email with evidence that you intend to live in a province other than Quebec

YuvarajSR

Aug 1, 2018
Hi,
Today I got an email from CIC asking me "respond to this email with evidence that you intend to live in a province other than Quebec".

Currently I am staying in India and I don't have any proof or offer letter in Canada to prove. I worked in Montreal for a year 2016 - 2017 on C12 WP.
I need to submit this proof in 7 days.
Please help if you have any information.

Thanks & Regards,
YuvarajSR

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,
Today I got an email from CIC asking me "respond to this email with evidence that you intend to live in a province other than Quebec".

Currently I am staying in India and I don't have any proof or offer letter in Canada to prove. I worked in Montreal for a year 2016 - 2017 on C12 WP.

Thanks & Regards,
YuvarajSR
The only counter to this is to supply evidence that you are looking for employment, housing, schools elsewhere. Do you have friends or family members that live in Canada that you are intending to settle near to?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
This seems like a strange request from CIC - I figure you don't have anyplace specific in mind, so there's nothing to show to them. Pretty logical, since who starts finding employment or a place to live before they're even admitted to the country?

Essentially, they're asking - show proof to us you won't break the immigration rules. Which is a weird assumption to start off with. Is there any missing information about this? Do you have family living there?

Honestly, I would just send an LOE, stating that you have worked in Canada before and acted accordingly to the immigration rules. That you have no familial or professional ties with Quebec, and that you intend to migrate to a different province.

YuvarajSR

Aug 1, 2018
Hi Zardoz,
I'm looking for that option. I will check with my friends that they can help me with any reference. Will that be fine if I provide a contact out side Quebec stating that I'm gonna stay with them till I find the job which is out of Quebec? And if they second it?

Thanks and Regards,
YuvarajSR

YuvarajSR

Aug 1, 2018
This seems like a strange request from CIC - I figure you don't have anyplace specific in mind, so there's nothing to show to them. Pretty logical, since who starts finding employment or a place to live before they're even admitted to the country?

Essentially, they're asking - show proof to us you won't break the immigration rules. Which is a weird assumption to start off with. Is there any missing information about this? Do you have family living there?

Honestly, I would just send an LOE, stating that you have worked in Canada before and acted accordingly to the immigration rules. That you have no familial or professional ties with Quebec, and that you intend to migrate to a different province.
Hi Vitesze,
I don't have any family members in Quebec or other parts of Canada. But I have few friends who lives in BC or ON. If I give their reference and state I will stay with them till I find a job in that locality, will it be fine?
That's actually is my real plan too.

As I worked in Montreal for an year, and I work for the same employer in India, they might have assumed that I will work for the same employer whose branch is available in Montreal after reaching Canada.

Thanks,
YuvarajSR

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Zardoz,
I'm looking for that option. I will check with my friends that they can help me with any reference. Will that be fine if I provide a contact out side Quebec stating that I'm gonna stay with them till I find the job which is out of Quebec? And if they second it?

Thanks and Regards,
YuvarajSR
That's a good start. The reason that they are asking for evidence is that you had past links to Québec and they are covering the possibility that you might be just trying to avoid the CSQ requirements.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hi Vitesze,
I don't have any family members in Quebec or other parts of Canada. But I have few friends who lives in BC or ON. If I give their reference and state I will stay with them till I find a job in that locality, will it be fine?
That's actually is my real plan too.

As I worked in Montreal for an year, and I work for the same employer in India, they might have assumed that I will work for the same employer whose branch is available in Montreal after reaching Canada.

Thanks,
YuvarajSR
That makes sense. Especially since your work permit previously was for intra-company purposes, I don't blame them for being worried that you misunderstood the immigration rules, and intend to continue working for your employer in Quebec.

I would explain that you understand you're not eligible to work in Quebec, and that you plan to no longer work for your employer once you're in Canada. Explain to them clearly what your plan is (to move to BC, where friends live) and that you want to find employment there. A friend's reference letter would actually be very helpful for this. You can also specify the reasons for wanting to quit your employment - it's a bit odd when somehow has ties in Canada and does not want to be employed somewhere, as most immigrants face the opposite problem.

Uday S

Nov 13, 2021
Hi,

Thanks & Regards,
YuvarajSR
Hi Yuvaraj,
I know this old thread but I am trying to find answers, I got the same mail as you did. Want to understand how did you responded to that query and how did it went. In my situation I am currently in Montreal and willing to move to my companies other locations outside of QC. But I don't know how or where to respond as there is no email address provided and in my application I do not see an option to upload my response.
Thanks in advance for you time,
Uday S