+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency Obligation Appeal....Long Post

bluejay1

Jan 20, 2011
Hi,
I have been outside of Canada for 5 years. I applied for a holiday visa to sort things out and they told me I had to apply for residency again. I have been denied and have to appeal. Should I get professional help? This is as brief as I can make it.

Moved to Canada in 91. From 96-2001 spent time in the UK and Canada due to my father and father in law both being ill. When I settled back in Canada in 2001, had to go through getting my status returned, which was in 2002 based on compassionate grounds.
In 2006, my wife returned to the UK (British born) after we split, I followed several months later to try to reconcile and have been here since. This is due to the fact my wife has health problems, I have 3 children that I did not want to be parted from and have had health problems myself the last 2 years, having various tests with still no clear results, still waiting for biopsy results.
I applied for my residency again stating my family is in Canada, my children (Canadian born), wish to return, so I need to set up home and that as my presence was needed to take care of my children that I felt that should be taken into consideration in regards to the accompanying a Canadian citizen rule.
So have been denied the temporary resident visa. Funny thing about the letter, on the back it states all kinds of reasons for the denial with boxes next to it and none of them are checked, so does that mean all of the reasons?
Have been informed I do not meet the requirements of the residency obligation and have been sent a notice of appeal form.

Anyone have any info on this, can't really afford a lawyer. Thank you

bluejay1

Jan 20, 2011
I do not have a Canadian passport. I need a visa to enter the country, otherwise, I could have slid in the back door lol. I applied for the temp because I wanted to sort this out from Canada and due to the fact my wife is due surgery and I needed to return to take care of the kids.
I get the feeling they think I would not have left and this is why they denied me, but no actual reason is checked on the back of the letter, just empty boxes, although the letter states I do not fulfill the residency obligations. I have no family in my country of origin, all of my family is in Canada and once my children return to Canada, I will have no ties really with the UK as my wife and I are no longer together.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bluejay1 said:
I get the feeling they think I would not have left and this is why they denied me, but no actual reason is checked on the back of the letter, just empty boxes, although the letter states I do not fulfill the residency obligations. I have no family in my country of origin, all of my family is in Canada and once my children return to Canada, I will have no ties really with the UK as my wife and I are no longer together.
Clearly you state that you have limited ties to your home land, or the UK, only ties to Canada - It seems like they understood this, because they did not believe you would leave Canada.

Yes, you should get professional help.

bluejay1

Jan 20, 2011
Although I clearly stated I would be returning as my wife requires surgery. I was not even granted a temp with limitations, such as a reporting date when leaving for example. I know they do this kind of thing. I am in the UK and not in a city. Where would I even start searching for a professional? I google and come up with either British immigration here, or Canadian located there. I have limited time to appeal, so need to find out some facts as soon as possible. Thank you