+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Guys,
For the passport copies in RQ, it is for the main applicant who received the RQ. Since in the travel section, it is asked that "if you travel with family of not", so do I need to submit the passport copies for family or not if I travel with the family.???

I applied as family application together...

Thanks for the help...

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody here have the latest version of the RQ form? (07/2014).
Also has anybody got the RQ form after the test? How long did it take for them to process the form?

I just recieved my RQ form after passing my citizenship test. I have been waiting for two years now, and I'm kinda upset that I have to deal with RQ now.

Please share your experience with me.

Thanks in advance,

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenium said:
Does anybody here have the latest version of the RQ form? (07/2014).
Also has anybody got the RQ form after the test? How long did it take for them to process the form?

I just recieved my RQ form after passing my citizenship test. I have been waiting for two years now, and I'm kinda upset that I have to deal with RQ now.

Please share your experience with me.

Thanks in advance,
Download it from here:
http://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/cit-0171-10-2013.pdf

I received my RQ last month and it was 10-2013, so i think this is the latest.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
londonOntario said:
Download it from here:
http://residencequestionnaire.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/cit-0171-10-2013.pdf

I received my RQ last month and it was 10-2013, so i think this is the latest.
it's not the latest. I have a copy of 07-2014 that I need to upload to the RQ site. I'll post when it's up.

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Hi eileenf,

Do you see any changes or improvements in the latest RQ processing times for old or new applicants? since you are helping people since so long so want to get your view on the current timelines. are they improved who got the pre or post test RQ. Your input is appreciated.

Thanks.

winterjet

Jan 15, 2015
Hello everyone,

here is my timeline. I became a pr Jan 2011 and applied citizenship Mar 2013.
Mar 2014, I took and passed my citizenship test....But I miscalculated the date and was 2 or 3 days short from the 1095 days (maybe 2 trips to USA).
yesterday, Jan 14th 2015. I received RQ and was requested with supporting document.

I am actually pretty confident about my tie to Canada. I married a Canada born Canadian Nov 2011 and gave birth to one daughter Sep 2012 and another daughter Dec 2013 who are also Canadian. we have a mortgage on a house in Vancouver. I have T4 and NOA on for the "relevant years (2009-2013)" requested by CIC. I doubt anyone would know but wondering if this would make things easier and faster for the officer to make a decision.

I gathered and sent most document I have such as passport pages, tax doc, marriage license, children's birth certificates and their vaccine record...but I don't have a lease agreement from the previous basement suite I rent, so I just included my college transcript which has my old address on it, not sure if it is good enough. also, for the bank/credit card statement, i could only trace statements from 18 months before today but they won't fall under the relevant period, so I didn't send any, don't know if that's another concern.

I was hoping I don't have to renew m PR card but with the 6-12 months wait after RQ is submitted, I would probably need to unless there is a miracle.hoping to hear some good news from other applicants who received RQ.
I gathered and sent most document I have such as passport pages, tax doc, marriage license, children's birth certificates and their vaccine record...but I don't have a lease agreementrom the previous basement suite I rent, so I just included my college transcript which has my old address on it, not sure if it is good enough. also, for the bank/credit card statement, i could only trace statements from 18 months before today but they won't fall under the relevant period, so I didn't send any, don't know if that's another concern.

I was hoping I don't have to renew m PR card but with the 6-12 months wait after RQ is submitted, I would probably need to unless there is a miracle.hoping to hear some good news from other applicants who received RQ.

chau01

Star Member
May 29, 2006
Hi

I had test yesterday Jan 14th. Passed but got RQ. since i was missing one passport, which i found when i searched again last night. :(

Question: How to fill RQ Form

in the RQ form, it says "address(city/country)" for questions 7 and 9
does this mean I only need to enter the city and country, not the street number and apartment numbers?

please advsie.

Thanks

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you need to put The addre plus The city and the country ,to be safe write down the whole address
chau01 said:
Hi

I had test yesterday Jan 14th. Passed but got RQ. since i was missing one passport, which i found when i searched again last night. :(

Question: How to fill RQ Form

in the RQ form, it says "address(city/country)" for questions 7 and 9
does this mean I only need to enter the city and country, not the street number and apartment numbers?

please advsie.

Thanks

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winterjet said:
Hello everyone,

here is my timeline. I became a pr Jan 2011 and applied citizenship Mar 2013.
Mar 2014, I took and passed my citizenship test....But I miscalculated the date and was 2 or 3 days short from the 1095 days (maybe 2 trips to USA).
yesterday, Jan 14th 2015. I received RQ and was requested with supporting document.

I am actually pretty confident about my tie to Canada. I married a Canada born Canadian Nov 2011 and gave birth to one daughter Sep 2012 and another daughter Dec 2013 who are also Canadian. we have a mortgage on a house in Vancouver. I have T4 and NOA on for the "relevant years (2009-2013)" requested by CIC. I doubt anyone would know but wondering if this would make things easier and faster for the officer to make a decision.

I gathered and sent most document I have such as passport pages, tax doc, marriage license, children's birth certificates and their vaccine record...but I don't have a lease agreement from the previous basement suite I rent, so I just included my college transcript which has my old address on it, not sure if it is good enough. also, for the bank/credit card statement, i could only trace statements from 18 months before today but they won't fall under the relevant period, so I didn't send any, don't know if that's another concern.

I gathered and sent most document I have such as passport pages, tax doc, marriage license, children's birth certificates and their vaccine record...but I don't have a lease agreementrom the previous basement suite I rent, so I just included my college transcript which has my old address on it, not sure if it is good enough. also, for the bank/credit card statement, i could only trace statements from 18 months before today but they won't fall under the relevant period, so I didn't send any, don't know if that's another concern.

If you are sure it's 2-3 days short, then withdraw and apply again.

You would need to send bank statements. contact your bank for them. I got my chequing account statements for free and for credit card, they charge $10 for 6 months.

you need to apply for PR card only if u plan to travel outside canada, else it's not required.

winterjet

Jan 15, 2015
hmm... since i am already asked for RQ, I might as well see what happens. if i withdraw and reapply, I have to pay application fee again and who knows I am not going to get another RQ. you are lucky that your credit card statement is only $10 for 6 months, I asked mine it's $6 per month, and bank statement is $3 per months, so 48 months will be really very expensive.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009