+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Hey guys,

For my RQ I am right now getting the required translations. Do I have to send the originals to CIC or photocopies?
Same issue with almost all my documents: Do I send them originals or photocopies?

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
citizenhopeful said:
We finally got the invitation to the citizenship ceremony. Here's our timeline. Hopefully it helps those we are going through what we went through:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 22, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 22, 2011

We started processing your application on July 4, 2012.

We sent you a notice on March 3, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 2, 2014

We sent you a notice on June 12, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 23, 2014
Two years between IP and test with no RQ? wow

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Hi guys,
Do i need to submit the foreign lease agreement if within the relevant period some duration was outside Canada? we came in june 2010 become PR and the went back. Came again in April 2011 to live permanently.

If yes, i am afraid i may not have the foreign lease agreements.... will this be of any problem???

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
skhan123 said:
Hi guys,
Do i need to submit the foreign lease agreement if within the relevant period some duration was outside Canada? we came in june 2010 become PR and the went back. Came again in April 2011 to live permanently.

If yes, i am afraid i may not have the foreign lease agreements.... will this be of any problem???
I guess the purpose of RQ is provide documents that you were living in Canada and not otherwise. I am also preparing to respond to RQ and I am not trying to prove that I was staying away from Canada. I will leave the experts to chime in.
:eek:

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
;D good gesture.
yep just prove your ties with canada.

sapguru said:
I guess the purpose of RQ is provide documents that you were living in Canada and not otherwise. I am also preparing to respond to RQ and I am not trying to prove that I was staying away from Canada. I will leave the experts to chime in.
:eek:

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Recommended method is to send by post. It costs a lot but its the best way. Go to the closed postoffice to the destination location. 8)

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
I have one question for RQ Documents....

RQ is issued on my name. I am submitting all the required documents described there. Should I also submit documents (e.g. CC and bank statements etc.) for my wife too? or is it un-necessary? She is not working and did not work for the relevant period and is homemaker...

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skhan123, if the RQ was for you, your wife does not need to send all her documents as well. The only exception would be if there are certain bills (like hydro) or leases that are in her name and not yours. In that case, I would recommend including a copy of your marriage certificate and the documents. Also mention in the cover letter that you live together if including residential documents in her name.

The RQ does not ask for the documents of the spouse, so don't provide them unless you've got a really specific reason or need to do so.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skhan123 said:
I have one question for RQ Documents....

RQ is issued on my name. I am submitting all the required documents described there. Should I also submit documents (e.g. CC and bank statements etc.) for my wife too? or is it un-necessary? She is not working and did not work for the relevant period and is homemaker...
if the RQ is for you, no need to submit your wife papers, CIC will send another letter for your wife. When you applied as family both of you will get the RQ (i hope not) coz it happens to me, my husband received his RQ then after a month I received mine

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
ohhhhhhhh... 2 RQs....not so good...:((

I thought they send only one for whole family coz they ask questions and documents for whole family....
BTW...whats your timeline? Did you already submit the RQs? test/oath?

regards.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skhan123 said:
ohhhhhhhh... 2 RQs....not so good...:((

I thought they send only one for whole family coz they ask questions and documents for whole family....
BTW...whats your timeline? Did you already submit the RQs? test/oath?

regards.
yes unfortunately they will send individually hehehe

well for me it took 10 mos and 16 days from application to oath taking , we also get the RQ but the application is pretty fast

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skhan123 said:
so your husband's is still in process?
which month you applied in 2013 or 2014?
nope we applied as a family so we both did our oath together, we applied Nov 2013 and we got the oath oct 3