Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
toto999 said:
Hi saint4peace,
2- before coming to Canada, did you ever work outside your home country, or left your country for a long time?
Hi toto999: NO. I never ever worked outside my country of origin before/after coming to Canada. I came to Canada as a student and became immigrant on Skilled Category. Should be very simple. Thanks for your time.

HuronBird

Jan 8, 2013
The total months of for my waiting SO FAR and still counting since my application received NovaScotia for citizenship is about 27 months.

Canadian2007

Nov 20, 2012
toto999

I dont know where you have found the statistics about 90%.... let me tell you, the requirement for Canadian citizenship according to the act is to live in canada for 1095 days within the past 4 years before you apply. So I dont understand why the work history of someone prior to that 4 years has any bearing on the Canadian citizenship application. Furthermore....I am also confused about the "self coonfidence" statement. What do you mean by that?? is that a job interview?? What about people like me who got RQd before the test??

Mary Chad,

Please update us after your meeting with the Liberal MP's. What are they saying? Thanks

toto999

Jan 4, 2013
Hi Canadian2007,

unfortunately a lot of immigrants come to Canada for landing and then if they can't find a job they leave Canada to work out side and come back after 3 years, and as you know Canada don't stamp the passport in there way out and just do when they come in and when they ask them for how long did they leave Canada they say 2 weeks or so. the CIC now they are aware of all of these lies so they need to make sure that they stayed in Canada. one more thing the father/husband leave their families in Canada and they leave and let their wife's to use their Credit cards and do some stuff under their husband's name just to show that he was living in Canada in the past 3 years. so this cause headache to all others who stays in Canada but they have work visas in other countries and they don't use it while they are in Canada. so all of those people who has such visas they will receive RQ. and it will take long time verify the information they provided.

one more thing, some immigrants unfortunately they issue more than one passport from they home country to use it for traveling and they can hide it later on.

regarding the percentage i got it verbally from someone work in this field, and we were just chatting about these issues and new rules.

i don't know how these people doing such thing. if they don't like to stay in Canada so why they apply for citizenship and cause problems for other immigrants.

saint4peace

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Taiwan
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2012
AOR Received.
July 14, 2012
File Transfer...
August 29, 2012
Passport Req..
November 20, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 30, 2013
LANDED..........
February 12, 2014
toto999 said:
Hi Canadian2007,
unfortunately a lot of immigrants come to Canada for landing and then if they can't find a job they leave Canada to work out side and come back after 3 years, and as you know Canada don't stamp the passport in there way out and just do when they come in and when they ask them for how long did they leave Canada they say 2 weeks or so. the CIC now they are aware of all of these lies so they need to make sure that they stayed in Canada. one more thing the father/husband leave their families in Canada and they leave and let their wife's to use their Credit cards and do some stuff under their husband's name just to show that he was living in Canada in the past 3 years. so this cause headache to all others who stays in Canada but they have work visas in other countries and they don't use it while they are in Canada. so all of those people who has such visas they will receive RQ. and it will take long time verify the information they provided.
one more thing, some immigrants unfortunately they issue more than one passport from they home country to use it for traveling and they can hide it later on.
regarding the percentage i got it verbally from someone work in this field, and we were just chatting about these issues and new rules.
i don't know how these people doing such thing. if they don't like to stay in Canada so why they apply for citizenship and cause problems for other immigrants.

toto999: I completely agree with you. However, why doesn't CIC give RQ to all applicants?? Why they randomly pick some of us?? Many of us never left Canada for other purpose or for long. What makes CIC to determine and pick someone for RQ ?? Please shed some lights of your knowledge about RQ......Thanks in advance. *******************

miltonian

Oct 24, 2012
@Mary Chad
You have to submit bank statements for the period which you have mentioned in your application. 3 years out of 4. If you have mentioned from 2007-2011 and your residence calculator shows your absence in 2007 and you started your presence from Feb 2008 and completed 1095 days at the time of submission, you can provide from Feb 2008 onward.If there is no transaction before Feb 2008 and matched with your absence from Canada,you are Ok.

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toto999 : your subject interested but missing to inform the other reader that most of these people who do the scum you

mention from

1-Palestine
2-Lebanon
3-Pakistan
4-India

so if you get RQ and these countries your background dont be surprise

Goli58

Jan 3, 2013
gamasa said:
toto999 : your subject interested but missing to inform the other reader that most of these people who do the scum you

mention from

1-Palestine
2-Lebanon
3-Pakistan
4-India

Add [size=10pt]Iran[/size] too

checkmate

Oct 25, 2012
gamasa said:

mention from

1-Palestine
2-Lebanon
3-Pakistan
4-India

I am sorry but I am not getting you, can you please explain?

toto999

Jan 4, 2013
Hi all,

i thought to share with you the below information. especially for those who got the RQ before the test so they filled the application with incorrect information or uncompleted questions, and others who didn't show up for the test.

New procedures – Effective immediately

RQ not provided when requested by the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S)

Effective immediately, citizenship applications under subsection A5(1) can be registered as abandoned if the applicant has not responded to procedural requests to provide additional information to support their residence in Canada.

Since May 7, 2012, the CPC-S has been issuing the RQ directly to some applicants (local offices continue to issue RQs as well). Applicants are required to return their completed RQ with supporting documents to the local office responsible for processing their application.

Under R11, applicants are asked through a first notice that is sent to their latest known address to submit an RQ and supporting documents to establish residence. Applicants are given 45 business days to provide the completed RQ and supporting documents. Once the 45 business day deadline has elapsed, a one-week grace period may be given to the applicant to provide the RQ and supporting documents. After the grace period, the local office is to issue a final notice to the applicant by registered mail (or equivalent). The final notice will give the applicant an additional 30 business days to provide the RQ and supporting documents. If the applicant does not comply with CIC’s request after the 30 business days in the final notice, the local office will record the application as abandoned. Afterwards, no further action will be taken on the file. (See Annex for template letters)

A copy of the second RQ notice must be kept on file. CIC staff will enter the date on which the initial RQ letter was sent, as well as other applicant-specific information. Before mailing the second notice, the FOSS/GCMS record should be checked to verify whether or not the applicant has requested a change of address.

No-shows for a test and / or an interview with a citizenship official (Pilot procedures for 1 year)

Previously, applicants who did not show for their test and / or interview with CIC staff were scheduled for a second test/interview session or, in some cases, scheduled for a hearing with a citizenship judge.

With the introduction of OB 407 on May 7, 2012, applicants who do not attend their first scheduled test/interview event are to be scheduled for a second test/interview event.

New Pilot Procedure

If the applicant does not show for the second event, the applicant must be mailed a RQ. The objective of this approach is to recognize that there are potential residence issues for an individual who misses two scheduled events. This will allow the Department to close a significant portion of these files without the need for a hearing and without the need to review an applicant’s RQ and supporting documents.

On the other hand, in some cases the applicant will provide their RQ and supporting documents within the allotted timeframes. This means that there will be an increase in the number of files requiring RQ analysis. For this reason, the above procedures (no-shows for test/interview), will be piloted for a period of one year. This will allow the Department to determine, on the whole, the most effective method in finalizing cases falling into this scenario. Reporting on this pilot will be made possible by the use of a case note when such applications are abandoned. These pilot procedures are to begin immediately.

The notice accompanying the RQ will ask that the applicant provide their RQ and supporting documents to the local office within 45 business days. Once this period has elapsed, the applicant will be given a one week grace period. Afterwards, a final RQ notice will be sent to the applicant by registered mail (or equivalent with tracking and delivering confirmation). The final notice will give the applicant an additional 30 business days to provide their RQ and supporting documents. The final notice will also inform the applicant that their application will be closed if the RQ and required documents are not provided. If an applicant does not comply with CIC’s request after the final notice, the local office will abandon the file (see Annex for a template letter).

If the completed RQ and supporting documents are provided, current procedures for the preparation of residence cases apply (eg: the File Preparation and Analysis template is to be completed). The applicant will then be scheduled for a hearing. Immediately before the hearing, the applicant must be interviewed by a citizenship officer to complete the File Requirements Checklist. The applicant will not be asked to write the citizenship test. The citizenship judge will assess language and knowledge criteria during the hearing.

It is possible for the citizenship officer to have no concerns regarding the applicant’s residence following the applicant’s RQ submission. Such applicants must still be scheduled for a hearing. To do otherwise would be affording them a third opportunity to write the citizenship test.

Note: These procedures only apply to applicants who are mailed a second test notice as of the publishing date of this OB. They are not retroactive. Cases that are already in the local office hearing inventory can be scheduled for a hearing as per current procedure (see OB 407: procedures for certain case types).

In all cases where an application has been abandoned due to an RQ not being provided, the following case note must be added “ABANDONED-RQ NOT PROVIDED.”

Procedure for file closure in GCMS

If an applicant does not respond to CIC’s request after the second and final notice, local offices should close the file immediately in GCMS and generate a note providing the reason for file closure, thus assisting the Call Centre in case the applicant calls to obtain information regarding their application.

Returning the file to CPC-Sydney for application retirement

Before returning a file to CPC-Sydney for application retirement (and reimbursement of the right of citizenship fee), please ensure that all the appropriate steps were taken for abandonment, that notices were sent to the applicant’s latest known address, and that the steps taken have been documented on file.

Exception

Some applicants may have a valid reason for being unable to respond to requests for additional information in the prescribed period of time. If an applicant provides CIC officials with a reasonable explanation for failure to respond within requested timeframes AND provides proof or evidence to support the explanation, additional time may be granted.

Below are some acceptable and unacceptable explanations for a delay in responding to request for additional documentation. They are based on CP 13, section 6.5.

Acceptable explanations (examples):

Applicant must be away for an extended period to care for a dying parent.
Applicant is unable to appear as a result of health constraints following an illness/accident.
Applicant has requested documents from a third party and is waiting for these documents (such as a record of movement).
Other extenuating circumstances as deemed reasonable by CIC (e.g., applicant called out of country to sort out family/business affairs as a result of death in the family).
Unacceptable explanation (example)

Applicant lives or continually travels abroad and wants to wait until next trip to Canada.
On occasion, there may be reasons put forward by the applicant which are difficult to assess.

In some instances, the applicant may submit a completed RQ but supporting documentation is missing. If the applicant states that they are waiting for specific documents from a third party (such as records of movement), the application is not to be abandoned if the RQ is otherwise complete.

ANNEX (Second notice RQ needed)

Template letters

LAST NOTICE – Request for documentary evidence of your residence in Canada

REGISTERED MAIL

OFFICE ADDRESS FILE NUMBER

Date
Applicant name
Applicant address

Dear XXX:

In order to continue processing your application for Canadian citizenship, we require sufficient documentary evidence of your residence in Canada. The requirement to provide sufficient evidence regarding your residence in Canada can be found in paragraph 3(4)(d) of the Citizenship Regulations.

In order for this requirement to be satisfied, we require a completed residence questionnaire and supporting documentation. You were first sent a notice requesting this information on DATE (if requested in person: You were advised in person on DATE to provide this information). To date, we have not received the completed residence questionnaire or supporting documentation.

This is a final notice requesting you to provide a completed residence questionnaire and supporting documents. Please submit this information within 30 days from the date of this letter.

Pursuant to section 11(9) of the Citizenship Regulations, if we do not receive the completed residence questionnaire and supporting documentation by DATE (30 days after date of the letter), your application will be declared abandoned, your file will be closed and no other action will be taken on your file.

Once your file has been closed, if you are still interested in becoming a Canadian citizen, you will need to submit a new application with new documents and fees.

Yours sincerely,

Citizenship Official – (2x test/interview no-show + RQ)

LAST NOTICE – Request for documentary evidence of your residence in Canada

REGISTERED MAIL

OFFICE ADDRESS FILE NUMBER

Date
Applicant name
Applicant address

Dear XXX:

On DATE and DATE, you were sent a notice to appear to write your citizenship test and/or to be interviewed by a citizenship official. You did not attend either of these events.

In order to continue processing your application for Canadian citizenship, we require sufficient documentary evidence of your residence in Canada. The requirement to provide sufficient evidence regarding your residence in Canada can be found in paragraph 3(4)(d) of the Citizenship Regulations.

In order for this requirement to be satisfied, we require a completed residence questionnaire and supporting documentation. You were first sent a notice requesting this information on DATE (if requested in person: You were advised on DATE to provide this information). To date, we have not received the completed residence questionnaire or supporting documentation.

This is a final notice requesting you to provide a completed residence questionnaire and supporting documents. Please submit this information within 30 days from the date of this letter.

Pursuant to section 11(9) of the Citizenship Regulations, if we do not receive the completed residence questionnaire and supporting documentation by DATE (30 days after date of the letter), your application will be declared abandoned, your file will be closed, and no other action will be taken on your file.

Once your file has been closed, if you are still interested in becoming a Canadian citizen, you will need to submit a new application with new documents and fees.

Yours sincerely, Citizenship Official

toto999

Jan 4, 2013
Hi saint4peace

if they loose the trust form the immigrant came from your home country (i.e they were lieing on them about their stay in Canada for 1095 days) they just double check with most of the immigrant coming from this country to avoid there double work later on after they give the Citizenship for some and take it back.

any way i will try with my friend to ask here for more info about the RQ , but tell now this is what i have.

EZZAHRAE

Jan 13, 2013
imran65 said:
I am still waiting for my oath and I wrote the test and RQ in July 2011. I have heard that if you are required to fill out an RQ, it could take up to 18 -24 months. If you are lucky, you will get it 6-9 months after your test date, but that is unlikely. Good Luck.
Hi Imran

How about we meet to discuss an action plan. I am talking about all those who received the RQ and have been waiting for long time. So let 's invite Wael55, EasyRider and others. We choose a place and time to meet. How about the next weekend. My email is abdelaaziz90@gmail.com

EZZAHRAE

Jan 13, 2013
beeto2000 said:
That's what I know exactly. This takes a lot longer than getting PR card. I'll keep post what's going on. Thanks for your reply.
Hi Beeto

How about we meet to discuss an action plan. I am talking about all those who received the RQ and have been waiting for long time. So let 's invite Wael55, EasyRider and others. We choose a place and time to meet. How about the next weekend. My email is abdelaaziz90@gmail.com