+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As i mentioned in my previous posts, i am able to get the accounting document from CBSA for the only exit i had in past 4 years:) that is the taxes i paid while returning, so now it shows i came back to Canada in 1 day and then never traveled, my other issue is since i came to Canada in 2008 i was sharing a condo with lady since i was alone, she signed the lease doc when i gave her first month rent, i was paying cash, when i called her for receipts she is refusing to issue plus she is denying the lease paper as well, should i just submit this?she said she was not paying taxes so she can;t issue me receipt, i was receiving all mails while living there?any suggestions?

zeezo

Mar 14, 2012
Dear mary,
I saw today on my CIC timeline update the messege below , i did not get any letter yet by mail .

We sent you a letter on May 16, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. [/font]

what is that mean ? is that RQ?

please advice .

E

erikag

Have you had your test yet? If you receive this kind of message before the test, it usually means that, CIC requests a FP. Otherwise it is probably an RQ.

E

erikag

Zeezo, I have just went through your previous posts and saw that you had the test in January. Unfortunately it probably means that you will receive and RQ in the mail soon. By the way, it looks like Mississauga office is done with scheduling oath for those who had the test in January.

zeezo

Mar 14, 2012
Dear Erikag , it is really a Bad news
the funny thing that i talk CIC office before three days and they inform me i pass and i should wait for the oath ceremony letter soon tehn i am shoked today when i am Checking my status on CIC website . i am really confused .

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i believe that what they do when you call CIC...i called them and after 4 days i got RQ, had my test also done in
Jan....

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All
I have a question in RQ they asked several questions, since you arrival in Canada...
now i landed in 2004 left after 6 months since i was unable to find the job, then came
back in feb 2008 got the job and since than settled here, what will be the arrival date?
i am confused please advise

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They should only be concerned with the 4 years in question, which are the 4 years before you made the application. However, you could also include previous years, it should not hurt, but make sure you mark that clearly (the four-year period and previous to the four-year period, or since you became a PR)

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the only confusion is that with pen they write documentation from XX-2007 to xx-2011,
but in questions they are asking all supporting documentation from the date of arrival, as i mentioned i landed in 2004, but
if i try to gather papers from 2004 that will be a very lengthy process,i was a returning resident on 2008(mentioned that on border)
as well....not sure what will be arrival date here, i am also missing the separate checklist from immigration as well.

kit24

May 24, 2012
Hi Mary Chad,

if you go by the document RQ (CIT0171), it states on top

"arrival date in Canada" means the earlier of;
I the date on which you first came to Canada to liver or
II the date in which you became a permanent resident of Canada

so if you became a resident on 2004
they may be requiring for everything from 2004 since its earlier.

but as you stated I was confused at the part where the paper they
gave me and the form documents say 2 different things.
Same with you, the paper they gave me clearly marks with pen
the 4 year application period but the document is asking for ARRIVAL DATE
to PRESENT.

I've decided to include everything from arrival date since
they will see all my passport stamps anyway, and on my part it was only
a 2 years difference and I've basically stayed in Canada,
but in your case you may want to contact CIC and ask?

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Mary Chad said:
As i mentioned in my previous posts, i am able to get the accounting document from CBSA for the only exit i had in past 4 years:) that is the taxes i paid while returning, so now it shows i came back to Canada in 1 day and then never traveled, my other issue is since i came to Canada in 2008 i was sharing a condo with lady since i was alone, she signed the lease doc when i gave her first month rent, i was paying cash, when i called her for receipts she is refusing to issue plus she is denying the lease paper as well, should i just submit this?she said she was not paying taxes so she can;t issue me receipt, i was receiving all mails while living there?any suggestions?
Hi Mary,

I have the same problem about sharing rental fee, but the only thing is I let my friend used her checks to pay our apartment under her name then I pay her cash.. I'm very stress now what I'm gonna show to them as a proof of payment on rental, and we didn't sign any Rental/lease agreement.. I got my RQ yesterday, and I'm very frustrated coz I don't know what to do:( any suggestions pls??

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Consulted with attorney, in new RQ i will be filling all information from the landing date but
documents i will be attaching will cover 4 years only....
@basharar My office is Mississauga
@kit24 Yes better to include all details but they cleared marked documentation for 4 years
@via08 You can write a letter with RQ explaining that you are sharing the place with friend, get the
affidavit letter from friend staying that you are staying with him/her and apply for CBSA as soon as
possible, it take 3-4 weeks, also immediately apply for OHIP record...you should be good...

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Mary Chad said:
Consulted with attorney, in new RQ i will be filling all information from the landing date but
documents i will be attaching will cover 4 years only....
@ basharar My office is Mississauga
@ kit24 Yes better to include all details but they cleared marked documentation for 4 years
@ via08 You can write a letter with RQ explaining that you are sharing the place with friend, get the
affidavit letter from friend staying that you are staying with him/her and apply for CBSA as soon as
possible, it take 3-4 weeks, also immediately apply for OHIP record...you should be good...
Hi Mary,

Thank you so much for the reply.. So I don't need any rental/lease agreement? Just a letter from her will do? And there's a part on the questionnaire (Home and family ties) specify if own/rent/guest/family? which is the best thing to put on that part? sorry If asked too much:( Maybe I'll call CIC too about this... thanks again!