+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residence Questionnaire after Citizenship Test

tester99

Dec 29, 2013
Thank you all for the very detailed and informing replies. You are a great help.

The centre we are dealing with is in a sparsely populated area of VERY east Atlantic Canada ;) . The form is asking for literally everything (travel documents, income statements, utility bills, passport documentation, medical records, leasing agreements, rent bills, property, education, family ties, ). You name it they want it. I don't understand how they can just demand all of this when it was already provided? I will scan it soon.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tester99 said:
Thank you all for the very detailed and informing replies. You are a great help.

The centre we are dealing with is in a sparsely populated area of VERY east Atlantic Canada ;) . The form is asking for literally everything (travel documents, income statements, utility bills, passport documentation, medical records, leasing agreements, rent bills, property, education, family ties, ). You name it they want it. I don't understand how they can just demand all of this when it was already provided? I will scan it soon.
Thank you, this will help in better understanding of ongoing changes and direction within CIC, as this form is an new updated version.

There's a poor support of this RQ thing from CIC itself (as you can see already), so a lot of aspects related to it are brought to light by research of many people.

taltalcao

Jul 5, 2014
I got a RQ in the same day of the citizenship test. they told me i was 14 days less out of 1095 days because of my miscalculation days. i lost my previous passport. (my citizenship counting day is from 2009-2013, but my new passport start on 2011.) Do I need to get a traveling record (ATIP) from CBSA? However i already sent the information to citizenship and immigration department. If do so, how can i get a ATIP?

i am looking for advice!

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
if someone gets RQ after test and he withdraws his application. Is the test result saved for future and for how long. I am asking this as if that person re applies in future can his test result from his previous withdrawal application be used in his second application. I mean is it like IELTS that you can use the results for upto 2 years.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueshirt said:
if someone gets RQ after test and he withdraws his application. Is the test result saved for future and for how long. I am asking this as if that person re applies in future can his test result from his previous withdrawal application be used in his second application. I mean is it like IELTS that you can use the results for upto 2 years.
No, sorry. you start from Zero.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Goldline thanks is this feedback based on experience or is it someone confirmed in forum or is it written on cic website somewhere. I was unable to find written confirmation or confirmation from someone experiencing the same

applicant314

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Some people say withdrawing an application results an RQ the second time you apply. Intuitively, this makes sense. So if you withdraw because you received a questionnaire, you might not be better off actually. If I were an agent, I would probably be even more suspicious, if I see such a file. Just my two cents.

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Non-routine applications are being processed quite fast these days, I sent my application in April last year, I got an RQ in November and I sent it back after 4 weeks, I had my test on March 18, 2014 and my oath ceremony is this Thursday...It took 15 months since I sent the application, not 36 as stated in the CIC website

taltalcao

Jul 5, 2014
I got a RQ in the same day of the citizenship test. they told me i was 14 days less out of 1095 days because of my miscalculation days. i lost my previous passport. (my citizenship counting day is from 2009-2013, but my new passport start on 2011.) Do I need to get a traveling record (ATIP) from CBSA? However i already sent the information to citizenship and immigration department. If do so, how can i get a ATIP? and Will it be too late to send additional documents the citizenship and immigration department.

I am looking for advice!
Thank you very much!

hasb1901

Feb 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
you can find how to order your GCMS notes in this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ordering-atip-gcms-notes-no-more-faxemail-request-going-forward-t141360.0.html

Regarding the timing I might think you can send them to CIC once you get them plus a cover letter to explain the situation

janoo

May 16, 2014
submit the r.q form with maximum documents and write covering letter
explaining the situation and hopefully you will get the oath...wish you all the best
of luck.

taltalcao

Jul 5, 2014
janoo said:
submit the r.q form with maximum documents and write covering letter
explaining the situation and hopefully you will get the oath...wish you all the best
of luck.

THANKS, I WILL TRY IT ...

taltalcao

Jul 5, 2014
Regarding the timing I might think you can send them to CIC once you get them plus a cover letter to explain the situation
[/quote]

Thank you very much!
i checked the website already, but which department should I submit? To Border Service Agency or Canadian immigration and citizenship Agency? Or would it be possible for me to submit my files to both the departments because I need the border travel record in order to complete the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taltalcao said:

Thank you very much!
i checked the website already, but which department should I submit? To Border Service Agency or Canadian immigration and citizenship Agency? Or would it be possible for me to submit my files to both the departments because I need the border travel record in order to complete the Canadian Immigration and Citizenship.
You request your travel record from CBSA not CIC.