+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residence card with not enough days in Canada, need help

DKV

Sep 3, 2012
Hello,
I had residence card for family and we did soft landing on Nov 2014 and left back to UK after 15 days , as my residence card was expiring 2019 we decided to move to Canada , so i came back on April 2019 to Canada stayed for 3 months got everything sorted ( house, licence , Health card) and went back to get my family.Now when we landed we were sent to immigration people as all of my family does not have 572 days ( not sure if i wrote days right) , Immigration officer was nice and let us in but advised us that we will have problem in renewing Residence card.
Does any one has problem like this , do i need to hire immigration lawyer or i need to fill the form myself and send it .What is the best way to renew Residence card.
We wanted to come in 2017 , my wife was pregnant with my 2 child and she was already diagnosed with pregnancy diabetes,as she had when our first child was born.i wrote to cic London if they can help with health card as waiting period was 3 months but they raised their hand and could not help me, my wife gave birth and my child was premature and had to stay in hospital for 1 month , with 3 months review by neo natal doctors .Everything is alright and we have doctors notes .
Pls advise seniors , anyone who has gone through with not enough days in Canada

Kaypull

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Good day family, just curious has any October applicant received a final decision yet ☹☹☹... Hopefully to hear from y’all

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I had residence card for family and we did soft landing on Nov 2014 and left back to UK after 15 days , as my residence card was expiring 2019 we decided to move to Canada , so i came back on April 2019 to Canada stayed for 3 months got everything sorted ( house, licence , Health card) and went back to get my family.Now when we landed we were sent to immigration people as all of my family does not have 572 days ( not sure if i wrote days right) , Immigration officer was nice and let us in but advised us that we will have problem in renewing Residence card.
Does any one has problem like this , do i need to hire immigration lawyer or i need to fill the form myself and send it .What is the best way to renew Residence card.
We wanted to come in 2017 , my wife was pregnant with my 2 child and she was already diagnosed with pregnancy diabetes,as she had when our first child was born.i wrote to cic London if they can help with health card as waiting period was 3 months but they raised their hand and could not help me, my wife gave birth and my child was premature and had to stay in hospital for 1 month , with 3 months review by neo natal doctors .Everything is alright and we have doctors notes .
You and your family should not apply to renew your PR card until you have lived in Canada for 730 days out of the last five years. If you apply sooner, you should expect to be refused and for IRCC to start the process to revoke your PR status.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Assume that means you were not reported. If you were out of Canada for over a month before you returned to Canada you no longer have valid health coverage and need to reapply. Assume you live in Ontario.

Gestational diabetes and your child being in the NICU for one month would not be a good reason to not meet the residency obligation. Gestational diabetes still allows you to continue your regular life.