+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

requirement of LMIA for employer hiring permanent employee applying from outside Canada

Abdullah raja

Feb 12, 2019
i would appreciate if someone can tell me whether or not i need a LMIA , if an employer based in Toronto, Ontario is hiring a permanent employee who is applying to move to Canada on permanent basis with his family and applying for immigration using express entry program from outside Canada under federal Skilled worker program and who is being offered a permanent job of a managerial level by the employer and who is ready to offer a permanent job to this employee for a period of more than one year , that will help the employee in applying and approving his application of immigration and getting him a permanent residence in Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i would appreciate if someone can tell me whether or not i need a LMIA , if an employer based in Toronto, Ontario is hiring a permanent employee who is applying to move to Canada on permanent basis with his family and applying for immigration using express entry program from outside Canada under federal Skilled worker program and who is being offered a permanent job of a managerial level by the employer and who is ready to offer a permanent job to this employee for a period of more than one year , that will help the employee in applying and approving his application of immigration and getting him a permanent residence in Canada
Yes, an LMIA is required.

Abdullah raja

Feb 12, 2019
Yes, an LMIA is required.
but on the CIC website LMIA is required only by temporary employee who is a foreigner and not planning for a permanent residency or plans to apply immigrationn in canadian there is no detail mentioned about a permanent employee

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
They will be temporary (work permit will only be issued for so many years).. They cannot be fully permanent until they get PR.

Study, Visit and Work visa's are ALL considered temporary visas.

Reactions: Bryanna and scylla

Abdullah raja

Feb 12, 2019
They will be temporary (work permit will only be issued for so many years).. They cannot be fully permanent until they get PR.

Study, Visit and Work visa's are ALL considered temporary visas.
I agree that study, visit and work visas are all temporary but which category will the applying for permanent settlement / immigration to Canada , through express entry and under federal skilled work program, which category will this status will fall in, temporary or permanent

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
But they are not getting this job through express entry. They are getting it through a work visa. Doesn't matter if they are applying for express entry. They are only applying.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Don't see whats so difficult to understand.
I think it's quite common for people to "understand" what they are reading based on what works for them, I think that's what happened with OP. Also, he/she called Service Canada which isn't a reliable source on immigration policies further adding confusion. I did post a CIC link which will hopefully help him/her better understand this. If not, OP should ask an immigration lawyer because I think he/she will just keep on asking us for what our "grounds" are for giving the answers we are giving because he/she doesn't like our answers.