+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requesting travel document for new PR, is it worth the risk?

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Before I get to my question, short brief of my case
Landed during February 2014, - Left Canada after 16 days, - PR card received at Canadian address (my friend’s residential address) – April 2014.
I intend to visit Canada again during August 2014 but currently do not have PR card with me. Currently I am thinking of applying for a travel document to visit Canada and then personally collect the PR Card from my friend. I have heard that if an application for TD is rejected then it effectively means that PR status has been revoked impliedly… is this correct? as I can’t find any information regarding this on CIC website.

Further, any tips for applying for a TD? Since the visa officer would know that I am visiting only for few days will they approve my application?

My friend has offered me to send the PR card through courier but I do not personally feel comfortable about it as I am afraid of the consequences, if it gets lost during transit.

Any thoughts and inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
1) There is no realistic chance of a Travel Document being refused in your circumstances. There is NO implicit revocation. Due process must be followed.
2) Many people, including myself have had our new PR card couriered to us. Just use a reputable company.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I too agree with Zardoz.
Ask your friend to send it to you by courier.

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Thank you Zardoz and Wilson for your valuable advice.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
May2010applicant said:
Before I get to my question, short brief of my case
Landed during February 2014, - Left Canada after 16 days, - PR card received at Canadian address (my friend's residential address) – April 2014.
I intend to visit Canada again during August 2014 but currently do not have PR card with me. Currently I am thinking of applying for a travel document to visit Canada and then personally collect the PR Card from my friend. I have heard that if an application for TD is rejected then it effectively means that PR status has been revoked impliedly... is this correct? as I can't find any information regarding this on CIC website.

Further, any tips for applying for a TD? Since the visa officer would know that I am visiting only for few days will they approve my application?

My friend has offered me to send the PR card through courier but I do not personally feel comfortable about it as I am afraid of the consequences, if it gets lost during transit.

Any thoughts and inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Even if the office assumes you were out of the country this entire time, there is nothing he can do. You still have plenty of time to meet your RO obligation of 730 days

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Thank you txboyscout
txboyscout said:
Even if the office assumes you were out of the country this entire time, there is nothing he can do. You still have plenty of time to meet your RO obligation of 730 days