+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

requesting support letter from BC PNP office!

Archie Arch

Dec 20, 2017
Hello everyone! I sent email to BC PNP office with request to provide to me support letter from province. I have PR application in process I applied based on my PNP nomination. I moved back to Ukraine due my work permit got refused, so I applied from Ukraine, got refused , reason missing support letter from province. And now, BC PNP office saying I did not submit all require documents to request support letter, missing this
  • "verification that you have submitted your application for permanent residence to IRCC before the nomination expiry date (i.e. first page of the IRCC application for PR including the receipt date stamp).
All attachments must be a PDF or JPG file and under 3MB."

Is anyone can clarify what exactly document they are requesting ?
Also, I did sent them email asking to explain me what documents they are looking for.
My consultant said its email when IRCC notified me that they assign application number for my PR case, BUT problem is my PNP nomination is expired on 25 May 2016, I submitted PR application 06 May 2016, documents received by IRCC 09 May 2016.
Im confused what should I do and how to prove PNP office that I did apply for PR on time.
Please advise me.
Thank you in advance.

canadian_monk

Mar 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Inland
Med's Request
[upfront] 03/04/2017
Med's Done....
12/05/2017
Interview........
---
Passport Req..
---
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2018
Hi Archie (BTW, do you happen to be an architect?),
Nothing to worry about the dates. Read carefully what they are requesting from you:
  • "verification that you have submitted your application for permanent residence to IRCC before the nomination expiry date (i.e. first page of the IRCC application for PR including the receipt date stamp).
So, if your PR application was received by IRCC on 9 May 2016, that was BEFORE the expiry date of your PNP nomination (otherwise, your federal application would have been rejected). So, in my opinion, provide the provincial government with whatever proofs you have that you applied on that date and when the application was received (send them the Canada Post receipt, if you have one. Send them the AOR email from CIC, which will say something like:

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear X,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/08/02.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

Centralized Intake Office
P.O Box 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada

As you can see, in the AOR email, it is clearly stated when your documents were received by CIC.

newmpnp2016

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2016
Hello everyone! I sent email to BC PNP office with request to provide to me support letter from province. I have PR application in process I applied based on my PNP nomination. I moved back to Ukraine due my work permit got refused, so I applied from Ukraine, got refused , reason missing support letter from province. And now, BC PNP office saying I did not submit all require documents to request support letter, missing this
All attachments must be a PDF or JPG file and under 3MB."

Is anyone can clarify what exactly document they are requesting ?
Also, I did sent them email asking to explain me what documents they are looking for.
My consultant said its email when IRCC notified me that they assign application number for my PR case, BUT problem is my PNP nomination is expired on 25 May 2016, I submitted PR application 06 May 2016, documents received by IRCC 09 May 2016.
Im confused what should I do and how to prove PNP office that I did apply for PR on time.
Please advise me.
Thank you in advance.
They are asking for AOR email

Archie Arch

Dec 20, 2017
Hi Archie (BTW, do you happen to be an architect?),
Nothing to worry about the dates. Read carefully what they are requesting from you:
So, if your PR application was received by IRCC on 9 May 2016, that was BEFORE the expiry date of your PNP nomination (otherwise, your federal application would have been rejected). So, in my opinion, provide the provincial government with whatever proofs you have that you applied on that date and when the application was received (send them the Canada Post receipt, if you have one. Send them the AOR email from CIC, which will say something like:

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear X,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/08/02.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

Centralized Intake Office
P.O Box 7500
Sydney, NS B1P 0A9
Canada

As you can see, in the AOR email, it is clearly stated when your documents were received by CIC.

Thank you for reply, but, problem is , I can not proof that they received my PR application before nomination is expired due do not have any letter from IRCC saying that. I do have email from IRCC with application number for my PR application and its on 24 August which is later then expiry date, only when I log in on CIC website and check status of my case I can see that they received my documents on 09 May.
I am sorry I dont know if you can attach here something if you would like can you give me your email I will send you this letter what I am talking about.
Thanks again for you time to response

Archie Arch

Dec 20, 2017
They are asking for AOR email
as far as I understand AOR letter it is where they saying when they gave a number to my PR application. Because I do not have any letter saying "This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/08/02."

newmpnp2016

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2016
as far as I understand AOR letter it is where they saying when they gave a number to my PR application. Because I do not have any letter saying "This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/08/02."
Check your spam folder or login to my cic and you will see msg at the bottom

Archie Arch

Dec 20, 2017
Check your spam folder or login to my cic and you will see msg at the bottom
nothing man, I am doing all my application through my consultant , but he did not send me anything else. And when I login in my CIC I dont see nothing on bottom. Can you give me your email I will send you screenshots, if it ok?

canadian_monk

Mar 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Inland
Med's Request
[upfront] 03/04/2017
Med's Done....
12/05/2017
Interview........
---
Passport Req..
---
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2018
Thank you for reply, but, problem is , I can not proof that they received my PR application before nomination is expired due do not have any letter from IRCC saying that. I do have email from IRCC with application number for my PR application and its on 24 August which is later then expiry date, only when I log in on CIC website and check status of my case I can see that they received my documents on 09 May.
I am sorry I dont know if you can attach here something if you would like can you give me your email I will send you this letter what I am talking about.
Thanks again for you time to response
Archie, that email that you are talking about (and that I highlighted in red) is the AOR email, and it's the email we are telling you to submit to BC PN Ofice. Yeah, you received the email on August the 24th, BUT that email will be nearly identical to the one I posted, and it will contain a sentence like this: "This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on <WHENEVER THEY RECEIVED YOUR DOCUMENTS, i.e on May 9th>".

Print that email (the AOR email) and send it to them.

Maush

Sep 17, 2018
Hi anyone knows if getting the support letter from the PNP accelerates the process of getting the WP or takes the same time as normal application?