+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REQUESTING for Help & Information - MARRIAGE FRAUD

Karan Shenoy

Dec 27, 2019
Hello EVERYONE,

My name is KARAN, I got married in 2018 in India. The girl is a Canadian Permanent Resident. We are both INDIAN citizens.
After marriage She immediately left to Canada without informing Me. She went to her parents house after second month of marriage and dissappeared, Leaving me clueless. No call/email is received from her since 1 Year 7 months.
Except word of mouth from her parents through relatives saying she will never come back to India again. When we asked their parents, all they say is Do whatever u want, we are least bothered & don't care (I think their behavior is that way mostly because she has PERMANENT RESIDENCY & we can't do anything from India).
No abusing/Man handling happened & No Dowry is taken or asked.

I need info regarding the following if any strict action can be taken against her:

1.If She has given False Information to the Immigration officer that she is Single while entering into Canada (or) Staying in Canada without informing her Status, Is there any chance that the immigration department can take action can taken against her permanent residency/any other means., if the documents mentioned (her PR Card, Passport scanned Copy, Registered Marraige Certificate, Marraige videos, Photos) are provided.

2. It's almost considered as a FRAUD to say I will marry & give PR and leave without any information. Can any strict action be taken against her, if so please help me out with an answer.

3. Will I be able to get her Present address info on where she is staying if I provide her PR card, Passport copy. Incase, if I filed a case against her as I have to give the court her address so that the court notice will reach her in Canada.

Please let me know your answer. Thanks for reading my Post.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Your case seems to be a domestic and family issue. There is no law that permit immigration to interfere, disclose or interact with third-party without her consent. You maybe surprise to know that, it is illegal for you to disclose that you are in possession of someone else identity documents (PR card) that belong to her. Even when your marriage is in good term. It is better to work with her family or consult your local family counsel.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello EVERYONE,

My name is KARAN, I got married in 2018 in India. The girl is a Canadian Permanent Resident. We are both INDIAN citizens.
After marriage She immediately left to Canada without informing Me. She went to her parents house after second month of marriage and dissappeared, Leaving me clueless. No call/email is received from her since 1 Year 7 months.
Except word of mouth from her parents through relatives saying she will never come back to India again. When we asked their parents, all they say is Do whatever u want, we are least bothered & don't care (I think their behavior is that way mostly because she has PERMANENT RESIDENCY & we can't do anything from India).

I need info regarding the following if any strict action can be taken against her:

1.If She has given False Information to the Immigration officer that she is Single while entering into Canada (or) Staying in Canada without informing her Status, Is there any chance that the immigration department can take action can taken against her permanent residency/any other means., if the documents mentioned (her PR Card, Passport scanned Copy, Registered Marraige Certificate, Marraige videos, Photos) are provided.

2. It's almost considered as a FRAUD to say I will marry & give PR and leave without any information. Can any strict action be taken against her, if so please help me out with an answer.

3. Will I be able to get her Present address info on where she is staying if I provide her PR card, Passport copy. Incase, if I filed a case against her as I have to give the court her address so that the court notice will reach her in Canada.

1. There is no requirement for her to update her status once she is married or when entering Canada. She has broken no Canadian law. No - you cannot take action against her in Canada. No - the immigration department will not take action against her. Again, she has broken no law.
2. You need to pursue a case against her in India. From a Canadian law perspective, there is no obligation for her to sponsor you for PR once you are married. Whether she sponsors you for PR or not is her choice.
3. No - this informtion is private / confidential and will not be given to you.

Your only option is to pursue her / her family through the court system in India. There is no action you can take against her in Canada.

leonie

Oct 29, 2019
Hello EVERYONE,

firstly are you sure she is not just a missing person?could she have been a victim of foulplay?
I have seen people post pics of people that have gone missing. I'm unsure of what you need to do legally to do that.
I think it would be FRAUD if she applied or applied for someone else without getting a divorce and puttng that she is single never married on an application with immigration while married to you.
If you have money to pay Only a private investigatior may be able to find her.
Also you need a divorce to move on. I think you need to apply to the courts for dessertion to dissolve the marriage.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If you have money to pay Only a private investigatior may be able to find her.
It’s really inappropriate to be providing unknown individuals advice on how to track down women in Canada, regardless of their relationship. There are privacy laws for a reason and potentially she doesn’t want to be found by him. To many past cases of women being tracked down by jaded spouse/partners/lovers that end tragically.

Reactions: canuck78 and scylla

leonie

Oct 29, 2019
It’s really inappropriate to be providing unknown individuals advice on how to track down women in Canada, regardless of their relationship. There are privacy laws for a reason and potentially she doesn’t want to be found by him. To many past cases of women being tracked down by jaded spouse/partners/lovers that end tragically.
i DID NOT provide inappropriate advice on how to track down women in Canada. If he wants to hire an investigator to find her that private investigator would let him know that he needs Court Documents to do the search.. and YES there have been cases in the past where people have used investigators to find people and tragedy resulted thats why a court documents is needed.
There are many Canadian missing persons cases where private investigators have been hired by famililies because the Police hasnt found missing person.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i DID NOT provide inappropriate advice on how to track down women in Canada. If he wants to hire an investigator to find her that private investigator would let him know that he needs Court Documents to do the search.. and YES there have been cases in the past where people have used investigators to find people and tragedy resulted thats why a court documents is needed.
There are many Canadian missing persons cases where private investigators have been hired by famililies because the Police hasnt found missing person.
She is not a missing person. He actually mentions that she is in Canada with no intention of returning to India. Unfortunately this is an issue of a spouse expecting PR whether they remain married or not in the longterm. Assume this is an arranged marriage and I suspect there may have been some money/jewelry/etc. exchanged or gifted. As others have said she is not obligated to sponsor you and it seems like your relationship is likely headed towards a divorce. You will have to work it out in the Indian court system.