+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

tsap33

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
landed on Aug 8
Called CIC on oct 8th and came to know that i need to send photo again.
Sent photo on oct 12 and received on oct 16th
photo went to production again on nov 30
got letter in mail for photo on 3rd Jan.
Resend two photo on 09/01/2018
Resend another two photo taken by another commercial photographer on 10/01/2018
all 4 photos reached Sydney office on 11/01/2018 , received by DJ

Now waiting for 2 more month ... .

ash1381

Sep 20, 2017
Landed on Nov 11: Vancouver
Left Vancouver for US: Nov 12
Photograph rejected and request to resent photographs received: Jan 3
Photographs sent from US: Jan 3
Photographs Delivered: Jan 10

ganeshac1985

Feb 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
17/02/2017
AOR Received.
17/02/2017
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
Landed on 14th October: Halifax, NS
Travelled back to USA: 17th October
Photo Request: 2nd Decmeber
Photos sent from USA: 4th December
Photo received (according to tracking number): 12th December
Received second photo request (got message in linked CIC account): 17th January
I call CIC agent and she told me no need to send photos since they are still processing the applications received on 3rd November.
It will take ages to get PR card I think.

Reactions: induscan17

ganeshac1985

Feb 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
17/02/2017
AOR Received.
17/02/2017
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
Anyone called today? Which photo retake dates are they processing right now?
I Called today and she told they are still processing the applications received on 3rd Nov :) I know since last two weeks they are providing the same answer.

PrincessofRosie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
AOR Received.
30-06-2017
The last update :
Landed at Vancouver airport August 25th
Photo Requested October 11th
Photo Taken and sent October 11th
Photo Received October 16th
Photo Approved December 8th
Photo Received December 13th
Hope you guys get yours soon.
How do you know it was approved? I don't understand it. How do you guys link the applications? Thanks

Superman18

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Landed on 19th November and stayed for a week and came back to India
Received for new photos request on 10th Jan from our immigration layer in Canada (cic sent it to them directly)
We have given local address as our immigration lawyer address so that they can send PR cards to a local address as we don't have any friends or relatives in Canada.

Sent photos on 15th Jan international courier

How long will it take..any idea?

wangj255

Jan 19, 2018
Landed on 19th November and stayed for a week and came back to India
Received for new photos request on 10th Jan from our immigration layer in Canada (cic sent it to them directly)
We have given local address as our immigration lawyer address so that they can send PR cards to a local address as we don't have any friends or relatives in Canada.

Sent photos on 15th Jan international courier

How long will it take..any idea?

Would like to share my timeline with you as I sent my resent photo from outside Canada as well....

Original Landing Date: Sept. 9
Photo Resend Request: Oct. 30
Resent Photo Received by Sydney Office: Nov. 16
Online Application Status Updated: Jan 18

Still didnt get the card in the mail box but expecting to get it within a few days (I assume...)

K_chinn

Jan 19, 2018
Would like to share my timeline with you as I sent my resent photo from outside Canada as well....

Original Landing Date: Sept. 9
Photo Resend Request: Oct. 30
Resent Photo Received by Sydney Office: Nov. 16
Online Application Status Updated: Jan 18

Still didnt get the card in the mail box but expecting to get it within a few days (I assume...)
Congrats man!!!! Kindly update once you receive your PR card.

yulia24

Jan 19, 2018
My mom landed on July 26. On September 22 got request for new photos, sent back on Sept. 29. In the beginning of December we sent a message to IRCC online to inquire about the status of an application and got a response that they have the pictures but now the officer wants two more, new ones! We haven't received an official email requesting the pictures like we did before, but went and sent them anyway on December 26. Today (Jan. 19) we got an email asking for pictures again! I called IRCC, got to the part where they say the updated status of the application and there it says "Additional documents you sent are reviewed. No further documents are required". Does it mean they are still processing the pictures, and the email they sent was just the official confirmation from before? I'm so confused.

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
My mom landed on July 26. On September 22 got request for new photos, sent back on Sept. 29. In the beginning of December we sent a message to IRCC online to inquire about the status of an application and got a response that they have the pictures but now the officer wants two more, new ones! We haven't received an official email requesting the pictures like we did before, but went and sent them anyway on December 26. Today (Jan. 19) we got an email asking for pictures again! I called IRCC, got to the part where they say the updated status of the application and there it says "Additional documents you sent are reviewed. No further documents are required". Does it mean they are still processing the pictures, and the email they sent was just the official confirmation from before? I'm so confused.
Hi yulia24

Your timeline and the case are very similar to my wife's and son. What did the CIC agent tell you? It's not clear though you mentioned you called them.

I also received the same email as yours yesterday for my wife's application.

Landed: 25/07/2017
Photo request: 21/09/2017
Sent photos: 29/09/2017 (from outside Canada) Received by IRCC: 05/10/2017
I sent two CSE (Web forms) in Mid November to find out the status. The second reply from CIC was a photo request again (16/12/2017)
Photo sent again: 23/12/2017 (Do not know when they received) used Canada Post
Photo request letter (email): 19/01/2018 (I think this is for previous photos received by IRCC on 05/10/2017)

Hadli

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Hi everyone,
I would like to share my experience with you

I landed on Oct 18
was waiting so eagerly until I received photo request on Dec 7( 50 days after landing)
sent the photos on the same day, they received my photos on Dec 11.
Called CIC on Jan 4 (24 days after photos were received in the office) and they said they were processing photos received on Nov 3.
Called them again yesterday, Jan 19, same story!!they said they were processing Nov 3!!

Super slow!

elusiveknight

Oct 28, 2016
Hi yulia24

Your timeline and the case are very similar to my wife's and son. What did the CIC agent tell you? It's not clear though you mentioned you called them.

I also received the same email as yours yesterday for my wife's application.

Landed: 25/07/2017
Photo request: 21/09/2017
Sent photos: 29/09/2017 (from outside Canada) Received by IRCC: 05/10/2017
I sent two CSE (Web forms) in Mid November to find out the status. The second reply from CIC was a photo request again (16/12/2017)
Photo sent again: 23/12/2017 (Do not know when they received) used Canada Post
Photo request letter (email): 19/01/2018 (I think this is for previous photos received by IRCC on 05/10/2017)
Hi Guys

I have received a request for New Photos for my wife on January 10, 2018 and I have sent her photos by DHL (since we are living outside Canada) on January 12, 2018 which was received by someone by the name of DJ on January 18, 2018.

However just wanted to know if DHL and other international courier companies can actually deliver to Case Processing Centre - Permanent Resident Card PO Box 4500 directly.

When I called DHL, they told me that they have delivered it to their Mail Room which is located at 49 Dorchester Street, Sydney, NS. However, the document was received by DJ but no signature was given.

If they do not or is not the correct one, then I need to send the photos to a friend who is living in Canada immediately and then he will send the photos by Registered Mail to them.

Can anyone please enlighten me or share their experiences (especially who are living outside Canada) if my photos were actually received by CPC - Permanent Resident Card?

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Hi Guys

I have received a request for New Photos for my wife on January 10, 2018 and I have sent her photos by DHL (since we are living outside Canada) on January 12, 2018 which was received by someone by the name of DJ on January 18, 2018.

However just wanted to know if DHL and other international courier companies can actually deliver to Case Processing Centre - Permanent Resident Card PO Box 4500 directly.

When I called DHL, they told me that they have delivered it to their Mail Room which is located at 49 Dorchester Street, Sydney, NS. However, the document was received by DJ but no signature was given.

If they do not or is not the correct one, then I need to send the photos to a friend who is living in Canada immediately and then he will send the photos by Registered Mail to them.

Can anyone please enlighten me or share their experiences (especially who are living outside Canada) if my photos were actually received by CPC - Permanent Resident Card?
Hi Guys

49 Dorchester Street, Sydney, NS

Yes the above address is correct. I also sent to this address 1st time.

2nd time l sent to a friend who could post them to CIC.