+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

tsap33

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
I called 1-888-242-2100, and pressed 1 -> 1 -> 3. Entered my application number, and got an automated response saying that they are currently processing PR card applications from Oct 3rd, and that the processing time currently is 72 days.

But people here are giving different information. My photos were received Oct 13th, and I have still not received my card. Should I be concerned?
They received my photo on 26th oct but no update yet.

rianlam

Star Member
May 16, 2017
For those who are concerning.
I got requested second time for photo. I called CIC and talked to them last week. She told me that I do not need to re-send the photo again, and they are processing photo uploaded on Oct 26th right now. They do not know if they already received my first photo (which I got requested on Oct 31, and send by Nov 3). They recommended me to keep Canada post tracking number. My status under additional documents changed from "uploaded" to "do not need". I think everything now is so far so good. I will keep track on them in couple days or weeks.

I highly recommend people who got second request like me, just give them a call and let see what's going on

Happy new year

Reactions: induscan17

tsap33

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
I got requested second time for photo. I called CIC and talked to them last week. She told me that I do not need to re-send the photo again, and they are processing photo uploaded on Oct 26th right now. They do not know if they already received my first photo (which I got requested on Oct 31, and send by Nov 3). They recommended me to keep Canada post tracking number. My status under additional documents changed from "uploaded" to "do not need". I think everything now is so far so good. I will keep track on them in couple days or weeks.

I highly recommend people who got second request like me, just give them a call and let see what's going on

Happy new year
Hi Rianlam, Happy new year.
Could you please let us know your time line. When you got first request and 2nd .

rianlam

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hi Rianlam, Happy new year.
Could you please let us know your time line. When you got first request and 2nd .
Happy new year!
Landing: Sep 7, 2017
First request photo: Oct 30, 2017
Delivered photo to Nova Scotia: Nov 3, 2017 (Tracking number from Canada post, no confirmed from CIC yet)
Second request photo: Dec 19, 2017

Jul 4, 2017
Hi..we got a photo resend request for the child via mailbox and we sent the photos. But for me and husband it came via email and we both missed to read that email, the 30 days ends today and we haven't sent them the photos.
We plan to call them up tomorrow and explain our situation.

Anyone faced such a situation? It says if photos are not recieved within 30 days then the pr card application will be cancelled.

vyadav

Jan 3, 2018
My timeline

Landing - 11 Sept 2017
Location - Toronto
New Photo request - 30 Oct
New Photo recieved - 01 Nov
Cic profile updated - 03 Jan
CPC location - Nova Scotia
Photo mail from - Toronto

My status updated today with pr document number and other details.
Waiting for pr card.

Thanks

Reactions: induscan17

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015

Happy new year
Hey, how did you contact them? What menu items did you select to get someone to talk to?

sushilrsk

Aug 24, 2017
Hi,
I am new to this forum.
I Landed in Toronto on October 16 2017
Received photo request on December 2nd.
Sent photos on December 5th
The photos were received by the Nova Scotia office on December 7th
On my CIC portal, Review of additional documents field says "We do not need additional documents". What does this mean? Anybody has any idea.

nomanahmed

Nov 29, 2017
Hi..we got a photo resend request for the child via mailbox and we sent the photos. But for me and husband it came via email and we both missed to read that email, the 30 days ends today and we haven't sent them the photos.
We plan to call them up tomorrow and explain our situation.

Anyone faced such a situation? It says if photos are not recieved within 30 days then the pr card application will be cancelled.
Just don't wait for the call, immediately send the photos to specs. They're anyway lagging behind buy around 62 days.

searchin82

Sep 30, 2017
Hello All,

I need some advice. I landed on Oct 8th,2017 and received photo request on Dec 2nd. The photos were received at Sydney, Nova Scotia address on Dec 8th. It's almost a month now and I haven't received any communication.The IVR mentions that they are currently processing application received before Oct 10th, 2017 but does not provide any ETA. Is there a way to login into myCIC or any other website to check my PR card application status? Is anyone aware of current wait times?

I'm scheduled to travel to India for vacation end of January and was expecting the card to arrive before that. Now I'm starting to get tense. I probably can apply for PRTD once in India to return to Canada but I don't know how much time that would take for processing in India. I'm not sure if I should cancel the travel.

Any advice would be useful.

Cheers!

Last edited:

tari7499

Jun 21, 2016
Faisalabad
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
6221 & 2132
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2016. Additional Docs Request: 24-Sep-2016 Additional Docs Emailed: 28-Sep-2016 Notification for Decision Phase: 28-Sep-2016 Nomination: 30-Sep-2016
Passport Req..
23-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-Apr-2017
LANDED..........
02-Jul-2017
I strongly advise you should cancel your trip. I landed in July, came back and STILL waiting for PR Cards...have received two photo requests in the meanwhile. I strongly suggest you should cancel everything until pr cards arrive.

Hello All,

I need some advice. I landed on Oct 8th,2017 and received photo request on Dec 2nd. The photos were received at Sydney, Nova Scotia address on Dec 8th. It's almost a month now and I haven't received any communication.The IVR mentions that they are currently processing application received before Oct 10th, 2017 but does not provide any ETA. Is there a way to login into myCIC or any other website to check my PR card application status? Is anyone aware of current wait times?

I'm scheduled to travel to India for vacation end of January and was expecting the card to arrive before that. Now I'm starting to get tense. I probably can apply for PRTD once in India to return to Canada but I don't know how much time that would take for processing in India. I'm not sure if I should cancel the travel.

Any advice would be useful.

Cheers!

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Landed: Sept 05, 2017
Photo Request: Oct 30, 2017
Photo Delivered: Nov 03, 2017 - Sydney NS
Application Approved: Jan 05, 2017

=====
Application/profile details
Application status: A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
Review of eligibility: Your eligiblity has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
=====
TL;DR
Additional document status could remain the same throughout the reviewing process.
Good luck to all.

Reactions: Ahsan576