+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

rianlam

Star Member
May 16, 2017
I tried to call them so many times and no one even pick up. What should I do now guys? This is so weird since my first letter only allowed me 30days to submit and this one is 180 days. Is it because I changed my address?

induscan17

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Yesterday I called IRCC they are processing applications with photo retake on Oct 25th.The guy told me right now the processing time for pr card is 61 days, if i resent the photo the processing time will start 61 days since they received the photo. So i will get my pr card in 61 days from 7th Dec,2017.
Have to Wait and will no update before they check the photo.
Thank you for the info. This is ridiculous, we should be put back in the queue since we landed earlier. 2-4 weeks wait time is acceptable. Starting from scratch isn't a nice operating model. So many people are struggling with travel plans, without PR card. Even otherwise, it's a peace of mind to have PR card in hand. It shouldn't be this hard.

I wish IRCC can take their own photos when people land, so this delay for applicants and processing overhead for them could be avoided.

Last edited:

induscan17

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
I tried to call them so many times and no one even pick up. What should I do now guys? This is so weird since my first letter only allowed me 30days to submit and this one is 180 days. Is it because I changed my address?
I would do as @YANP had suggested. We have to live with this inefficient existing model. Please resend them your photos asap and keep a track of your dates.

winniej

Dec 8, 2017
My timeline
landed 25/07/2017
1st Photo request received by IRCC: 05/10/2017
2nd Photo request: 12/12/2017 (Photos sent, still in transit)

Anyway give them a call and please update in this forum, I cannot call them as I am outside CANADA
I called them, they ask me to resend photo again!

tsap33

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
I called them, they told my photo has been received and send to production on 30th Nov. But They don't have latest update. I am not sure whether they are going to ask to resend photo or else. They are frustrating me now.
My timeline
landed - Aug 8th
Resend photo - oct 12
photo received - OCt 16th
Photo send to production - 30 Nov

shshivam

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
I called 1-888-242-2100, and pressed 1 -> 1 -> 3. Entered my application number, and got an automated response saying that they are currently processing PR card applications from Oct 3rd, and that the processing time currently is 72 days.

But people here are giving different information. My photos were received Oct 13th, and I have still not received my card. Should I be concerned?

x.75

Jul 17, 2016
After exactly 50 days of landing, I got photo resend request today.
For those, who are outside Canada, how did you manage to send them photos as private courier wouldn't accept it due to PO Box in address. We can send via EMS only. Anybody with similar experience ?

rohitks24

Dec 23, 2017
Hi

I landed on 1st November and on 22nd December received a photo request. The photo request has the application number and 1 UCI number. My application had myself and my wife and daughter. They need the photo only for me or for my wife and daughter as well. The letter is addressed to my name and does not mention any details about my wife and daughter. Also it does not mention their UCI numbers.

Please help.

induscan17

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi

I landed on 1st November and on 22nd December received a photo request. The photo request has the application number and 1 UCI number. My application had myself and my wife and daughter. They need the photo only for me or for my wife and daughter as well. The letter is addressed to my name and does not mention any details about my wife and daughter. Also it does not mention their UCI numbers.

Please help.
Hi @rohitks24,

I hope you got an email. I recommend you to retake photo for all your family members. Please check at the address you gave while landing, for any mails from IRCC for your family members.

Let me share my experience. I got an email for photo retake just for myself. No info about family. I just retook photo for all and sent only mine to IRCC. A week later, got a postal mail to retake photo for my kid. My wife's PR card also arrived. For now, myself and my kid have resent photos and awaiting PR card. With what people share here, I'm expecting to get them by end of Feb.

pavel2017

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Hi @rohitks24,

I hope you got an email. I recommend you to retake photo for all your family members. Please check at the address you gave while landing, for any mails from IRCC for your family members.

Let me share my experience. I got an email for photo retake just for myself. No info about family. I just retook photo for all and sent only mine to IRCC. A week later, got a postal mail to retake photo for my kid. My wife's PR card also arrived. For now, myself and my kid have resent photos and awaiting PR card. With what people share here, I'm expecting to get them by end of Feb.
I would recommend link ur application online and wait few days to see if urs and sons changes to approved. If yes, send your wifes only.

induscan17

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
I would recommend link ur application online and wait few days to see if urs and sons changes to approved. If yes, send your wifes only.
Thanks for your response. As I said, my wife already got her PR card. Only myself and my kid were asked to resend photos.

I have tried several times with no success to link my application online. Not sure why. Tried with every available option. I have seen a few people having the same issue. I know calling isn’t going to help more than the agent asking me to wait.