+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Hey guys
A few days ago I called IRCC and chose self-service. Before reading from my CIC account, the system says : if your photos were received on or after September 14th, it's not yet been processed and it will take 70 days.
Really funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The automated message I heard over the phone was different.
What it said was if your application was sent after Sept 14th, then it's not being processed yet.
It's not talking about people who were asked to resubmit photos.
For anyone following this thread, ircc has begun working on your application already, just interrupted because of unsatisfactory photos.

I was told that resubmitting photos could delay the processing by one to two months.
Even in the worst case, it can't be worse than resubmitting an application.
Right now getting a first PR card takes 61 days while getting a renewal takes 71 days.

But bear in mind the office will be closed for about a week for the upcoming holidays.

curvemaker

Nov 28, 2016
Hi Guys I received the email and the deadline for resend pictures is 30 days. Is everyone 180 days ? Anyone also 30 days? Why there is a difference? Thanks.

sjoshua2007

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
qatar
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LONDON LVO
App. Filed.......
04/07/2017
Doc's Request.
29-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-08-2017 SA
File Transfer...
19/09/2017
Med's Request
17-08-2017
Med's Done....
21-08-2017
Interview........
no need
Passport Req..
28/02/2018
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon with god's grace
Hi every one. I am July applicant. waiting for DM. How you guys were received COPR by email or postal?

nomanahmed

Nov 29, 2017
Thank you , can you please guide how can I check the status via the CiC? I dialed this number but it says the number cannot be reached.

Didn’t you use tracking for your photos?
Also you can talk to an agent, you can check your CIC account as well.
This is the IRCC number:
‭+1 (888) 242-2100‬

induscan17

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi Guys,
My timeline
Date of Landing : 26/08/2017
New photo request: 11/10/2017
New photo received by CIC: 13/10/2017
Status change to approved: 4/12/2017
Actual card yet to be received.

Hope this helps people following this thread religiously like I was.
Hi mate,

Which CPC were you asked to send the photos? Also, did you attach the letter received from IRCC?

The reason I ask is, they have specified to attach it along with the photos to avoid processing delays. Frankly, with present timelines it seems they are considering this as a new request. 6-8 weeks wait after re-sending photos is unacceptable since the application was already in queue and should be given priority. Good luck!

vineetbahri

Nov 7, 2017
Hi mate,

Which CPC were you asked to send the photos? Also, did you attach the letter received from IRCC?

The reason I ask is, they have specified to attach it along with the photos to avoid processing delays. Frankly, with present timelines it seems they are considering this as a new request. 6-8 weeks wait after re-sending photos is unacceptable since the application was already in queue and should be given priority. Good luck!
Hey, I had to send it to the Sydney office and yes, the copy of the letter also had to be sent along with the pictures. I guess once the pictures turn out to be not in line with the specifications laid down by IRCC, the application is put back to square one.

nwz_shaikh

Oct 31, 2017
hi, can you please guide how do you check your CiC account? Is there an app or website? Thanks.
Hi, you can link your application at cic.gc.ca and logging in via sign-in partners or gckey... once you are logged in, you can link the application by trying different combinations of questions asked.

induscan17

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hey, I had to send it to the Sydney office and yes, the copy of the letter also had to be sent along with the pictures. I guess once the pictures turn out to be not in line with the specifications laid down by IRCC, the application is put back to square one.
Ok, thanks for the quick response. Good luck in receiving your PR card soon.

Reactions: vineetbahri

nwz_shaikh

Oct 31, 2017
Hi Guys,
My timeline

Hi,
Congratulations first of all.
Can you please share the timeline when your status changed to Additional documents being uploaded to Approved.

Thanks

vineetbahri

Nov 7, 2017
Hi,
Congratulations first of all.
Can you please share the timeline when your status changed to Additional documents being uploaded to Approved.

Thanks
It was showing “submitted” till yesterday and it changed to “approved” today. It never showed “additional documents being uploaded” - unless I missed an update.

nwz_shaikh

Oct 31, 2017
It was showing “submitted” till yesterday and it changed to “approved” today. It never showed “additional documents being uploaded” - unless I missed an update.
Thanks vineetbahri for prompt response.
Actually this is shown in the application status when you click on check status and messages. There are few other things showing in that part like medical status, background check etc.
If you can recall checking it, please share as it will be of great help.

Thanks a lot.

rahuldokwal

May 31, 2016
Hi
An agent told me it may take more than 2.5 months.
I have been waiting for 48 days and no updates.
Send your photos as soon as possible. As usual, they are facing backlogs.
Thanks much. When the agent told you about the timeline? Did he also mentioned for which date they are clearing the backlog?

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Hi Guys,
My timeline

Congrats and thank you for sharing the update.
This shows they are finally onto photos received after Oct 5th.