+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

canada108

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How does some one knows the PR card is approved? do we receive an email? I don't see anything in my cic account.

capt.nemo

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Hey guys got an update to share with everyone

I called IRCC on friday afternoon and hey confirmed dispatch of PR cards on 16-OCT-2017..
I asked for tracking number.. so that i can contact CANADA POST to track and they said .. it is shipped via regular mail hence no tracking number available....

I checked CANADA POST website to understand the package transit time and found that national level shipments take around 4 days for delivery excluding the day of shipment.. so i was expecting my PR card on friday otherwise this week...

I checked my mailbox every 2 hours on Friday and dint find anything....

Later at 8. p.m. i checked it and found my PR card in mailbox....

In short from the day CIC dispatches it..... you should receive it within 5 business days.

My timeline :
Landing 6 jun
Photo request - 2 aug
Photo received - 8 Aug
PR card received - 20-Oct...

wish you update for PR card very soon !!
Did you have any updates online?

king2016

Sep 1, 2016
Hi All,

Landing Date: 29th June 2017
Photo Request: 23rd August 2017
Photos Delivered: 30th August 2017
PR Card Approved: 20th October 2017

Good luck everyone.
Cause I am yet to receive any email or notification for my pr card
I landed on the 27th June, 2017
photo request: 23 august 2017
Photo received on 28th August 2017
And no update on cic or email. Please advise wher it will say pr card approved pls

king2016

Sep 1, 2016
Hi Everyone,
Landed: 02-Jul
Photo Request: 23-Aug
Photos Received at CIC: 29-Aug
Status Changed to Approved: 22-Oct
Can anyone pl help to know how many days should it take to be received?
Thanks.
Hi,
so here is my situation,
I landed on the 27th June, 2017
photo request: 23 august 2017
Photo received on 28th August 2017
And no update on cic or email. Please advise where to view status changed

rabih

Mar 29, 2015
10-may-2017: Landed in Toronto
25-may-2017: returned back to my home country to finish work commitments
19-July-2017 : received email requesting new photos
28-July-2017 : Photos received by IRCC Immigration Canada (photos was sent on 24th of july via dhl from outside canada)
05-oct -2017 : PR cards for 3 of the 4 family members were delivered
20-oct-2017 : Last PR card was delivered and the case is closed.

here some observations:
  • you can send the pictures from outside Canada without any issue
  • you can get PRTD after first landing easily with a simple process but you must show that you will be able to meet the minimum of 730 days of physical presence in Canada within fiveyears of the date you became a permanent resident. documents you should have are listed but most important are the following sin number document/ COPR / Bank account not obligatory / Rent document even not active but not obligatory .
  • when you call CIC they provide you with current files in process date but this is not updated day by day . so for example file in process might be for photo retakes received by cic on 25 July , you can call for two weeks and still the date is not updated but when it update you will notice it will be for mid august and so on
  • PR cards for same family who landed together may be delivered on different dates even though all belong to same main applicant
  • Dont panic , PR card is a proof you are a Permanent resident , not having the card will not deny you permanent residency but you will need it to travel. you can apply for it and get it and it is your right.

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Hello friends!!

I would like to say thanks all of you who give their important time and help others on this site. Here is my timeline and result.
ITA date : 3rd April
AOR date : 11 may
Marriage date :18 may
Add spouse name date : June 12
Medical pass date : end of June
Ask for additional marriage pics : September 18
PPR : 25 September
Passport send date for me : 29 September
Passport send date for my wife : 2 October
My wife got passport back at 18 October
I just called at cic and agent said I’ll get till next week bcz they already post it form Ottawa.

I have one last concern. I must have to go back my home country for some reason at November 19 and I’m planning to come back at end of February. I have two options to do landing.
1: Once I’ll get my passport then immediately I’ll do landing and then apply for travel documents and then go back home.
2: I’ll go back home and then do landing when I’ll Come back at Toronto airport with my wife.

If I’ll choose option 2 then do I face any problem at airport?

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
10-may-2017: Landed in Toronto
25-may-2017: returned back to my home country to finish work commitments
19-July-2017 : received email requesting new photos
28-July-2017 : Photos received by IRCC Immigration Canada (photos was sent on 24th of july via dhl from outside canada)
i am still waiting my PR card but i guess it i should be soon considering other comments.
I processed permanent resident travel document to get back to canada. it took 10 days processing and was simple .
Hi,

Can you help me with a few queries, if possible?

Three questions:-
1. Did you get new photos taken from outside Canada?
2. Have you received your PR card issued now?
3. From which country did you apply for PRTD to go back to Canada and what docs did you submit along with PRTD form?

Thanks

rabih

Mar 29, 2015
Hi,

Can you help me with a few queries, if possible?

Three questions:-
1. Did you get new photos taken from outside Canada?
2. Have you received your PR card issued now?
3. From which country did you apply for PRTD to go back to Canada and what docs did you submit along with PRTD form?

Thanks

1.yes outside canada just make sure you abide to photo specification in size and lighting .
2.yes in two batches as indicated above.
3.lebanon and the list is documented in this pdf http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5627E.pdf
most important are the copr / sin document and you write a letter explaining why you left and how many days you still have on your PR which guarantee you still have 730 days on your PR cycle. you need to mention a date of travel but usually they give you 6 months valid prtd.

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
1.yes outside canada just make sure you abide to photo specification in size and lighting .
3.lebanon and the list is documented in this pdf http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5627E.pdf
most important are the copr / sin document and you write a letter explaining why you left and how many days you still have on your PR which guarantee you still have 730 days on your PR cycle. you need to mention a date of travel but usually they give you 6 months valid prtd.
Thanks for your replies. Really appreciate it.

As an aside, one more question: did you mention to IO at Port of Entry (first time) that you have come for short landing?

Thanks

anurag0071

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Did you have any updates online?
Hi,

No updates in my CIC account using GC key.

I tried linking my PR card application 100 times but couldnt suceed... i know we can do it but in my case i wasnt able to link it ... i tried all options.. UCI family name,.. application number,,,, name family name country of birth...etc////
however it failed... system was not able to find my application.... with provided info..

Hope it helps...

hopefully you should get your PR cards by this week.. else it would have been misplaced...

Call CIC today

Batman4789

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here...

Application Submitted: 23 June, 2017 (Myself & Spouse)
PPR with Photograph: 12 September 2017
PP Received: 14 September 2017
Passport was sent back requesting new photos.
PP + New photos Received: 29 September 2017
Waiting for PP + Copr!

My concern here is ... My wife needs to be in India by November 1st for her father's surgery but I havent received any update from CIC(they have both our passport). My wife is with me in canada in her work permit.When I contacted my Local MP they said my application was approved on September 12th but they cannot expedite the process.

Can someone advise what should be my next step? Feeling confused!!! :(
Finally Got my Application Approved and received my Passport Yesterday :)

Application Submitted: 23 June, 2017 (Myself & Spouse)
PPR with Photograph: 12 September 2017
PP Received: 14 September 2017
Passport was sent back requesting new photos.
PP + New photos Received: 29 September 2017
Called CIC : 17 October 2017 (just to verify)
Application Approved : 19 October 2017
Tracker Activated :20 October 2017
PP Received: 23 October 2017

All the best Guys :)

Reactions: tari7499

rabih

Mar 29, 2015
Thanks for your replies. Really appreciate it.

As an aside, one more question: did you mention to IO at Port of Entry (first time) that you have come for short landing?

Thanks
no , usually on you first entry you are not yet a permanent resident so the officer processing your first entry have the right to deny you access and permanent residency . i dont think it is a good idea to show you have no intention to reside although it is just a short trip back home.

Reactions: Mumbai_Indians

RZK

May 9, 2016
Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
27-02-2011
AOR Received.
06-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2016
Med's Request
07-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2016
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
17-08-2017
Hi,
How long did it take for the embassy to issue the PRTD? I want to do it in December and need to travel back early January.
Thanks,
Rania

yikelin

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
09-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Upfront medical 9th March 2017
Passport Req..
24-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
08-07-2017
Landed 8th July 2017 we got picture request on the 31st aug sent them that day . Got to them some time early sept did not track . Just checked mycic and it has been approved for all members of my family

Reactions: Mumbai_Indians