+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

ankcan

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
rohangk said:
I think If your PR Card processing happens after 6 months of the original photo which was submitted for COPR then new photographs are requested.
Not sure that is true, my photos were from End May and received new photo request today, exactly 2 months after landing

ankcan

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
nasha27 said:
Hi All

So I got the PR Card photo Email today, though the specs are same as the one I submitted (Got PPR in Jan 2016 with same photo specs). The email is addressed to me and doesn't mention about photographs of my wife? My timeline is below and I would appreciate expert advice on few question:

Landed: 16 April 2016
Photo Request: 04 August 2016 (110 Days / 3.5 months)

1. Should I send the photos for both me and wife?
2. What needs to submitted in addition to the photograph, since nothing is mentioned in the letter.
3. What options available to post the photos? and can we track them?
4. If anyone is aware of good photography options in Vancouver for PR Card
5. Can I use the photos previously provided if they match the spec?

A lot is awaiting on PR Cards, all BC ids are awaiting PR cards...even Tangerine needs PR card or photo ID to remove restriction on my account :(
Thank you guys for sharing and advising in advance.

To answer the first question I would say wait a couple of days. My wife got an email yesterday to send photos, and apparently I got one today. So you might get the second email as well provided you gave an email ID in her profile as well.

nasha27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ankcan said:
To answer the first question I would say wait a couple of days. My wife got an email yesterday to send photos, and apparently I got one today. So you might get the second email as well provided you gave an email ID in her profile as well.
I am not sure about her email ID in her profile. Is there a way to check that? We might have provide that information for dependents in original forms...not sure though.... or may be they have send a Mail for her in absence of email address in their records.

I will just wait for a couple of days for any correspondence and then send the photographs.

ankcan

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
nasha27 said:
I am not sure about her email ID in her profile. Is there a way to check that? We might have provide that information for dependents in original forms...not sure though.... or may be they have send a Mail for her in absence of email address in their records.

I will just wait for a couple of days for any correspondence and then send the photographs.

Maybe they would have accepted her photos :) you never know.
In the PR application form online when you add dependent it asks for communication details - email and phone.
Thats where I filled.

sasovivo

Aug 5, 2016
Plz help urgently:
1- i was asked to send new photos one week ago and i send 2 photos which i brought with from my own country with the specific requirments before my landing ,my question is :
1-the photos which i send was taken 3 months ago before landing by 2 days and they need it to be within 6 months so if the processing was delayed so it will pass the 6 months so they will ask me about new photos ? or they consider it valid as it was received by cic within range (6 months) and the delay of processing is the reason???!!!

2- the address of photography is in my own country as i took it before coming to canada by 2 days,so will it be refused as they need it to be taken in a canadian studio????

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
I had the same case but no one replied so I went to Shoppers Drug mart had new photos taken and sent those with a letter that I have sent before but just to be sure if they have been delivered I am sending another set of photos.

When PR card came they had used the ones I sent later from Shoppers Drug mart - so there must be something wrong with the ones I got from my country.

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
anandg12 said:
Hello,

When I landed in Toronto on June 4th, I asked the Immigration officer if they need any additional photos (they were 50mmx70mm so not sure why they are asking for them again) but they said no and now IRCC has asked to resubmit new photos within 60 days. I did a short landing and now I am back in my home country and plan to permanently move to Toronto in late October. So my question is:

1. Can I get photo taken in any country outside or in Canada only?
2. Can these photos be mailed from outside Canada? The address specified is a PO box so not sure if FedEx or DHL can deliver there.
3. After I resubmit, is it a 60 day wait again?
4. Is it a good idea to apply for PR travel document in case my card processing does not happen by October end (I gave my relatives address for PR card delivery). What is the validity period of PR travel document?

Thanks for your reply in advance.
Can anyone help with questions above?

TAHA1111

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
lvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 july 2014
Doc's Request.
17 June 2015
Nomination.....
13 nov. 14
Med's Request
17th June 15
Med's Done....
27th June 15, newborn medical was done on 1st Nov 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22nd March.2016
anandg12 said:
Can anyone help with questions above?
U can send pics from outside Canada as many ppl reported it. Send within 60 days. U can apply for travel document at the same time as many ppl reported it didn't interfere with their pr card processing

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Guys did you ask the photographer to write your names and DOB or did they just write their studio details?
Has anybody submitted a glossy picture and got pr card?

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
People who sent photos from outside Canada, did you send by courier (FedEx/DHL) or regular mail? Appreciate any responses.

danielsue

Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
Med's Request
15-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-05-2016
Will resubmitting photo after landing require another 2 month+ waiting? My wife's photo has no problem and she has already got her card. Actually I don't know why my photo does not meet the requirement since both photos were took by the same photographer at the same time.

atanubec

Aug 13, 2014
However, since they do not deliver on PO Box, DHL through third party courier sent it to below address and a guy named Dan received it.

Immigration Canada
47-49 Dorchester St
Sydney Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

CIC received it June 16 and I received PR card after 3 weeks. My friends case, CIC received it May 25 and he receive PR card after a week and it uses the new photos we sent.
[/quote]

Is the address for courier correct? In CIC website the following is mentioned. Please advise:

Case Processing Centre – PR Card
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
Just to let you know that Canada post do deliver to PO box and I got its signed and everything. It was delivered yesterday so hopefully it will be quick now

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
hegarty147 said:
Just to let you know that Canada post do deliver to PO box and I got its signed and everything. It was delivered yesterday so hopefully it will be quick now
What about sending from outside of Canada, is it advised to send through regular mail or courier should be ok?

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my tracking record.

Landed June 6th.
Photo received Aug 8th.
Expect PR Card September 18th