+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

world_seller18

Jul 26, 2016
ain08 said:
Hi Guys,

The long wait is finally over. Behold the most awaited PR Card. Below is my timeline.

Landed: April 08
Photo Request: June 09 (through email)
CIC Received Photo: June 16
PR Card dispatched: July 12
PR Card received: July 21 (Edmonton Alberta)

Big thanks to this forum. Best wishes to all and I hope you also received yours very soon.
Hi ain08 .. Congrats on your PR.. Just wanna ask .. how did you know its dispatched? Is there like a number to call to check the update or a website? because my timings are exactly like your but still no luck on the Cards .. Hopefully they did receive the photos and no need to resend them again ..

prforme

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-2015
AOR Received.
17-apr-2015
IELTS Request
Ip on 9 Oct 2015
File Transfer...
24-mar-2015
Med's Request
Remed req 14_12_2015
Med's Done....
10-dec-2014
Passport Req..
DM on 10 Jan 16 n ppr 11 jan 16
I had submitted case specific Enquiry on 21 July n got reply to submit new photos as prev pics were not meeting specs . First Enquiry was sent in June n nothing was asked that time

ain08

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
world_seller18 said:
Hi ain08 .. Congrats on your PR.. Just wanna ask .. how did you know its dispatched? Is there like a number to call to check the update or a website? because my timings are exactly like your but still no luck on the Cards .. Hopefully they did receive the photos and no need to resend them again ..
Hello,

I did call CIC. Honestly, I had few attempt until a nice agent took some time to look at my file. Considering the recent PR card trend, I am sure your PR card might also be on its way.

ain08

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
To all those who has been recently requested photos, I would really recommend to send it either DHL, FedEx or any other courier that would confirm that CIC received your photos. I followed few forums and based on the trend I notice, those who send it via DHL or FedEx, PR card tends to be released faster. I maybe wrong as it varies from one week to four weeks. In my case, it is 3 weeks, but a friend had it in a week. We both used DHL.

I know this is a bit expensive than regular mail but I believe you are paying peace of mind as you know you can track it and a confirmed signature that they receive it.

Cheers.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
ain08 said:
To all those who has been recently requested photos, I would really recommend to send it either DHL, FedEx or any other courier that would confirm that CIC received your photos. I followed few forums and based on the trend I notice, those who send it via DHL or FedEx, PR card tends to be released faster. I maybe wrong as it varies from one week to four weeks. In my case, it is 3 weeks, but a friend had it in a week. We both used DHL.

I know this is a bit expensive than regular mail but I believe you are paying peace of mind as you know you can track it and a confirmed signature that they receive it.

Cheers.
There may be truth in this. I sent mine by Canada Post (registered, so I still got the signature) and I still don't have my PR card. They received my photos on May 27.

world_seller18

Jul 26, 2016
ain08 said:

Cheers.
Thank you for your information. Well can you please share the address to send it by DHL since the address which was provided in the letter is a POBox which DHL or any other corrier cannot deliver to a POBox.

The address which I had in my letter is as follows:

Case Processing Center - Permanent Resident Card
PO Box 4500 – PRC Mailroom
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

Regards,

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
I am asked to send new photos, as well. Does it suffice to send the photos only with CIC's email attached as required, or do I have to fill out a whole application for an initial PR card, as well? They only ask for the photos in their email though and that I send them to Sidney in NS.

ain08

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
world_seller18 said:
Thank you for your information. Well can you please share the address to send it by DHL since the address which was provided in the letter is a POBox which DHL or any other corrier cannot deliver to a POBox.

The address which I had in my letter is as follows:

PO Box 4500 – PRC Mailroom
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

Regards,
Hi, I sent my photos on the address provided by CIC:-

PO Box 4500 - PRC Mailroom
Sydney Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

However, since they do not deliver on PO Box, DHL through third party courier sent it to below address and a guy named Dan received it.

Immigration Canada
47-49 Dorchester St
Sydney Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

CIC received it June 16 and I received PR card after 3 weeks. My friends case, CIC received it May 25 and he receive PR card after a week and it uses the new photos we sent.

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
ain08 said:
Hi, I sent my photos on the address provided by CIC:-

PO Box 4500 - PRC Mailroom
Sydney Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

However, since they do not deliver on PO Box, DHL through third party courier sent it to below address and a guy named Dan received it.

Immigration Canada
47-49 Dorchester St
Sydney Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

CIC received it June 16 and I received PR card after 3 weeks. My friends case, CIC received it May 25 and he receive PR card after a week and it uses the new photos we sent.
hey ...so you sent to the po box and then dhl then sent it to another address...so it was not returned to for u to send again

nasha27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

So I got the PR Card photo Email today, though the specs are same as the one I submitted (Got PPR in Jan 2016 with same photo specs). The email is addressed to me and doesn't mention about photographs of my wife? My timeline is below and I would appreciate expert advice on few question:

Landed: 16 April 2016
Photo Request: 04 August 2016 (110 Days / 3.5 months)

1. Should I send the photos for both me and wife?
2. What needs to submitted in addition to the photograph, since nothing is mentioned in the letter.
3. What options available to post the photos? and can we track them?
4. If anyone is aware of good photography options in Vancouver for PR Card
5. Can I use the photos previously provided if they match the spec?

A lot is awaiting on PR Cards, all BC ids are awaiting PR cards...even Tangerine needs PR card or photo ID to remove restriction on my account :(
Thank you guys for sharing and advising in advance.

hkcec

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
AOR Received.
15-07-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
(Decision Made) 30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 04-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-2016
nasha27 said:
Hi All

So I got the PR Card photo Email today, though the specs are same as the one I submitted (Got PPR in Jan 2016 with same photo specs). The email is addressed to me and doesn't mention about photographs of my wife? My timeline is below and I would appreciate expert advice on few question:

Landed: 16 April 2016
Photo Request: 04 August 2016 (110 Days / 3.5 months)

1. Should I send the photos for both me and wife?
2. What needs to submitted in addition to the photograph, since nothing is mentioned in the letter.
3. What options available to post the photos? and can we track them?
4. If anyone is aware of good photography options in Vancouver for PR Card
5. Can I use the photos previously provided if they match the spec?

A lot is awaiting on PR Cards, all BC ids are awaiting PR cards...even Tangerine needs PR card or photo ID to remove restriction on my account :(
Thank you guys for sharing and advising in advance.
Though I can't answer any of your questions, I have the same timeline as yours, received new photos request after 3.5 months of waiting!

nasha27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hkcec said:
Though I can't answer any of your questions, I have the same timeline as yours, received new photos request after 3.5 months of waiting!
My specs were same as the one they have sent now. I have extra photos, which I will check with specs again....but anyways will have to send new ones. Hope we get the cards soon.

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
I think If your PR Card processing happens after 6 months of the original photo which was submitted for COPR then new photographs are requested.

nasha27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohangk said:
I think If your PR Card processing happens after 6 months of the original photo which was submitted for COPR then new photographs are requested.
Ohh, that makes sense! Coz I believe the date on photos I mentioned was last week of January 2016.

....this means they probably waited for the six months to end at 26 July for PR Card processing (i.e. after 100 days of landing). which is upsetting :(

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Hello,

When I landed in Toronto on June 4th, I asked the Immigration officer if they need any additional photos (they were 50mmx70mm so not sure why they are asking for them again) but they said no and now IRCC has asked to resubmit new photos within 60 days. I did a short landing and now I am back in my home country and plan to permanently move to Toronto in late October. So my question is:

1. Can I get photo taken in any country outside or in Canada only?
2. Can these photos be mailed from outside Canada or within? The address specified is a PO box so not sure if FedEx or DHL can deliver there.
3. After I resubmit, is it a 60 day wait again?
4. Is it a good idea to apply for PR travel document in case my card processing does not happen by October end (I gave my relatives address for PR card delivery). What is the validity period of PR travel document?

Thanks for your reply in advance.