+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

Freebirdgadoozle

Aug 3, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am seeing a trend here. Those who landed in Nov/Dec are being asked for photo resubmission and there have not received their PR card.

Whereas those who landed in 2016, have a very short turnaround time after hoto retake request.

K_babelo said:
Became a Resident on Dec 25, 2015
Request for new pics - March 18, 2015
Sent photos the next day
no info after that

based on what one call center agent (out of 10 times I tried) told me - my card went into production May 6, then there was some ERROR

now when i am trying to call them to figure out what kind of "error" and what is going on with the card, since it's been half a year from my landing; they are telling me that they don't have any comments/information regarding my case,and I should just wait."if anything happens, they will contact me" :mad: :mad: :mad:

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
has anyone called CIC and checked whether they will use alternative service to mail our PR cards once the Canada Post goes on strike?
I wonder if our PR cards (if mailed out by CIC) will sit with Canada Post till the strike ends.

geordie lass

Jul 22, 2015
Hi, we landed on 4/4/16 in calgary then returned to uk to settle our affairs. We were told PR cards would be issued within 2 months, no mention that we could encounter any delays or problems. In June they requested another photo for myself which they received 21/6. After chasing them through emergency route they have today requested more photos for one of my kids. No reason for rejecting photos and we are lost as to the reason. Could it be the school emblem on his school uniform??? Now having to travel to London to get special travel docs for flight already booked to Canada on 31st June 2016. Does anyone know if I can use this document for a vacation in August or is it a one off to get into canada on 31st July. Thanks guys

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
geordie lass said:
Could it be the school emblem on his school uniform??? Now having to travel to London to get special travel docs for flight already booked to Canada on 31st June 2016. Does anyone know if I can use this document for a vacation in August or is it a one off to get into canada on 31st July. Thanks guys
Unfortunately, the travel document can only be used once. The whole procedure is also not really designed for a vacation trip since in principle it takes 3 weeks to obtain.

As for the reason for requesting pictures, I don't think anyone knows, could be anything. I think mine were rejected because the flash was too bright. Overall it is pretty absurd and there isn't any option other than sending new ones.

prforme

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-2015
AOR Received.
17-apr-2015
IELTS Request
Ip on 9 Oct 2015
File Transfer...
24-mar-2015
Med's Request
Remed req 14_12_2015
Med's Done....
10-dec-2014
Passport Req..
DM on 10 Jan 16 n ppr 11 jan 16
Freebirdgadoozle said:
Hi Guys,

I am seeing a trend here. Those who landed in Nov/Dec are being asked for photo resubmission and there have not received their PR card.

Whereas those who landed in 2016, have a very short turnaround time after hoto retake request.
I landed in February 2016 photos req in apr .. No update my friend

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Hi guys
My wife called CIC this morning and they told her that her PR CARD was mailed out last week (on Tuesday). The agent told her with confidence that Canada Post has resumed their services and CIC will mail out cards normally.

espg_007

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
edmonton1985 said:
Hi guys
My wife called CIC this morning and they told her that her PR CARD was mailed out last week (on Tuesday). The agent told her with confidence that Canada Post has resumed their services and CIC will mail out cards normally.
That is great! Congrats and thank you for sharing the good news. When did you resubmit photos? End of April I believe?

Gods Not Dead

Feb 23, 2016
Haie guy
We landed Feb 3rd
Photo request March 30th
Resent March 31st received April 5 ish
Called 2 weeks ago cic says photo's are in the system ,I'm guessing that means they were acepted I will be calling today to find out more ! Sucks cause our immigration officer didn't have us sign the first set of photos then said we should receive our cards in may ! Now because of photo problems we went into back log and it's taking forever ! Don't even think I can go on my vacation these people should give you travel documents once you land cause they know damn well it take's forever to process PR cards , they are not considerate at all. :-[

Stealth Assasin

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP & RPRF in May 2015; Additional Docs Sept 2015
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
January 2016, Thank God!!
LANDED..........
InLand
Good News :)

IRCC has resumed using Canada Post mail services

Effective July 11, 2016, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has resumed normal processing and shipping procedures using Canada Post mail services.

We are monitoring the Canada Post situation and will provide new instructions as needed.

07Toronto07

May 7, 2015
tommypau76 said:
hi everyone!!

can someone please write the cic number to call for info?

my photos received by the man doug stephenson on april 25, no update since then...

thxxx and good luck everyone!
HI Have you received your card or any update on your file? I am in the same boat as you, Doug S has received my new pics on 25 april and no news after that.

07Toronto07

May 7, 2015
Hello members,
I have landed in January and they asked me to resend my pics in April, DOUG STEPHENSON has received it on April 25th and no news ever since. When I call them they do not even take my application number to check my case, will call the call center again and try my luck with another agent. Anyone in a similar situation please update me

07Toronto07

May 7, 2015
07Toronto07 said:
Hello members,
I have landed in January and they asked me to resend my pics in April, DOUG STEPHENSON has received it on April 25th and no news ever since. When I call them they do not even take my application number to check my case, will call the call center again and try my luck with another agent. Anyone in a similar situation please update me

Called again and this time the agent told me that my card has been shipped out on july 4th. Hopefully I will receive it this week

Good day guys

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to share this good news here! My wife FINALLY received her PR CARD TODAY in the mail! Finally, this painful wait is over!
She landed here on March 6th
Photos resubmitted to CIC: Apr. 22, 2016
Photos received by CIC: Apr 25, 2016
PR Card received: July 15, 2016

I will still be on this forum occasionally to provide any help (if needed). I want to thank everyone on this forum for being so helpful when it came to advising in a timely manner. I hope everyone who is still waiting will receive their PR cards very soon!