+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request new photographs for PR Card after landing - add your case here

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
747-captain said:
Hello everyone!

I applied under the FSW and landed in February of 2016. Below are my pertinent details:

Landed: February 23, 2016

Received request for photos: April 12, 2016

Photos RECEIVED in Sydney, NS at their P.O. box address: May 02, 2016 (pics taken at studio in Oakland, CA and sent by Express priority mail)

I called the CIC customer service center twice. I called on the 1st of June and the rep was polite but refused to even check anything.

Then I called again on the 3rd and this rep said that "there is no set processing time when a photo request goes out. Not even an estimate", which is truly incredible. Then when I then asked "so it could take any amount of time? like 1 year? 2 years?", she said yes, and I'm paraphrasing, that there is a processing time established if no photo request is made, but if a photo request is made then all bets are off and that it could take any amount of time. This is quite unbelievable and shocking that there is no accountability whatsoever in such a circumstance!
I called today as well and the agent almost told me the same story. He told me there is no set timeline. However, the agent who i spoke to last time told me that it is approximately taking 50 to 60 calendar days for people who were asked to re submit photos. So the biggest problem CIC has is every agent tells a different story and who should we trust. There is absolutely no consistency and no accountability whatsoever!
I also found out today that sometimes they dont even open our envelopes for a month.
Cic received my wife's re submitted pics on April 25th and i m hoping to get her PR by the end of June. I just wish we could somehow get in touch with the pr processing center office.

sarad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
I called today as well and the agent almost told me the same story. He told me there is no set timeline. However, the agent who i spoke to last time told me that it is approximately taking 50 to 60 calendar days for people who were asked to re submit photos. So the biggest problem CIC has is every agent tells a different story and who should we trust. There is absolutely no consistency and no accountability whatsoever!
I also found out today that sometimes they dont even open our envelopes for a month.
Cic received my wife's re submitted pics on April 25th and i m hoping to get her PR by the end of June. I just wish we could somehow get in touch with the pr processing center office.
It's not sometimes that they don't open our envelopes for a month. It's always at least 45 days that they don't open our envelopes. Once our envelope reaches there, they keep it on the bottom of the big pile and it remains there until it reaches the top of the pile (at least 45 days), then 15 days of card production and mailing to reach us.

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
PER: 14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Email this to minister@cic.gc.ca
Minister of Immigration and Citizenship: John McCallum

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
I have emailed and got an automatic reply that I will be responded in 30 days

xceptional88

Jul 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Yes

I did on 4th MAy 2016

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
xceptional88 said:
Yes

I did on 4th MAy 2016
Ok. I re submitted photos in last week of April and CIC received them on April 25th. I think we might get our PR cards by the end of this month HOPEFULLY!!

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
Ok. I re submitted photos in last week of April and CIC received them on April 25th. I think we might get our PR cards by the end of this month HOPEFULLY!!
i hope so...i don't want to pay $150 to push my ticket back and reschedule my vacation AGAIN..loool :-X

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
riddymon said:
i hope so...i don't want to pay $150 to push my ticket back and reschedule my vacation AGAIN..loool :-X
Yeah lets hope we receive them by the end of this month!
Did you re submit photos as well? and if you did, when did CIC receive it? Thanks.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton1985 said:
Yeah lets hope we receive them by the end of this month!
Did you re submit photos as well? and if you did, when did CIC receive it? Thanks.
Yeah, landed Feb 25th, got the resubmit request April 19th, sent my photos xpresspost to sydney. They got it the next day April 20th. Nothing since then.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
riddymon said:
Yeah, landed Feb 25th, got the resubmit request April 19th, sent my photos xpresspost to sydney. They got it the next day April 20th. Nothing since then.
Ok so we are almost on the same boat! CIC received my wife's photos on April 25th. I would appreciate if you can let me know once you receive PR card. I would do the same if I receive it! Thanks!

princelybean

Jun 1, 2016
Hi guys,

The status remain same even now.... photos were received by CIC on 2nd may but no firm response from call center. Rightly said in one of the responses...each CIC member is giving a different response though a thing is common that no timelines....
Waiting for it. It was said that even the envelope has not been opened by them as file bears no comments after sending the letter.... Praying to God.

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
princelybean said:
Hi guys,

The status remain same even now.... photos were received by CIC on 2nd may but no firm response from call center. Rightly said in one of the responses...each CIC member is giving a different response though a thing is common that no timelines....
Waiting for it. It was said that even the envelope has not been opened by them as file bears no comments after sending the letter.... Praying to God.
Tell me about it. I would honestly like to know how the PR processing center operates. They should understand people have travel or vacation plans and we cannot wait for extended periods. Some people on this forum are waiting since last year. Who should be held accountable? I wonder if there is some contact number for PR processing center, so we can call them and talk to them. Even if you send an email asking about your status or leaving a feedback, the response time is like 30 days.