+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Whether I can Get Work Permit in this situation

Sunny925

Dec 8, 2018
Good day everyone. I just have a inquiry that if I already finished one accredited post-secondary program and quit another post-secondary program in the halfway, whether I can apply for work permit even it has been more than three months after my graduation from the first program, and will my application be hindered because of my quit from the second program?

(As my first program is only one year and not necessarily leads to three-year program, I am thinking learning another program and trying to find a job at the same time. But I am not sure whether I can apply for work permit if I find a job and quit from the second program. )

Thank you for all considerations and responses!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Good day everyone. I just have a inquiry that if I already finished one accredited post-secondary program and quit another post-secondary program in the halfway, whether I can apply for work permit even it has been more than three months after my graduation from the first program, and will my application be hindered because of my quit from the second program?

(As my first program is only one year and not necessarily leads to three-year program, I am thinking learning another program and trying to find a job at the same time. But I am not sure whether I can apply for work permit if I find a job and quit from the second program. )

Thank you for all considerations and responses!
You are not eligible for pgwp

Sunny925

Dec 8, 2018
You must apply for PGWP within 90 days of finishing or graduating school. You are over the 90 days so you are not eligible.
May I ask if I quit from the second program within three months I graduated from the first program, am I eligible to apply from work permit?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
You have already said in your first post it is over 3 months since you graduated. You do not qualify for the first course.

Reactions: Immstu

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
May I ask if I quit from the second program within three months I graduated from the first program, am I eligible to apply from work permit?
If you have confirmation that you have completed your first program such as your school transcript including a valid study permit then you are eligible for a PGWP.

But your post says you are over 90 days so i don't see what has changed for you to be eligible.

Sunny925

Dec 8, 2018
You have already said in your first post it is over 3 months since you graduated. You do not qualify for the first course.
Sorry my pool grammar might cause the mistake. In fact, I haven’t graduated from the first program, but I am going to pursue a second one. So what if I quit from the second program within three months of the first program (because I find a intense job), am I eligible in this case?

Sunny925

Dec 8, 2018
If you have confirmation that you have completed your first program such as your school transcript including a valid study permit then you are eligible for a PGWP.

But your post says you are over 90 days so i don't see what has changed for you to be eligible.
Sorry for my poor grammar, I was trying to make assumption to see whether I am eligible for work permit through the timeline. So actually if I finish the first program but quit the second one within three months, I am eligible right?
Thanks so much for your help!

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Sorry my pool grammar might cause the mistake. In fact, I haven’t graduated from the first program, but I am going to pursue a second one. So what if I quit from the second program within three months of the first program (because I find a intense job), am I eligible in this case?
Intense job? You may not work more than 20 hours a week. You risk your PGWP if you do. Just a note for you.