+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Medical Exam even after Upfront Medical Report submission

S.P.

Nov 3, 2018
Hello all,

I am in a weird situation. I applied for permanent residence on June 10th under AIP Intermediate Skilled Category. I already did upfront medical examination 2 months ago and attached that as well with my application. On July 16th, I got a message in my account requesting medical examination (IMM 1017 E). The problem is, when I opened my account to see the message, I also saw the status update on the application profile, which was:
Review of medical results 
July 16, 2019 You passed the medical exam.

I am not sure what to do now, as it says medical passed but asking medical exam on the other hand.

I have already filled a web form and tried to call CIC, but it says they can't connect me to an agent as they are busy.

Any leads will be highly appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance.
Then what you did?
I also have same situation
My medical was passed on 29th july but, on 1st August I received request form to do medical.
Please help me.
I have given medical test again on 3rd August

dhairya879

Jul 22, 2019
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Med's Request
16-06-2019
Then what you did?
I also have same situation
My medical was passed on 29th july but, on 1st August I received request form to do medical.
Please help me.
I have given medical test again on 3rd August
I contacted CIC through webform first, and then by calling.
From both, I got the same answer that my medical examination has been received by the corresponding office and I don't need to do anything. I was kind of sure about this as medical status says " Passed", which means my application has already passed the step for verification of medical examination.

Moreover, I am not sure how you were able to do the medical exam again because CIC allows you to appear for a medical exam only once in a span of 12 months.

Good Luck and please update if you get to know something useful

S.P.

Nov 3, 2018
I contacted CIC through webform first, and then by calling.
From both, I got the same answer that my medical examination has been received by the corresponding office and I don't need to do anything. I was kind of sure about this as medical status says " Passed", which means my application has already passed the step for verification of medical examination.

Moreover, I am not sure how you were able to do the medical exam again because CIC allows you to appear for a medical exam only once in a span of 12 months.

Good Luck and please update if you get to know something useful
I contacted to the panel physician he said that I should give medical test again as my old medical is expiring on 15th August so, it will be expired when I go to canada. So I gave medical test again and today my medical has been updated.
I am planning for September intake.

dhairya879

Jul 22, 2019
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Med's Request
16-06-2019
I contacted to the panel physician he said that I should give medical test again as my old medical is expiring on 15th August so, it will be expired when I go to canada. So I gave medical test again and today my medical has been updated.
I am planning for September intake.
Fair enough. Your medical results are valid for 12 months only, and,as you said, it is expiring on 15th August. That may be the reason for CIC asking you to do medical examination again. Nonetheless, you have done it so good luck.

For my case, it is still valid for 9 more months so I am not concerned about redoing the medical examination.

patpatia1

Jun 27, 2018
my question is of bit relevancy please tell me after sumisson of applycation genrally how many days it takes to receive the request for medical examination and what would be the imm form number your answer is much awaited

patpatia1

Jun 27, 2018
essentially how strictly they analyse your medical results. nothing we can do about it.

you can send CSE to them according to how much time u have been given to submit medical result. you can find more information and discuss it here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/people-with-upfront-medical-and-still-got-medical-request-answered-t455474.0.html
my question is of bit relevancy please tell me after sumisson of applycation genrally how many days it takes to receive the request for medical examination and what would be the imm form number your answer is much awaited

Jeevi461

Jan 27, 2020
I am in a unique situation.. I got my closed work permit in December and my wife and I did upfront medical examination for the same. She got an open work permit approval (however she hasn't landed in Canada). We applied for express entry and post ITA, since I am in Canada I went ahead and got another medical exam done and it went ok. When my wife in India, tried to get her medical examination done - the doctors told her she can't as her medical is still valid.

What we are confused is how did the system allow me to have a 2nd medical and not her. Is this a glitch? What's the suggested path?
Hi,
Is it a good sign getting a medical exam request for spousal open work permit?
Thanks

Ifeanyi77

Aug 9, 2022
I applied for study permit and submitted my medical as well. But, I got a message from IRCC asking for a medical. The hospital says the results have been sent to IRCC. I opened a CSE with IRCC. But, after submitting it, I get this "If your application is within normal processing times you will not receive a reply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada."

My application is still within the normal processing time. Does this mean that IRCC won't even look at my CSE? What should I do now?
Please how was this resolved?

Ifeanyi77

Aug 9, 2022
Hi all,
IRCC have updated their system regarding Medical examination. Now they only accept Medical examination after it is requested by the officer who is processing the application.
For this reason, any Medical report uploaded by the panel physician BEFORE you have an application number or UCI number will not be reflected on the e-medical system.
So wait until the Immigration officer request for medical examination and
what if we have done it already?

chioma4life

Aug 16, 2023
I got above email on 07/17/18, but they requested it only for my wife. I called my panel physician and they said they will look into it and called next day saying we submitted the results and also sent me a tracking sheet. I forwarded to IRCC and got request for passports (Final Request) the next day. Glad everything went smooth at the end.
pls i need help i did an upfront medicals but they are requesting for medicals i called my physician and they sent me a tracking sheet pls how do i forward it to ircc

chioma4life

Aug 16, 2023
I got above email on 07/17/18, but they requested it only for my wife. I called my panel physician and they said they will look into it and called next day saying we submitted the results and also sent me a tracking sheet. I forwarded to IRCC and got request for passports (Final Request) the next day. Glad everything went smooth at the end.
pls how did you forward to ircc