+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Medical Exam even after Upfront Medical Report submission

srnaveen

Jun 21, 2018
Hi, I had the same issue. Thanks for you solution it got resolved. How long did it take for you to get the approval of study permit, after the status of your medical examination changed to "passed"?

Mari Maria

Jul 10, 2018
I applied for study permit and submitted my medical as well. But, I got a message from IRCC asking for a medical. The hospital says the results have been sent to IRCC. I opened a CSE with IRCC. But, after submitting it, I get this "If your application is within normal processing times you will not receive a reply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada."

My application is still within the normal processing time. Does this mean that IRCC won't even look at my CSE? What should I do now?

Mari Maria

Jul 10, 2018
Hi,
Any updates on your situation about your medical?
Done upfront medical test but im thinking of not submitting it with my study visa application and wait for cic instruction to do medical test. Is that possible? Would it be ok to do that?

Mari Maria

Jul 10, 2018
Hi, I had the same issue. Thanks for you solution it got resolved. How long did it take for you to get the approval of study permit, after the status of your medical examination changed to "passed"?
Hi, you did upfront med too but cic asked for medical test? What did you do?
I did upfront med too but im thinking of not submitting it with my application but instead wait for cic instruction and will redo med exam.what do u think? Is it possible?

srnaveen

Jun 21, 2018
No. If you did upfront medical then submit it with the application. My case was different. I did medical after applying for Visa, before they requested. There are two ways, either take it upfront and submit it along with the application or wait for them to request and then take medical.

Mari Maria

Jul 10, 2018
No. If you did upfront medical then submit it with the application. My case was different. I did medical after applying for Visa, before they requested. There are two ways, either take it upfront and submit it along with the application or wait for them to request and then take medical.
My problem is that my upfront med test on chest xray says that i need to undergo sputum culture and from what i have been reading here it will cause a delay for almost 6 mos. And my loa has expiration for 6 mos as well. I will need to reapply and pay 500cad again if that happens.
So im thinking of not submitting my upfront med test and will undergo another medical test once cic request me too.
Im very sure im healthy bec i had xray here in our province

srnaveen

Jun 21, 2018
I see. Your situation is pretty different. But, it's better you talk to your panel physician who did your medical tests. Coz, you cannot take a medical test again unless you're asked to do so by CIC (you need to have a gap of at least a year). So I'd ask you to talk to the doctor directly, clearly stating your case.

adityabansod

Jul 12, 2018
I see. Your situation is pretty different. But, it's better you talk to your panel physician who did your medical tests. Coz, you cannot take a medical test again unless you're asked to do so by CIC (you need to have a gap of at least a year). So I'd ask you to talk to the doctor directly, clearly stating your case.
Hi srnaveen, I have the exact same situation as yours. Can you please tell me in detail how did you solve it ? A bit urgent

VishvaRana

May 14, 2018
I also have the same situation. I submitted my application and then did medical, before their request.
So, will they consider it?
I am waiting for medical request.

praneeth900

Apr 9, 2017
The panel physician responsible for your medical has not yet submitted results. Please contact your panel physician for further information and to complete any outstanding testing if required.
I got above email on 07/17/18, but they requested it only for my wife. I called my panel physician and they said they will look into it and called next day saying we submitted the results and also sent me a tracking sheet. I forwarded to IRCC and got request for passports (Final Request) the next day. Glad everything went smooth at the end.

Reactions: longvh

Tasrik_islam_akib

Jul 18, 2018
Hi,
I am from Bangladesh...I do my upfront medical test (advance medical test) on june 24 & my hospital told me they uploaded my result on 25th june ....i
submit my application on 4rth july...

now Embassy will call me again for medical test?....or on the case of upfront medical test they don’t call for medical checkup

KYBN

Jan 15, 2017
Hi,

I am a student in Canada and my wife has applied for an Open Work Visa from India.

She uploaded the Upfront Medical Report at the time of application submission on 18th of August. However, on 14th of Sept she received a request for Medical Exam again (Form IMM 1017E).

I called the IRCC call centre on 16th of Sept here from Canada and they told me that the medical report is not reflected in their system. My wife spoke to the hospital and they are telling that they have already sent the medical report. Not sure what is going on.

Now even if she goes through the medical again, there is no option in the online account to upload another document (as all the
documents were already uploaded at the time of application submission).

Please guide me through this problem.

Many Thanks
Udit Gupta
hey, i have same issue how did you solve yours one kindly share your experience with me it would be really helpful. TIA

KYBN

Jan 15, 2017
Hi,

My brother had this exact same issue. We waited for more than a month and ultimately turned out an issue with the IRCC system.
Meanwhile we sent out atleast a dozen communications to the High Commision without any response.

The way that it got finally solved is, he went physically to the hospital with all the documents and insisted on a re-exam. Now according to the rules it cannot be done before one year from original examination. So the hospital was in a fix and contacted the High Commision (they have a separate more responsive channel for communication). The next day High Commision said there is some issue with IRCC and they never received the form, although it showed submitted on hospitals end. The hospital can not resubmit it via the portal, so the doctor then resent it via email and it was processed in two days.

In short, go physically to the hospital, insist on meeting the doctor in charge, and put your case. They are the only ones that will be able to help. There will be no response from the Canadian High commision.

All the best!
hey, i have exactly same issue as yours and i have also been to dr.they already have sent an email to the canadian embessy. i just want to ask that how would you come to know that they have finally received medical certificate do they reply back to the respective dr. or to my agent ? TIA

waqar.azhar

Nov 27, 2018
I applied for SOWP for my wife with upfront medical but they have sent the medical request to me .. what should i do ? medical centre says they can't resubmit it and medicals are valid for one year.. how do i know where should i contact ? I applied online my wife is in pakistan

dhairya879

Jul 22, 2019
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
10-06-2019
Med's Request
16-06-2019
Hello all,

I am in a weird situation. I applied for permanent residence on June 10th under AIP Intermediate Skilled Category. I already did upfront medical examination 2 months ago and attached that as well with my application. On July 16th, I got a message in my account requesting medical examination (IMM 1017 E). The problem is, when I opened my account to see the message, I also saw the status update on the application profile, which was:
Review of medical results 
July 16, 2019 You passed the medical exam.

I am not sure what to do now, as it says medical passed but asking medical exam on the other hand.

I have already filled a web form and tried to call CIC, but it says they can't connect me to an agent as they are busy.

Any leads will be highly appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance.