+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Request for Documentary Evidence of Residence in Canada"

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
pedros said:
I'm sorry, but that is completely wrong. My passport hasn't been stamped once at YVR since becoming PR and using the automated border clearance. In fact, there is no requirement to even present your passport when using ABC.
Oh...but if you go to an officer, then you will be stamped, right? Wow, these automated things really make it difficult to keep track of the dates...

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nexxus007 said:
Oh...but if you go to an officer, then you will be stamped, right? Wow, these automated things really make it difficult to keep track of the dates...
Agreed. You get a receipt which you have to hand to an immigration officer on exit. It would be nice if you actually got two copies, with one you could retain. I ended up getting my CBSA record to confirm all the dates, which I appreciate is against the instructions in the application but I don't think I would have got all my dates correct without it.

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI all,
I am going to apply citizenship,
i have renew my passport ..but the last passort was expierd on
march 2013 , and i renewed it on oct 2013 , 6 months gap,,

My question is, will it be cause for rq...or not....plz advice
i never trevell scince landing......
And my new passports renewel page has previouse passpot number aswell ,,,and i have my previouse
passport with me ...
only problum is 6 month gap .....

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nexxus007 said:
No, the officer may or may not stamp. Technically, the stamp is an indication of admission to enter the country. As a PR, you dont apply for admission to enter Canada but rather you have the right to enter.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nexxus007 said:
Correction. If you land at the airport, your passport will definitely get stamped, whether PR or not. However, if you are driving through from the US, your passport might not get stamped.
No. I passed through customs at YYZ 17 times and only got 7 stamps. (Since my earlier comment, I have passed through U.S. and Canadian customs at airports twice each, but only got two passport stamps.)

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am trying to gather documents just in case I may need them. I would appreciate any advice on the following:

I had auto and condo insurance for the last 6 years continously with the same company. Even though I travelled during this period, I didn't cancel them. What sort of letter I should get from the Insurance Agent? Will this be helpfull?

Also, do I need to get bank statements for the last 6 years or a letter from Bank manager will suffice?

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
goodman36 said:
I am trying to gather documents just in case I may need them. I would appreciate any advice on the following:

I had auto and condo insurance for the last 6 years continously with the same company. Even though I travelled during this period, I didn't cancel them. What sort of letter I should get from the Insurance Agent? Will this be helpfull?

Also, do I need to get bank statements for the last 6 years or a letter from Bank manager will suffice?
Are you gathering htese for the test, or for your application?

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nexxus007 said:
Are you gathering htese for the test, or for your application?
For the interview after test. I had many travels, so I wanted to be prepared if they do provide this document...

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
mchakaal said:
Hi links18

Any update as to what happened to your friend who got the form?
MPs office inquired and CIC claims they are only waiting for clearances that had expired and that the file should be completed by the 36 month mark. They wouldn't lie to the MPs office would they?

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abcabc2020 said:
Any updates from those who got the CIT0520? How long did it take to get the oath after sending all the docs?
I got the same form in November but I did not have Health history so I called CIC they told me you send whatever you have and so on and I sent all docs in by Jan and still waiting for the Oath!!!!

abcabc2020

Jan 15, 2015
So once you receive this form during the interview or post test to provide a few documents ( not the full RQ), is your application considered to be non-routine ?

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abcabc2020 said:
So once you receive this form during the interview or post test to provide a few documents ( not the full RQ), is your application considered to be non-routine ?
Yes.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
abcabc2020 said:
Any updates from those who got the CIT0520? How long did it take to get the oath after sending all the docs?
In the case I am familiar with it took a little more than 10 months, but it really depends on your case and your local office.

abcabc2020

Jan 15, 2015
links18 said:
In the case I am familiar with it took a little more than 10 months, but it really depends on your case and your local office.
Thanks for sharing! But in the case you mentioned , it has the full RQ before the CIT0520 . Right? Or you mean even if you only got cit0520 even without the full RQ it will still take too long time to process ?