+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Request for Documentary Evidence of Residence in Canada"

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which means applicant who has multiple travels to the US are likely target people and are in risk of getting CIT-520.

New CIT-520 form mostly designed to ask for all pages of colour copy of all Passports, Rental/Mortgage document, Employment record, Original school transcript, Notice of Assessment, OHIP records and Entry/Exit records from other country..

However, under the new application from Feb, most people are providing all copies of passport, employment record, NOA which mostly covers the CIT-520... So, will have to see how the Feb onward applicant will be evaluated. The problem is if anyone fails to provide specific documents within the stipulated time frame will be at greater risk of file closing.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Yes, but the request for US border records at this late stage of the process is perplexing. CIC must know that it takes forever to get these records--if they are ever produced--and that delaying an application indefinitely for a document that does not yet exist would be unlikely to withstand challenge given their limited probative value.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Also, very strong likelihood that those getting the CIT-520 form are those who have crossed the US-Canada border BY ROAD a lot. And of course, the more of those the more of the accounting required to be done with no stamping etc etc.

In case of air travel, coming into the US you have a CBP arrival stamp and flying back into Canada upon your return you have a CBSA stamp (so you have the entry-exit combo surrounding a trip covered)

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in a same boat... test is done but waiting on Oath from past three months. I got my physical CIC file via ATIP, in the Immigration Officer has marked tick marks on the dates that they are able to verify. But the ones they are not able too, I belive that's why they have requested CBSA. Keeping fingers crossed, I am thinking if they are not able to match CBSA with my citizenship app, they will issue RQ.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
Also, very strong likelihood that those getting the CIT-520 form are those who have crossed the US-Canada border BY ROAD a lot. And of course, the more of those the more of the accounting required to be done with no stamping etc etc.

In case of air travel, coming into the US you have a CBP arrival stamp and flying back into Canada upon your return you have a CBSA stamp (so you have the entry-exit combo surrounding a trip covered)
You don't always get stamps when you clear customs at the airport, either. Since becoming a permanent resident, I have gone through customs at YYZ (either entering the U.S. or Canada) a total of 17 times. My passport was only stamped 7 of those times.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks, we've applied recently as a family for citizenship and our applications were accepted. As I'd been traveling a bit for the business related reasons (not thru USA though) I reckon that I might get the RQ.

So, having said that, would you recommend me to start getting docs required in the current CIT-520 RQ form, let's say, at least, the OHIP record and to translate all those stamps in passports which are not in English or french for the citizenship qualifying period?

Seems that most of other docs required in that CIT-520 form I am able to provide right on the spot i.e. bank/credit card statements, rent/mortgage docs, employment/company records, NOAs, and Rogers cable TV/internet bills I do have too.
What is really taking a long time to get - the OHIP records and Entry-Exit records, right?
Could someone guide me on how I can get those, I guess I need to request it now just in case, as they will give me only 45 days to complete the list. Thanks for all your help in advance, I want to be ready with the package just in case they will ask me for it.

P.S.: I already authorized CIC to get my Canadian entry-exit records when I signed the application. Would they ask me to get the entry-exit records from the countries I traveled to ??? I have no idea how to do that tough... Any advice on that one, pls?

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
I got a RQ Request yesterday.
Do i have to apply for OHIP records?

In the last 4 years i went to doctor just 3 times.

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be safe order the OHIP records (regardless of the number of times your went)

Good Luck!

mailvdutt said:
I got a RQ Request yesterday.
Do i have to apply for OHIP records?

In the last 4 years i went to doctor just 3 times.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
How many days it takes to get OHIP Records

DoctorWaiting

Jul 30, 2014
Hi everyone,

There has been a lot of confusion around this form, so I'll just contribute with my experience. I received the form CIT 0520 over 4 months after my test. At my test, the officer told me they might ask for more documents and I'll get it within 45 days, which took much longer. Since I went there with complete docs A-Z, I told him I can give him whatever he wants, but he just said no wait for any letters and send what we ask for. In the form, the wanted my rental/lease/mortgage documents, employment records for all jobs, original transcripts, CRA assessments, and personal health claim summary (PHCS) all for the duration of the four years preceding my application. Here's my timeline as per the CIC website:
---
file rec'vd: Dec 4, 2012
We sent confirmation and study discover canada on: Dec 4, 2012
started processing: Mar 1, 2013
Sent letter for test on: Mar 2, 2014
Test on: Mar 17, 2014 (passed 20/20) Edmonton
--no more info updated there--

I received the CIT 0520 on July 28, 2014. I called the cic call center and the agent said this is NOT an RQ, but the local office wants more info. I asked how long would this delay the process, and she said since it's non-routine now, the average time for non-routine is 36 months. But I think this is just a standard answer since someone else in the forums claimed he got the same document for passport translations, and he got invitation to oath less than a month after sending his documents. Anyways, the form has only two more check boxes, one for color copies of passport pages and translated stamps, the other for movement form a particular country, and also an "other" field. I should also give some context about my case: came to Canada in 2004 as a student, got my masters and PhD here, also worked full time and part-time for some engineering companies. I own my residence, and only traveled a few times to US for conferences and to the Bahamas once for vacation, all via air. Except for my few trips (all clear in with the passport stamps), seems like my case is as straightforward as can be, and I'm baffled and frustrated as to why I got this form. Anyways, thought to share this, and if anyone is in the same situation or has some ideas, please share. much appreciated. I'm planning to send my documents as soon as I can the health care claim (which takes 2-3 weeks in Alberta).

good luck.

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
YorkFactory said:
You don't always get stamps when you clear customs at the airport, either. Since becoming a permanent resident, I have gone through customs at YYZ (either entering the U.S. or Canada) a total of 17 times. My passport was only stamped 7 of those times.
Correction. If you land at the airport, your passport will definitely get stamped, whether PR or not. However, if you are driving through from the US, your passport might not get stamped.

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nexxus007 said:
Correction. If you land at the airport, your passport will definitely get stamped, whether PR or not. However, if you are driving through from the US, your passport might not get stamped.
I'm sorry, but that is completely wrong. My passport hasn't been stamped once at YVR since becoming PR and using the automated border clearance. In fact, there is no requirement to even present your passport when using ABC. Admittedly ABC is currently only available at Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal so if you are landing elsewhere or if you choose to use the foreign nationals line you may get stamped, I don't know.